Page 215 of 222 FirstFirst . 205 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 . LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Question for the Bustle haters

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ WOW! I guess we really can't afford anything. When will it be then. 7 years of Bustle and still no bowl. Will it be 10 more, 20 more? We as fans have to expect more. That is one of the roots of the problem. _
    Any other coaches here for 7 years or longer with no bowl appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ At the end of his contract, it is stated that if he has a non-losing season like this one, he gets a one year extension. If he wins a conference championship, he gets a two year extension. _
    Please tell me you are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    _ He may be turning the corner, who knows??? Whether theres a big pile of crap waiting to be stepped in or sunshine, I know i don't know and you don't either. But being bowl eligible 3 out of the last 4 years is a pretty good start, wouldn't you agree?? Hopefully we will exceed your expectations next year just like we did this year. _
    WOW.bowl eligible 3 out of 4 years. What are we doing in the FBS (1-A) if the best we are hoping for is bowl eligible. The expectations were raised in 2005 when we got eligible, now 6-6 is disappointing. If we as fans keep excepting this as a good season then we will continue to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Any other coaches here for 7 years or longer with no bowl appearances? _
    Nelson Stokley coached here for 13 years and we made no bowl appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Nelson Stokley coached here for 13 years and we made no bowl appearances. _
    There was also not 68 bowl tie-ins during his tenure.

I don't know Coach Bustle and won't pretend to, but I have talked to people who do and he seems to be a very good person with a big heart who genuinely cares for his players and this University. From a coaching standpoint, I just don't think he has what it takes to get us to the "next level". The excuse this year is injuries. While on the outside, it appears to be a legitimate excuse based on the volume of injuries we had this year, it is not acceptable. Somehow we were able to beat A State and Middle with all of the injuries, but we were embarrassed by FAU, Troy and UTEP. I was at the Middle game and saw the offense open up the playbook, and the team had success. Why did it take until the last game to do this? This is just one example of many over the last few years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Troy lose their starting QB to a season ending injury?

This year we are losing some of the most talended athletes that this program has ever had. Assuming that we go 6-6 next year what will the excuse be, that we are young?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ I don't know Coach Bustle and won't pretend to, but I have talked to people who do and he seems to be a very good person with a big heart who genuinely cares for his players and this University. From a coaching standpoint, I just don't think he has what it takes to get us to the "next level". The excuse this year is injuries. While on the outside, it appears to be a legitimate excuse based on the volume of injuries we had this year, it is not acceptable. Somehow we were able to beat A State and Middle with all of the injuries, but we were embarrassed by FAU, Troy and UTEP. I was at the Middle game and saw the offense open up the playbook, and the team had success. Why did it take until the last game to do this? This is just one example of many over the last few years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Troy lose their starting QB to a season ending injury?

This year we are losing some of the most talended athletes that this program has ever had. Assuming that we go 6-6 next year what will the excuse be, that we are young? _
    I don't think anyone is arguing that Bustle is a good guy. I like him and believe he was the right guy to get UL out of the hole Baldwin left. However like you said I don't think he is the right guy to get us to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I don't think anyone is arguing that Bustle is a good guy. I like him and believe he was the right guy to get UL out of the hole Baldwin left. However like you said I don't think he is the right guy to get us to the next level. _

I feel badly for him because he does seem to be a really good guy. I know I wanted him to succeed just as everybody associated with the University did, and on some levels he has, but it is time.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Assuming that we go 6-6 next year what will the excuse be, that we are young? _
    We are in the exact same place we were last year, only with 3 more wins, and 3 times as much frustration.

If I was David Walker, I would write this on a piece of paper:

"At least 7-5 or gone"

Fold it up, put it in a lockbox, and open it in December 2009. Read it, and execute it's message.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ There was also not 68 bowl tie-ins during his tenure. _
    Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    Nelson Stokley coached here for 13 years and we made no bowl appearances.
    Lets talk about both of these. There were not 68 team bowl tie ins and being that the Sun Belt is relatively young and has mid major teams. how many primary tie ins does it have? I love the arm chair ADs on this message board.

Stokley coached for 13 years. what was his best season?

11. Default Re: Question for the Bustle haters

Stokley coached for 13 years. what was his best season?
    8-3 with a freshman QB

Stokely had 7 winning seasons out of 13.

2 conference co-championships out of the 3 years we were in the BIG WEST

He did all of this with people on our side trying to block him at every turn. No recruiting money. No facility improvements. No conference affiliation for 10 of those years.

He is not alone Before him?

Robertson---3 winning seasons out of 6

Tammeriello--3 winning seasons out of 6

Faulkinberry--6 winning seasons out of 13

From 1961-1996, that's 36 years, this program averaged a winning season every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Stokely had 7 winning seasons out of 13.

2 conference co-championships out of the 3 years we were in the BIG WEST

He did all of this with people on our side trying to block him at every turn. No recruiting money. No facility improvements. No conference affiliation for 10 of those years.

He is not alone Before him?

Robertson---3 winning seasons out of 6

Tammeriello--3 winning seasons out of 6

Faulkinberry--6 winning seasons out of 13

From 1961-1996, that's 36 years, this program averaged a winning season every other year.
    . _

I know all of that as well as the next guy. Go back and reread the question.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    96-97 5-6 (3-1 at home)
    97-98 1-10 (0-6 at home)
    98-99 2-11 (2-2 at home)
    99-00 2-9 (2-3 at home)

should I keep going?

_ 96-97 5-6 (3-1 at home)
    97-98 1-10 (0-6 at home)
    98-99 2-11 (2-2 at home)
    99-00 2-9 (2-3 at home)

should I keep going? _
    Bustle did not get here until the '01 season so I think you should keep going.

Thread Information