Page 26 of 222 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    @USM W - Shock the world and get everyone pumped for football
    @ILL L - But play better than expected
    Kent St L - The bubble bursts after the first two weeks
    @KSU L - Bad Loss
    @ULM L - Devistating Loss - Stevie P tells us we all have to be patient that we are YOUNG I go into convulsions
    @NT W - The team rallies
    ASU W - An rallies again
    FIU L - Cant stand prosperity
    UTEP L
    @FAU L
    @Troy L
    MT W - Trying to save a job

4-8. Time for a change
    This post reminds me of when we started 1-5 and finished 6-6. May be the most logical post!!!

My predictions:

@USM L
    @ILL L
    Kent St W
    @KSU L
    @ULM L
    @NT L
    ASU W
    FIU W
    UTEP L
    @FAU L
    @Troy L
    MT W

4-8. I really want to be proven wrong. We've been posting 6-6 and 7-5 for the last few years and we were bit hard last year. After that loss to McNeese I lost a ton of faith.

I'll be out there to support them Win or Lose, but I haven't seen anything that makes me believe we can get past 6-6.

Default Re: Cajuns Complete First Fall Scrimmage

Thanks for the write up T. I love reading your stuff. How has Derrick Smith looked so far? I know he wasn't practicing as much during the spring with academics but I haven't heard his name much but I think he will have to be huge for any type of success this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Thanks for the write up T. I love reading your stuff. How has Derrick Smith looked so far? I know he wasn't practicing as much during the spring with academics but I haven't heard his name much but I think he will have to be huge for any type of success this year. _
    He didn't scrimmage Saturday because of a sore hamstring. So he has been limited during the week. Lance Kelley and Louis Lee have really stepped up during his absence. Kelley is really having a good fall, look for him to be a major factor in the three WR set and rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ He didn't scrimmage Saturday because of a sore hamstring. So he has been limited during the week. Lance Kelley and Louis Lee have really stepped up during his absence. Kelley is really having a good fall, look for him to be a major factor in the three WR set and rotation. _
    Cajun T, during the scrimmage the QB got under center a lot more than usual. Is this something we can expect to see a lot more of?

5. Default Re: Cajuns Complete First Fall Scrimmage

So does this Froshy have the goods? I'm referring to Chris Masson Is he the real deal?

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ So does this Froshy have the goods? I'm referring to Chris Masson Is he the real deal? _
    Both the Red shirt QB's can come in and play

7. UL Football NCAA Football pREview - UL Ragin' Cajuns

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - 2007 SEASON IN REVIEW: The Ragin' Cajuns took a step back last season, as they captured just three victories after winning six games in each of the two prior seasons. UL-Lafayette, which has never made a bowl game, was considered a legitimate contender for the SBC title in 2007, but the program failed to live up to the hype, finishing just 3-4 in the league.

The Cajuns' 2007 campaign was over before it really started, as the team dropped its first five games, including an embarrassing 38-17 home loss to FCS member McNeese State. In early October, ULL finally got into the win column, downing North Texas by a 38-29 score. The excitement was short-lived however, as the squad was humbled by Arkansas State (52-21) the following week. That loss was the first of three straight, although the club nearly upset Sun Belt co-champions Florida Atlantic, losing 39-32 in overtime. ULL showed some life during the final stretch, picking up back-to-back road wins over Middle Tennessee (34-24) and Florida International (38-28) before losing to UL-Monroe (17-11) in the regular season finale.

The Cajuns won just one of their six home games and that was the biggest surprise for a program that had posted a .500 or better record at home in each of the previous five seasons.

The rest of the story

By Ralph Lauro
    Associate College Football Editor
    SportsNetwork.com

Default Re: NCAA Football pREview - UL Ragin' Cajuns

If anyone is getting too geeked up for the season.read this article. It will bring you down in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    If anyone is getting too geeked up for the season.read this article. It will bring you down in a hurry. _
    Having the benefit of seeing your post first allowed me to decide not go there.

Is he another of those dime a dozen "experts" who's not likely ever even seen a Cajun game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ Both the Red shirt QB's can come in and play _

I saw the red shirt kid, Gauthier, in the Louisiana v. Texas all star game on TV. Unfortunately, he was less than impressive. I think he acknowledged that he had a bad game, so we can't hold that against him. Is he looking pretty good in practice? Does he have a future as a QB because that surely wasn't evidenced in that game? He looked to be a good athlete, however.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Having the benefit of seeing your post first allowed me to decide not go there.

Is he another of those dime a dozen "experts" who's not likely ever even seen a Cajun game?

_
    Probably. Like I have said earlier, all these guys do is take last years record and add/subtract one win. Spoiler alert!! He predicted 3 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    _ I saw the red shirt kid, Gauthier, in the Louisiana v. Texas all star game on TV. Unfortunately, he was less than impressive. I think he acknowledged that he had a bad game, so we can't hold that against him. Is he looking pretty good in practice? Does he have a future as a QB because that surely wasn't evidenced in that game? He looked to be a good athlete, however. _
    From everything I have heard he looks good.was very posed in the pocket Saturday.

Gautier is a true freshman

igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: NCAA Football pREview - UL Ragin' Cajuns

Well, that ought to make the CAJUNS angry enough to win at least FOUR games this season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Probably. Like I have said earlier, all these guys do is take last years record and add/subtract one win. Spoiler alert!! He predicted 3 wins. _
    I don't do predictions (or bet). However, if I did do predictions I would pick us 9-3 just to offset this guy's predicition. That should equalize the karma involved here and leave it to the players and coaches to decide what the final 2008 record will be.

Page 26 of 222 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread Information