Page 216 of 222 FirstFirst . 206 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 . LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Question for the Bustle haters

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Bustle did not get here until the '01 season so I think you should keep going. _
    00-01 - 1-11 (0-5 at home)
    01-02 - 3-8 (2-3 at home)
    the site doesn't have 02-03 ><

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ No I don't agree, He's had seven years and can't get us to a bowl. We are national bottom dwellers; he should have been fired the second after he lost to McNeese. The attitude you have is the same as our administration; wait a second, are you David Walker? _
    hahahahaha, thankfully i'm not david walker. Would absolutely hate to have his job at this time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Bustle did not get here until the '01 season so I think you should keep going. _
    If you are trying to get that we are better now, you are correct but that isn't saying much. He has 1 win over a team with a winning record in the 7 years. He should have been let go at the end of lat year but he got an extra year.i like the guy but he has not done enough to keep his job.

I'm disappointed that we didn't go to a bowl, but to be totally honest, we just didn't get it done this year. I wouldn't classify myself as a Bustle hater and he's certainly done as good a job since he's been here as anyone in the recent past. Again, being honest, if we had won those two against UTEP and Florida Atlantic (esp. UTEP at home), we would be a lock for a bowl. The question comes down to who we hold responsible for those losses. Certainly the player are responsible for execution, but coach Bustle made some questionable decisions leading up to those games that may have had an adverse effect on performance. I understand there was an injury issue, and we surely did not want to aggravate those, but I think closer adherence to routine would have helped us pull those games out. I say (like my voice makes a difference) but I say give him one more season to put us in a bowl and if we end up 6-6 or with a losing season, then it may be time to cut our losses and move on. That may be a tall order with Fenroy, Cherry and Desormeaux gone, but it will show us what kind of stuff Bustle is made of.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ 00-01 - 1-11 (0-5 at home)
    01-02 - 3-8 (2-3 at home)
    the site doesn't have 02-03 >< _
    Sun Belt Conference (2001-2007)
    2001 3-8 2-4 (t-4th) Jerry Baldwin
    2002 3-9 2-4 (t-4th) Rickey Bustle
    2003 4-8 4-3 (t-2nd) Rickey Bustle
    2004 4-7 2-5 (t-7th) Rickey Bustle
    2005 6-5 5-2 (t-1st) Rickey Bustle
    2006 6-6 3-4 (t-5th) Rickey Bustle
    2007 3-9 3-4 (t-5th) Rickey Bustle

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Please tell me you are joking. _

Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Firing coaches does not make your team better. Ask TAMU & Nebraska. When you fire a coach, you are saying we are going in a different direction. At 6-6 is is quite possible that new direction will be more losses. I am not dead set against firing Bustle, but you have to have a plan if you do. We do not. _
    Or the money.

The calls for firing Bustle on here are total BS because of that. If these posters have the money to ante up to pay him off and the new coach as well then show it to us. Furthermore, if we ever go after a new coach and we don't go after at least a middle rung level CUSA type coach then it's even deeper BS.

Stokely had 7 winning seasons in 13 years. Which seasons were those?

Brian Mitchell years
    86 - 6-5
    87 - 6-5
    88 - 6-5
    89 - 7-4
    Total - 25-19

Delhomme years
    93 - 8-3
    94 - 6-5
    95 - 6-5
    96 - 5-6 Beat A&M
    Total - 25-19

How did Stokely do without a marquee quarterback
    90 - 5-6
    91 - 2-8-1
    92 - 2-9
    97 - 1-10
    98 - 2-9
    Total - 12-42-1

Now we have the answer. We don't need a new coach. We just need to find another needle in the haystack.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    _ Stokely had 7 winning seasons in 13 years. Which seasons were those?

Brian Mitchell years
    86 - 6-5
    87 - 6-5
    88 - 6-5
    89 - 7-4
    Total - 25-19

Delhomme years
    93 - 8-3
    94 - 6-5
    95 - 6-5
    96 - 5-6 Beat A&M
    Total - 25-19

90 - 5-6
    91 - 2-8-1
    92 - 2-9
    97 - 1-10
    98 - 2-9
    Total - 12-42-1

Now we have the answer. We don't need a new coach. We just need to find another needle in the haystack. _
    Interesting that even in the "glory" years of Mitchell & Delhomme we only won 6 games in 5 of the 8 seasons. One season was a losing season. Only two seasons were very good, record-wise (7-4 & 8-3). Even those records weren't exceptional on a bigger scale. Like others have said, I don't think it is necessarily the coach, but our athletic department & university admin. that has been/is the major problem. I know there have been some major changes in the past couple of years (in particular Savoie & Farmer), but is it enough? In my opinion, we are starting to make some progress. But major disappointments like yesterday, the 2 basketball programs so far this year, etc. cloud the situation. It is hard to tell if the motion we do see is us moving forward or others passing us by. I'd like to think we are laying the foundation for future success, but it often doesn't feel that way. BTW, I DO hope we find another "needle"! We've gotten a few over the years, but need more.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    _ Stokely had 7 winning seasons in 13 years. Which seasons were those?

Brian Mitchell years
    86 - 6-5
    87 - 6-5
    88 - 6-5
    89 - 7-4
    Total - 25-19

Delhomme years
    93 - 8-3
    94 - 6-5
    95 - 6-5
    96 - 5-6 Beat A&M
    Total - 25-19

90 - 5-6
    91 - 2-8-1
    92 - 2-9
    97 - 1-10
    98 - 2-9
    Total - 12-42-1

Now we have the answer. We don't need a new coach. We just need to find another needle in the haystack. _
    Those last years were problematic for more than not having a marquee QB. Stokley took on the AD role, had a thousand distractions, and that didn't work out with he and Dr. A. in any way, shape or form. Stokley was ready for Dr. A to let lose with our potential once he established a pretty good program. Dr. A would not loosen the leash.

But, in reality, we are always hunting for all those needles in the haystacks. The issue is. so is everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _But, in reality, we are always hunting for all those needles in the haystacks. The issue is. so is everyone else. _
    I was actually just kidding about not needing a new coach. As for the needle, I agree that we are and should be looking for them.

I have not been fond of Bustle since his hiring. My main problem with him is that he is not consistent. I understand the massive amount of injuries hurt us this year and I think we would be bowling without them, guaranteeing Bustle another year or more. My issue is how we can play so well against ASU and Mid Tenn and then lay eggs against FAU and Troy. Coaching is what keeps you competitive when injuries happen. If we had at least been competitive against FAU and Troy, then we could at least hope that Bustle had finally recruited some talent and caught up with the rest of the world. But it is those performances that have me seriously worried about next year. I think he needs to go.

And for the record, I have a long memory, and I have never jumped on the Bustle bandwagon after a couple of victories. I didn't think he was the right hire after his first couple of years, even though we were showing improvement. I just don't think he is the guy. Better to let him go now and go find the guy. But like J1M always says, we need a massive private funding effort or we are spinning our wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Interesting that even in the "glory" years of Mitchell & Delhomme we only won 6 games in 5 of the 8 seasons. One season was a losing season. Only two seasons were very good, record-wise (7-4 & 8-3). Even those records weren't exceptional on a bigger scale. Like others have said, I don't think it is necessarily the coach, but our athletic department & university admin. that has been/is the major problem. I know there have been some major changes in the past couple of years (in particular Savoie & Farmer), but is it enough? In my opinion, we are starting to make some progress. But major disappointments like yesterday, the 2 basketball programs so far this year, etc. cloud the situation. It is hard to tell if the motion we do see is us moving forward or others passing us by. I'd like to think we are laying the foundation for future success, but it often doesn't feel that way. BTW, I DO hope we find another "needle"! We've gotten a few over the years, but need more. _

I think this is a great point. For all those haters out there, you can't exclude the 2007 baseball team and their failure to live up to high expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I think this is a great point. For all those haters out there, you can't exclude the 2007 baseball team and their failure to live up to high expectations. _
    Robe has shown that he can win and does it pretty consistently.if Robe would have more seasons like last year, in which expectations were not met I believe you would hear a few people call for new blood.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I think this is a great point. For all those haters out there, you can't exclude the 2007 baseball team and their failure to live up to high expectations. _
    I don't know where you were back in April, May, and June, or maybe you just don't remember, but there were a lot of criticisms of the baseball program and its underachievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Those last years were problematic for more than not having a marquee QB. Stokley took on the AD role, had a thousand distractions, and that didn't work out with he and Dr. A. in any way, shape or form. Stokley was ready for Dr. A to let lose with our potential once he established a pretty good program. Dr. A would not loosen the leash.
    Maybe it's because of all of the above but after 1996 we were really short on HOSSESS. Recruiting went in the toilet and it's hard to win with the schedules Stokley played without the hossess.

Thread Information