Page 25 of 222 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Roster update

Head coach Rickey Bustle said junior running back Undre Sails from College of the Desert in California is still waiting for his course work to clear. Once that happens he will get his associate's degree and become eligible for the Cajuns.

Already on campus, Sails is expected to compete for the back-up spot behind returning starter Tyrell Fenroy. Last year, Sails accounted for 11 touchdowns and rushed for 639 yards on 119 carries. The 5-foot-9, 195-pounder averaged 71 rushing yards per game - the fifth-best mark in the Foothill Conference - as the College of the Desert went 9-1.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 9, 2008

2. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns go in full pads, prepare for scrimmage

UL — The University of Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns strapped on all of the pads for the first time in preparation for today’s scrimmage that is set for 2:30 p.m.

“I’m disappointed with the way the defense practiced (Friday),” defensive line coach Gerald Broussard said. “I thought the offensive line did a good job getting after us. We never matched their intensity.”

On Sunday, fans will get an up-close look at the Ragin’ Cajuns fall sports lineup at the 2008 Ragin’ Cajuns Fan Day, presented by MidSouth Bank that runs from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m.

Players will sign autographs at this free event. Fans will also get to walk on the new turf recently installed at Cajun Field.

The rest of the story

Advocate news services

Default Re: Season Predictions

The cajun look-alike thread was hillarious. These fans tend to border LSU as some of the most arrogant fans around for limited success.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ The cajun look-alike thread was hillarious. These fans tend to border LSU as some of the most arrogant fans around for limited success. _
    Throw latex in the mix! LOL!!

Z

Default Re: Roster update

link to Parrott's blog:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest

In it, Parrott says Glazer signed up with Div II South Dakota. That 's too bad, I wish he could have been a Cajun.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Roster update

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ link to Parrott's blog:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest

In it, Parrott says Glazer signed up with Div II South Dakota. That 's too bad, I wish he could have been a Cajun. _
    Glad to hear it. I hope all is well in his world!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Throw latex in the mix! LOL!!

Z
    The Shallow Hals.

8. UL Football Fall Practice: Day 6 (Scrimmage 1)

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns scrimmaged for the first time this fall on Saturday afternoon at Cajun Field.

The steamy 117-play effort was conducted with an on-field temperature of 106 degrees.

The scrimmage was scripted so that each series would not last more than seven plays. It’s rare to see successful touchdown drives in that type of setting unless the offense comes up with a very big play, yet the offense came up with three on them, two of which resulted in touchdowns.

The first scoring play came via a 55-yard rush by quarterback Chris Masson. Masson executed a beautiful fake and ran around the right side. By the time the defense realized who had the ball Masson was 30 yards down the field with a blocker en route to the score.

Masson was in on the second scoring play as well thanks to a 54-yard pass to Lance Kelley. The defender made a play at the ball, but missed, and Kelley ran untouched down the sidelines for the easy score.

Masson finished 7-for-16 for 100 yards passing.

“The effort was good,” head coach Rickey Bustle said. “I thought for a first scrimmage that it was one of the best ones I’ve been around.

“I think toward the end it tends to get a little sloppy but this one didn’t. The guys were playing hard all the way to the end. We substituted more people and everyone gave a good effort today.”

Starting quarterback Michael Desormeaux played in three series and posted some impressive numbers. He finished 12-of-15 passing for 128 yards and had one rush for five yards. The only blemish came on an errant pass that was intercepted. It appeared that Desormeaux was trying to throw the ball away, but safety Gerren Blount made a diving catch on the sidelines for the pick.

Star running back Tyrell Fenroy saw only two series, rushing five times for 14 yards.

True freshman running back Yobes Walker had 15 carries for 76 yards, while junior Matt Dupre totaled 12 carries for 64 yards. Dupre’s total was helped by a 25-yard scamper down to the two-yard line. Unfortunately, the run was the seventh of the series and a new series began at the other end of the field.

“It was a great concentration by our guys, great focus,” Bustle added. “That’s what we really set out to do, to get one percent better every day.

“I think we got six percent better, maybe we got a little better than that. These guys believe in what’s going on. This is becoming a very close knit group.”

“I thought our two young running backs ran pretty hard. They weren’t quite hitting the holes, but they’ll see it on film really for the first time. I saw some receivers make some good catches.”

Kelley led all receivers with six catches for 95 yards. Twelve other players had at least one reception. Starting receiver Derrick Smith did not dress while fellow starting wide out Jason Chery grabbed three catches for 36 yards and added a 29-yard rush.

“We should have had some more turnovers. There were a few opportunities (for turnovers) that hit us in the hands. I know that’s what we’re striving to do and we did get a couple turnovers.”

The Cajuns defense collected two interceptions and a fumble recovery. Terrell Richardson led all defenders with an interception and a fumble recovery.

Fan Day is slated to begin at Cajun Field from 5-7 p.m. on Sunday. The team will return to practice on Monday afternoon.

Injury report: Offensive lineman Nasser Jamal was carted off the field in the first half with a knee injury. He is scheduled to undergo an MRI and will be re-evaluated at a later date.

RaginCajuns.com

Default Cajuns Complete First Fall Scrimmage

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ @USM - W
    -Hattiesburg is in transition right now. New Coach, new OC, lots of youth on that team. If we can put some pressure on their young QB, and win the T.O. battle (of course), we can pull this one off. Not quite sure why they are ranked #49?
    We have a winner.

Not only do we have a young QB learning a new scheme, but a young OL with no depth. Pressure on our QB could result in a LONG day, err I mean night for USM fans.

Haven't seen our fanbase this excited since becoming a fan in '78, we'll have a large and LOUD crowd on hand. Could be the differrence. Looking forward to the game.

As for being ranked 49, hard to say. My only answer would be tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGold View Post
    _ We have a winner.

Not only do we have a young QB learning a new scheme, but a young OL with no depth. Pressure on our QB could result in a LONG day, err I mean night for USM fans.

Haven't seen our fanbase this excited since becoming a fan in '78, we'll have a large and LOUD crowd on hand. Could be the differrence. Looking forward to the game.

As for being ranked 49, hard to say. My only answer would be tradition. _
    You guys were the original giant killer. Wasnt it Reggie Collier that lead your guys into Tallahassee and upset mighty Fla. St in the early 80's? You have alot of tradition.

New stadium improvements. new coach. Ought to be a great environment for football. Could be the intangibles everyone always points to!

I really believe UL has one of the better offenses you'll face all year. Defense is our question mark.

We have great respect for USM, and look forward to making the trip!

Z

_ You guys were the original giant killer. Wasnt it Reggie Collier that lead your guys into Tallahassee and upset mighty Fla. St in the early 80's? You have alot of tradition.

New stadium improvements. new coach. Ought to be a great environment for football. Could be the intangibles everyone always points to!

I really believe UL has one of the better offenses you'll face all year. Defense is our question mark.

Z _
    Glad to see you are coming, brings some friends with you!

You guys were the original giant killer. Wasnt it Reggie Collier that lead your guys into Tallahassee and upset mighty Fla. St in the early 80's? You have alot of tradition.

Z
    Hey, Z, have you got tickets yet? If so, what section are you in? Is there a section where they're putting us? I can't wait to start this season. I was going to head over to Fan Day but I spent the day on yard work and just came at 3:30 all sweaty and without lunch. So I think I'll stay home on this one, darn it. I was looking forward to seeing the new field, the crowd and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Hey, Z, have you got tickets yet? If so, what section are you in? Is there a section where they're putting us? I can't wait to start this season. I was going to head over to Fan Day but I spent the day on yard work and just came at 3:30 all sweaty and without lunch. So I think I'll stay home on this one, darn it. I was looking forward to seeing the new field, the crowd and the players. _
    Dont have them yet. Cant answer any of your questions? See you in 3 weeks!

Z

Z
    Reggie did lead USM to a 58-14 win over FSU in Tallahassee. Even bigger was in 1989 when Brett Favre led USM to a huge upset of FSU in Jacksonville when they were ranked #4. They finished that season ranked #2. In Brett's last season at USM the Eagles beat Alabama and Auburn in 1990.
    Speaking of Reggie. Reggie had a huge game in defeating Bear Bryant's Bama team in his last game at home in Tuscaloosa in 82. Bear Bryant lost two games at home in Tuscaloosa in his whole career. One to Florida and one to USM.
    In the last game played between Georgia, Nebraska and LSU, USM owns the win.

Page 25 of 222 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information