Page 24 of 222 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Season Predictions

@USM - W
    -Hattiesburg is in transition right now. New Coach, new OC, lots of youth on that team. If we can put some pressure on their young QB, and win the T.O. battle (of course), we can pull this one off. Not quite sure why they are ranked #49?

@ILL - L
    -The best thing that can come out of this is an injury free 4 quarters.

Kent St - W
    -Undoubtedly the key to the 2008 campaign. STOP THE RUN!!! This team should be ready to play by week 3, not to mention it's our home opener. (A win @ USM could spring board a young defense to play out of their minds in front of an excited home crowd)

@KSU - L
    -Keep our fingers crossed for no injuries, and hopefully team morale and pysche won't be affected by this trip

@ULM - W
    -The War eagles have a few studs, but still don't mesh together as a team. Their speed won't dominate the field this time around Not quite as important as the Kent St game, but equally enticing. (Especially considering that it kicks off the SB schedule)

@NT - W
    -Still Young, still down. They'll be scary soon, but not in 2008.

ASU - L
    -Back home after a successful road trip, look for a let down. Bustle raves about this teams's "character"; well, this will be a true test. With a team that is still learning how to win, this one might surprise some people.

FIU - W
    -We rebound well, and probably turn in our best performance of the year. (and we better get them while we can, because FIU is going to be a force in the SB in the very near future)

UTEP - L
    -This team is superior; thats the bottom line. If we can get some timely turnovers in key junctures of this game, and the crowd stays in it most of the way, I could see a SLIGHT chance to win this one. But rational thinking tells me that UTEP's talent and match-up problems are to steep for the Cajuns.

@FAU - W
    -Following recent trends, I am of the opinion that, even with all that hype, and Coach Schnell, Florida Atlantic will completely fall from grace this season. By the time the Cajuns make the trip to Boca, it won't even be a surprise that we have a ten point lead with 4 minutes to go in the game. Looks like a stretch now, but the Cajuns will be expected to win this game come Nov. 15th.

@Troy - L
    -Troy lost a few big guns last year, but I can't help but notice the dedication to reload down in Alabama. The Trojans will surprise some people, and along side UL, be some what of the surprise team in the SB this year. (again, FAU being the surprise team for worse)

MT - W
    -Mike and Tyrell's last game in the swamp. I look for a superb effort from both. The rest of the team feeds on those guys' urgency, and we pull out another home upset.

Final Record: 7 - 5 (and some-post season activity)

*This is all subject to change considering any health issues ANY. We need all of our #1's healthy to have a season even similar to this.

P.S. - This is the only scenario that I can see Ricky keeping his job. Anything less, and the "new regime" stays course, and ushers in a new era in Ragin Cajun Football.

Default Re: Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    _ Not bragging, just fact. Torris Magee, Sean Nelson and Deandre Brown are all three bigtime receivers. You will see for yourself on August 30. Only question mark is whether our freshman qb can get the ball to them. With Fedora's spread offense, I don't think that will be a problem though.
    Unless your poor defense from last year has drastically improved, I just don't think you have the athletes on defense to stop our offense. Question is will our defense be able to stop your offense. _
    That reminds me of something else the Cajuns have to do this season we haven't done in awhile and that is put pressure on QBs.

Without knowing anything about what USM will do under Fedora in '08, I would expect to see Damion Fletcher carrying the ball a lot against us. That is, if anyone on your staff (cough, cough) has any first hand knowledge of our defense.

Default Re: UL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PLANS TRIP TO USM

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Is this trip open to students, or is it alumni only? _
    The last trip we went on was open to anyone.there were players parents on board, not many childeren, mainly adults, but definitely not all alumni.
    BTG

4. Default Re: Hattiesburg

Mahogany Bar, the End Zone are good places to start. The Hog is the back part of Crescent City Grill restaurant and is rather popular. The End Zone is right off of campus and is a typical college dive. Roper's is a country place. Keg and Barrel might not be a bad place to check out, if you're a non-smoker. And, of course, there are the other typical options; Buffalo Wild Wings, etc.

_ You are correct. DeAndre Brown is 6'6", 240 lbs and runs a 4.5 forty. In practices so far he has been unreal. He is the only five star recruit to ever sign with a CUSA team. He is going to be a great one. Your defensive backs are in for a long day against our receivers. This is the best receiving group at USM in a long time. _

Will you please advise as to the USM website similar to this one where we are free to chime in as you have here? Thanks.

@USM W - Shock the world and get everyone pumped for football
    @ILL L - But play better than expected
    Kent St L - The bubble bursts after the first two weeks
    @KSU L - Bad Loss
    @ULM L - Devistating Loss - Stevie P tells us we all have to be patient that we are YOUNG I go into convulsions
    @NT W - The team rallies
    ASU W - An rallies again
    FIU L - Cant stand prosperity
    UTEP L
    @FAU L
    @Troy L
    MT W - Trying to save a job

4-8. Time for a change

Default Re: Hattiesburg

the end zone has been around a long time, I remember sneaking in there when I was 17 or so and thats over 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ In the interest of keeping you from feeling "piled-on," I agree with your assessment. _
    Traitor. Kissing USM rumps will get you nowhere!
    USM doesn't have a chance against us. My mole inside of the USM program tells me the WR are having a hard time running routes and learning the new playbook. Furthermore their hotshot RB runs out of bounds more than Reggie Bush! Look for us to win by 4-5 touchdowns.

Two money games 0-2
    Three out of conference games 2-1 (if we are lucky)
    Seven conference games 4-3 (again if we are lucky)

We have to have luck but 6-6. I can see us going 5-7 too.

This is my prediction for next year and the year after that too.

I don't think we will ever see a 9 win season again. An eight win season will be rare. I will still support MY SCHOOL but that is the reality of the situation as it stands now. It would be nice to play only one money game a year but I don't think that will change any time soon either. And guess what, it's not the coaches fault (Bustle or anybody else) it's our situation. A new coach will be in the same situation. We dug ourselves in a hole with a large backhoe. We are filling in the hole, but with a hand shovel. Everybody else is building up a mound, some with dozers, others with many back hoes. I fear we will always be looking up to everybody else. JMO though.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ Two money games 0-2
    Three out of conference games 2-1 (if we are lucky)
    Seven conference games 4-3 (again if we are lucky)

We have to have luck but 6-6. I can see us going 5-7 too.

This is my prediction for next year and the year after that too.

I don't think we will ever see a 9 win season again. An eight win season will be rare. I will still support MY SCHOOL but that is the reality of the situation as it stands now. It would be nice to play only one money game a year but I don't think that will change any time soon either. And guess what, it's not the coaches fault (Bustle or anybody else) it's our situation. A new coach will be in the same situation. We dug ourselves in a hole with a large backhoe. We are filling in the hole, but with a hand shovel. Everybody else is building up a mound, some with dozers, others with many back hoes. I fear we will always be looking up to everybody else. JMO though. _
    I don't think this post will be included in the RCAF promotional material.

_ Not bragging, just fact. Torris Magee, Sean Nelson and Deandre Brown are all three bigtime receivers. You will see for yourself on August 30. Only question mark is whether our freshman qb can get the ball to them. With Fedora's spread offense, I don't think that will be a problem though.
    Unless your poor defense from last year has drastically improved, I just don't think you have the athletes on defense to stop our offense. Question is will our defense be able to stop your offense. _
    I may eat crow for this, but we will beat USM by 10 or more. This is a Cajun team that will not forget. We will refer to them much like we do the the basketball teams of the 70's. Just not as much national success. 8 wins or more. You heard it here first.

Default Re: Hattiesburg

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Miss Alum View Post
    _ Mahogany Bar, the End Zone are good places to start. The Hog is the back part of Crescent City Grill restaurant and is rather popular. The End Zone is right off of campus and is a typical college dive. Roper's is a country place. Keg and Barrel might not be a bad place to check out, if you're a non-smoker. And, of course, there are the other typical options; Buffalo Wild Wings, etc. _
    Bottling Co. and Mugshots if you into the Frat bar atmosphere. The talent there is pretty impressive as well. Ropers is pretty fun as well, but its a lot like Cowboys here in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    Will you please advise as to the USM website similar to this one where we are free to chime in as you have here? Thanks.
    The most active USM board is the rivals board. Here is the link

http://southernmiss.rivals.com/forum.d=2604&style=2

There is another USM board. This is kind of the rogue board. Not bad guys, just not your normal board.

http://www.eaglepost.info/board/viewforum.php?f=2

Like all schools, you will find some friendly posters and you will find some jerks.

14. Default Re: UL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PLANS TRIP TO USM

I had a ball at the last USM game I went to in hatt.--We lost a bet to them losing the year before and had to cook ---We win on a fg--last play---The next morning on the front page is the Boomer bbQing-----It was something that Preston Guidry had set up---Think a NO game would be great if rules allow!!!!

15. UL Football Fall Practice Day 5

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns strapped on all of the pads for the first time this fall in preparation for Saturday’s scrimmage. The Cajuns will scrimmage at Cajun Field on Saturday at 2:30 p.m.

Friday’s heavy hitting practice included the always physical middle drill, as well as a team varsity period.

“I’m disappointed with the way the defense practiced (Friday),” defensive line coach Gerald Broussard said. “I thought the offensive line did a good job getting after us. We never matched their intensity.

“The defense had some great days leading up to this point, but we weren’t as physical and didn’t have the intensity to be a good run-stopping defense and it all starts with the guys up front.”

The defense’s subpar performance was surprising considering the first practice in full pads is normally to the defensive player’s advantage.

“We have to go out thinking that every day is supposed to be our day,” Broussard added. “It shouldn’t matter if we are in shorts or full gear.

“Naturally the intensity picks up when you’re in full gear and we have to turn it up a notch (on defense).”

When asked if he was concerned about any carryover into Saturday’s scrimmage, Coach Broussard put the burden on his athletes to turn the page and return to the form he saw in the first four days of practice.

“It’s on the players. They have to get their focus back and get their mind right (tonight). Hopefully, we can learn from the tapes and get ready in our morning walk through.

“I hope they come back with the mindset that it’s not going to happen again.

“The coaches are looking for great effort and great intensity on both sides of the ball. Things have to continue to build and the guys have to get better everyday.”

RaginCajuns.com

Page 24 of 222 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread Information