Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 212 219 220 221 222
Results 3,316 to 3,319 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Will Northern Ill. Fans Show Up?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Nope... the 7 win total got them the Indy... along with some hugging and kissing. I think he meant that a suspect win and an FCS win (SLU and not easily) helped Tech reach the 7 win total that secured a bowl bid. Looks good on paper... SEC team... but beating a 4-8 Miss State team in a down year, at your home season opener... ummm ok. A healthy UL rips Tech a new one.
    Miss St had 3 losses by a combined 12 points to AUBURN, LSU, and KENTUCKY. They were average this season. Let me know when we beat ANY SEC team, let alone average ones.

I'm not saying thet Tech was so much better than us, therefore they got the bid. I am saying that they have a win over a winning team in Fresno State and they did take care of business down the stretch. We did neither.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Miss St had 3 losses by a combined 12 points to AUBURN, LSU, and KENTUCKY. They were average this season. Let me know when we beat ANY SEC team, let alone average ones.

I'm not saying thet Tech was so much better than us, therefore they got the bid. I am saying that they have a win over a winning team in Fresno State and they did take care of business down the stretch. We did neither. _
    Love up on Tech all you want, but if we had Miss State at home... they go home with a loss. Auburn sucked this year... LSU could be considered "average"... MSU was below average in the SEC this year and the SEC was in a complete down year. I wasn't saying that you were inaccurate with who Tech beat or their 4oo5 ending stretch... we had 6 FBS wins and so did Tech. That was the point of the message to which you responded.

You've talked like UL sucked this year and you're complimentary of Tech's achievements. Tech and UL were on par with each other... so that does not add up. Troy would throttle Tech just as bad as they did us and we would have run neck in neck and beat Tech in the 4th Q at Indy. That's how I see it... and I'm not budging.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Love up on Tech all you want, but if we had Miss State at home... they go home with a loss. Auburn sucked this year... LSU could be considered "average"... MSU was below average in the SEC this year and the SEC was in a complete down year. I wasn't saying that you were inaccurate with who Tech beat or their 4oo5 ending stretch... we had 6 FBS wins and so did Tech. That was the point of the message to which you responded.

You've talked like UL sucked this year and you're complimentary of Tech's achievements. Tech and UL were on par with each other... so that does not add up. Troy would throttle Tech just as bad as they did us and we would have run neck in neck and beat Tech in the 4th Q at Indy. That's how I see it... and I'm not budging. _
    Miss St was as bad an SEC team as I've seen in recent years but they were especially bad that night in Ruston. Even Vanderbilt is consistently fielding average or better than average teams nowadays. With a resurgent Ole Miss program nearby it makes me wonder what the future holds for Miss St in terms of seriously competing in the SEC west.

Not taking anything away from LaTex but they were only a win over a average D1aa program above us this season. Now that's "separation", baby! lol!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Miss St was as bad an SEC team as I've seen in recent years but they were especially bad that night in Ruston. Even Vanderbilt is consistently fielding average or better than average teams nowadays. With a resurgent Ole Miss program nearby it makes me wonder what the future holds for Miss St in terms of seriously competing in the SEC west.

Not taking anything away from LaTex but they were only a win over a average D1aa program above us this season. Now that's "separation", baby! lol!! _
    I'm also not one to undervalue a close loss. It doesn't "count", but tells much more about a program than the final record "stat". Our close losses at KSU and Illinois, in their backyard, were not dismissed by me. Neither was great this year... but they fielded a better group than Miss State. KSU and/or Illinois come to Cajun Field this past year... they go home with a "Latex vs Miss State" type loss. The only thing I will hand Dooley at Tech is that he will get better scheduling deals than we will. He will get some home games, against middle to low BCS schools, and have a 50/50 shot of taking the W. I would like to see our AD do the same.

I "separated" a shoulder one time... it wasn't all that great. "Separation", to me, is equivalent to "Change"... a meaningless term that guarantees nothing and says less.

Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 212 219 220 221 222

Thread Information