Page 218 of 222 FirstFirst . 208 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 . LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Will Northern Ill. Fans Show Up?

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ A far better indicator is their past bowl traveling patterns.
    I agree.

This makes the NIU pick more baffling because only 4800 TOTAL showed up to watch NIU v. Troy in the Silicon Valley Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    _ It doesn't matter. 40K + turned out to watch ISU and Miami (OH). The key is whether or not Shreveport turns out. Tech will sell their tickets. NIU will sell a quarter of theirs. _

I think his point is at least 14-20 UL fans would have shown up, and spent money in Shrevesport, Bossier City. Part of the reason for a bowl is to help the local economy, and this NIU team won't. And further more since state money is involved it is also a bad thing for the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    I think his point is at least 14-20 UL fans would have shown up, and spent money in Shrevesport, Bossier City. Part of the reason for a bowl is to help the local economy, and this NIU team won't. And further more since state money is involved it is also a bad thing for the state.
    I don't know how many UL fans would've shown up, but there is little doubt that it would've easily been 2X what will show up from NIU (and I actually think a fair number of NIU fans are coming).

I'm not the cajun hater some of y'all think I am. I was disappointed Sunday night when I was under the impression that we (meaning Tech) CHOSE NIU over UL. Now that I know that wasn't the case, I feel a little better about it. I was looking forward to the tailgating.

I'm gonna buzz-off now because I've given y'all enough grief. I will say that I understand how y'all feel being left out. We've been there and it sucks. No doubt. Good luck getting your ship straight. Ours is far from straight, but it's 100% better than it was in 2006. It just takes one hire.

_ I don't know how many UL fans would've shown up, but there is little doubt that it would've easily been 2X what will show up from NIU (and I actually think a fair number of NIU fans are coming).

I'm not the cajun hater some of y'all think I am. I was disappointed Sunday night when I was under the impression that we (meaning Tech) CHOSE NIU over UL. Now that I know that wasn't the case, I feel a little better about it. I was looking forward to the tailgating.

I'm gonna buzz-off now because I've given y'all enough grief. I will say that I understand how y'all feel being left out. We've been there and it sucks. No doubt. Good luck getting your ship straight. Ours is far from straight, but it's 100% better than it was in 2006. It just takes one hire. _
    You will be missed.
    No, wait. You will be missed?
    Yeah that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ You will be missed.
    No, wait. You will be missed?
    Yeah that's it. _
    Here's the one NIU fan ready to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No wonder LA Tech has a problem playing the belt in a bowl. They already have their fill of former powerhouse members Idaho, Utah State and NMSU. Now THAT is a tough schedule.

_ I don't know how many UL fans would've shown up, but there is little doubt that it would've easily been 2X what will show up from NIU (and I actually think a fair number of NIU fans are coming).
    It would be at least as many as Tech would bring.

Default Re: Blaine Gautier

Now that the season is over, have they said what was really wrong with Desmo's knee? There is no way it was just sprained. Anyone know anything to quench my curiosity?

Question was. Also now that the season is over, have they said what was really wrong with Desmo's knee? There is no way it was just sprained. Anyone know anything to quench my curiosity?

Answer. Mike's knee had a torn meniscus. The surgery was done on Monday I believe. He said yesterday that the tear was not as bad as they thought. and everything went fine. Having had that surgery about two years, I would suspect that they cut away the small torn part.

He will now rehab and he said "should be 100% within a couple of months."

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Question was. Also now that the season is over, have they said what was really wrong with Desmo's knee? There is no way it was just sprained. Anyone know anything to quench my curiosity?

Answer. Mike's knee had a torn meniscus. The surgery was done on Monday I believe. He said yesterday that the tear was not as bad as they thought. and everything went fine. Having had that surgery about two years, I would suspect that they cut away the small torn part.

He will now rehab and he said "should be 100% within a couple of months." _
    Actually, according to coach Bustle and Michael's dad, he did not have a torn meniscus but a partially torn PCL. Doctors ended up just cleaning out some torn cartilage. Surgery is rarely done to repair a PCL unless it is completely torn. He should be fine after two-to-four weeks of rehab, which means he'll be good to train in the spring for scouts.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article.ORTS/812100326

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    He should be fine after two-to-four weeks of rehab, .

WHAT!?!?!?

Are you kidding me?

Either they got some very bad medical advice 2 months ago, or Desmo made a very poor decision in not going forward with the surgery then.

If he gets this surgery back then, we might not have won the league, but we would have gone bowling, and Bustle would be getting a nice extension right now.

As it stands now, Desmo not getting this surgery 2 months ago very well could cost Bustle his job next season.

Amazing.

By the way NIU played in front of 2267 people at Kent State.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default One of our Sunbelt Schools has a member on the I bowl Board of Directors

as one of its alums. Even though its relatively public on their board, I just as soon not say who, or what school his allegiance lies.

His take on the future of the I-Bowl

Q. You think the I Bowl will survive this? I know there are rumors that you may be done for

A. Even with the extra 10 TV sets we get in Chicago, we have less than 25% chance of making it.

RIP I Bowl 1976 - 2008

Default Re: One of our Sunbelt Schools has a member of the I bowl Board of Directors

Source please?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: One of our Sunbelt Schools has a member of the I bowl Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ Source please? _
    "Even though its relatively public on their board, I just as soon not say who, or what school his allegiance lies".

see the above from the first post in the thread.

Thread Information