Page 23 of 222 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Thats WR i believe was a blue chip recruit who was previously committed to LSU
    You are correct. DeAndre Brown is 6'6", 240 lbs and runs a 4.5 forty. In practices so far he has been unreal. He is the only five star recruit to ever sign with a CUSA team. He is going to be a great one. Your defensive backs are in for a long day against our receivers. This is the best receiving group at USM in a long time.

2. UL Football UL Headed in the Right Direction

The University of Louisiana football team displayed a resiliency Thursday not found in recent teams.

With the heat index pushing 100 degrees, the Ragin’ Cajuns managed to complete a stretch of 10 practice periods to the liking of their coaches.

“The heat caused some tired legs, but the guys pushed through and worked extremely hard,” UL-Lafayette quarterbacks coach Jorge Munoz said. “We’re heading in the right direction. Guys are spirited and there has been some good competition.”

UL has a total of six quarterbacks on its roster with senior Michael Desormeaux set to start for the second season. The Cajuns are also working five other players at the position with incoming freshman Blaine Gautier of Lutcher in the mix.

The Cajuns will practice at 2:30 p.m. today for the first time in full pads and scrimmage Saturday at 2:30.

The rest of the story

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    You are correct. DeAndre Brown is 6'6", 240 lbs and runs a 4.5 forty. In practices so far he has been unreal. He is the only five star recruit to ever sign with a CUSA team. He is going to be a great one. Your defensive backs are in for a long day against our receivers. This is the best receiving group at USM in a long time. _
    I thought we played you at night.

Default Re: UL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PLANS TRIP TO USM

I called the Alumni Center.they arn't quite set up yet with information for the trip. They are starting a list for the trip, but no details yet. I spoke with Angie, and she said they are trying to get 2 buses. She had no info on tailgaiting at this time. I went a couple years ago on the Houston trip, it was top dollar. Cold beer, great po-boys, and tailgaiting area set up at the Stadium. If this trip is half as nice, it will be well worth it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ You are correct. DeAndre Brown is 6'6", 240 lbs and runs a 4.5 forty. In practices so far he has been unreal. He is the only five star recruit to ever sign with a CUSA team. He is going to be a great one. Your defensive backs are in for a long day against our receivers. This is the best receiving group at USM in a long time. _
    wow! If spreadeagle said itI believe it!

I just think I'll stay home now.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

The setup at UH in 2006 was really good. And almost every game that we play in Houston has some sort of tailgating event or something. However, I'm curious if that has a lot to do with the Mandola Bros being available to cater such an affair. They obviously won't have that ability in Hattiesburg, which is why I'm asking.
    igeaux.mobi

You are correct. DeAndre Brown is 6'6", 240 lbs and runs a 4.5 forty. In practices so far he has been unreal. He is the only five star recruit to ever sign with a CUSA team. He is going to be a great one. Your defensive backs are in for a long day against our receivers. This is the best receiving group at USM in a long time.
    Your defensive line is going to be in for a long day against our rushing attack

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    I hope they dont take funds away from the annual ski trip! Wait, maybe this trip will involve hitting the slopes!

Haha!

Please see the sarcasm before anyone gets upset.

GEAUX UL!

9. Default Re: UL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PLANS TRIP TO USM

Is this trip open to students, or is it alumni only?

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Your defensive line is going to be in for a long day against our rushing attack
    No doubt our defensive line is the biggest question mark on our team, so you could very well be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    wow! If spreadeagle said itI believe it!

I just think I'll stay home now.
    Not bragging, just fact. Torris Magee, Sean Nelson and Deandre Brown are all three bigtime receivers. You will see for yourself on August 30. Only question mark is whether our freshman qb can get the ball to them. With Fedora's spread offense, I don't think that will be a problem though.
    Unless your poor defense from last year has drastically improved, I just don't think you have the athletes on defense to stop our offense. Question is will our defense be able to stop your offense.

Not bragging, just fact. Torris Magee, Sean Nelson and Deandre Brown are all three bigtime receivers. You will see for yourself on August 30. Only question mark is whether our freshman qb can get the ball to them. With Fedora's spread offense, I don't think that will be a problem though.
    Unless your poor defense from last year has drastically improved, I just don't think you have the athletes on defense to stop our offense. Question is will our defense be able to stop your offense.
    That's why they play the games on the field, not on paper. I think our defense HAS improved greatly from last year, but we still may not be able to stop your unstoppable offense.

13. Default Re: Season Predictions

-

Too many past disappointments to predict anything better.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ Not bragging, just fact. Torris Magee, Sean Nelson and Deandre Brown are all three bigtime receivers. You will see for yourself on August 30. Only question mark is whether our freshman qb can get the ball to them. With Fedora's spread offense, I don't think that will be a problem though.
    Unless your poor defense from last year has drastically improved, I just don't think you have the athletes on defense to stop our offense. Question is will our defense be able to stop your offense. _
    In the interest of keeping you from feeling "piled-on," I agree with your assessment.

15. Default Re: Season Predictions

Predicting Ragin Cajun football is like trying to predict rain in South Louisiana on a summer afternoon. You just never know what you're going to get.

Page 23 of 222 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information