Page 22 of 222 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Nooooooooooooooo!!!

The CAJUNS: 1. WILL beat Southern Miss.
    2. WILL beat the monrovians.
    3. WILL go 8-4, 7-1.
    AND 4. Go to their first Bowl Game in almost 40 years!!!

BELIEVE IT OR ELSE!!! _
    Is that a prediction?
    I hope your right, but instead of posting that here, I'd refer that one to the "Make a Wish Foundation" or God himself.

Default Football Practice Gallery

Click on the link to go to the gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.ery_id=1212413

3. Default Scrimmage Saturday 2pm Cajun Field

Saturday’s scrimmage at Cajun Field has been set for 2:30 p.m.
    http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArtic.ATCLID=1549439

4. UL Football Guts = Glory: Cajuns' defense brings new attitude

Within seconds of catching the screen pass in Wednesday's practice, Draylon Booker suffered the most vicious hit so far in UL's preseason football camp.

Booker, a true freshman from Texas, had enough time to turn up field before getting blasted by junior cornerback Junior Jean.

Jean's helmet flew off and up in the air.

Booker hit the turf hard, as his teammates and coaches roared after the big lick.

Welcome to the first day of practice in shoulder pads for the Ragin' Cajuns.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 7, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Kent State supposedly has one of the best running backs in the MAC. Considering our run defense last year, I can see someone predicting a loss there. _
    Kent St has a RB named Eugene Jarvis who had close to 2000 total yards in 2007. He ran for 230 against Ohio and was 16 for 84 against Ohio St. They will surely come to Cajun Field expecting to pound us.

If the question is, can we win it? Then my answer is yes if we can stop the run, not fumble the ball away at critical junctures in the game and make some plays in the kicking game. Of course, that will usually win qite a few games for you.

We play USM Aug 30th and Illinois on Sept 13 and then open at home on the 20th with KSU. Having practiced defensing the likes of USM tailback Damion Fletcher and a Big 10 offense in Illinois, if we aren't ready on the 20th of Sept. for Kent St then we will never be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Kent St has a RB named Eugene Jarvis who had close to 2000 total yards in 2007. He ran for 230 against Ohio and was 16 for 84 against Ohio St. They will surely come to Cajun Field expecting to pound us.

If the question is, can we win it? Then my answer is yes if we can stop the run, not fumble the ball away at critical junctures in the game and make some plays in the kicking game. Of course, that will usually win qite a few games for you.

We play USM Aug 30th and Illinois on Sept 13 and then open at home on the 20th with KSU. Having practiced defensing the likes of USM tailback Damion Fletcher and a Big 10 offense in Illinois, if we aren't ready on the 20th of Sept. for Kent St then we will never be ready. _
    In the SI college football preview, they project Damion Fletcher of USM to be one of the best non BCS backs. USM also has a pure freshman WR that has highlighted in the SI preview. USM is picked No. 49. That is quite high considering their season was disappointing last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ In the SI college football preview, they project Damion Fletcher of USM to be one of the best non BCS backs. USM also has a pure freshman WR that has highlighted in the SI preview. USM is picked No. 49. That is quite high considering their season was disappointing last year. _
    Thats WR i believe was a blue chip recruit who was previously committed to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Thats WR i believe was a blue chip recruit who was previously committed to LSU _
    DeAndre Brown

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ DeAndre Brown _
    That would be him

Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    The time is now. For so long the economy of the state was so depressed that it was dog eat dog and LSU had and has the political connections to win that kind of fight. But the state has money now, and as stated earlier Lafayette is in THE city to be in in Louisiana. If we can get just a little of the neveau riche oilfield business owners to kick in some real money, we could compete with any schoolI'm really suprised no one or no group has taken the opportunity to be UL's Boone Pickens. Maybe not at the same level, but there is some serious money passing through Lafayette right now. We should be able to develop a decent athletic program (legally, of course).

LSU represents all that is wrong with Louisiana's past. Corrupt political backroom dealings, racism, elitismhell their biggest benefactor was one of the most corrupt politicians in history. We have an opportunity to represent the NEW louisiana. Jindal's louisiana. The first school in the deep south to integrate. The first major basketball program in the deep south to integrate. Making do with less forever. We have a lot to be proud of, that doesn't include 2 loss national titles. We just need that "push". The potential is unreal.

Soapbox vacated
    It wasn't the lack of funds. The state has always had enough funds.

It was because James Wharton at State had a divide & conquer mentality: his strategy was that LSBR gets everything, the rest of us drop to JC status.

It was bad for Louisiana, it was bad for UL & the other schools, and it was bad for LSBR. Without competition, there's no accountability.

And without cooperation, none of us get enough money.

Which is why State is academically the lowest-ranked large "flagship" in the country (some schools are academically lower, but they are all smaller than State).

Default Hattiesburg

This will be my first time going to Hattiesburg. Anyone know what type of bars are there? I will be looking for one as soon as I get there the Friday night.

Default Re: Hattiesburg

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ This will be my first time going to Hattiesburg. Anyone know what type of bars are there? I will be looking for one as soon as I get there the Friday night. _
    They have a lot of bars. Send me a private message as to what you are looking for and I will give you my best suggestions. Or talk to my friends who live there and they will give me the best recommendations.

Default Re: UL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PLANS TRIP TO USM

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    bump to the top

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: UL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PLANS TRIP TO USM

Anyone know if they're gonna be hosting a tailgating party too?

igeaux.mobi

15. Default Fall Practice Day Four

Louisiana?s Ragin' Cajuns worked through 10 periods in the heat on Thursday afternoon. Temperatures in the 90's with a heat index over 100 degrees took its toll on the players.

The heat caused some tired legs, but the guys pushed through and worked extremely hard, passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Jorge Munoz said.

"We're heading in the right direction. Guys are spirited and there has been some good competition."

Even many of the casual practice observers have noticed how much better the Cajuns look at this point in camp compared to past camps.

"I think we are so much farther along after four practices than we were in the spring," Munoz agreed. "I like what I?ve seen" (in camp).

"It?s been back and forth during camp and it's not a day-to-day thing. The offense has had some good plays and the defense answers right back with some nice plays."

"The steps to having a good program are having terrific battles like that. We are having tremendous competition right now."

The Cajuns currently have six quarterbacks on the roster, led by incumbent starter Michael Desormeaux. Five freshmen follow with redshirts Chris Masson and Brad McGuire and true freshmen Blaine Gautier, Brady Thomas and Keldric White.

Playing time for the younger guys has been hard to come by.

"It?s impossible to get six quarterbacks ready to play," Munoz explained. "Mike's getting the majority of the reps and Brad and Chris are splitting the second team work."

"The true freshmen are getting mixed in along the way, but it works out okay because those young guys aren't quite ready to be in the line of fire."

The Cajuns will dress in full pads for Friday's practice for the first time this fall. The team will scrimmage on Saturday at Cajun Field at 2:30 p.m.

RaginCajuns.com

Page 22 of 222 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information