Page 214 of 222 FirstFirst . 204 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 . LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Question for the Bustle haters

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I guess I'm pro-Bustle B/c I don't want him fired. With our history a 6-6 record is not a fireable offense.
    I am not getting into the fire Bustle debate right now because everyone knows I want him gone but I have a problem with this way of thinking. You can't let your past dictate your future. If we ever want to be some more than average we have to all stop thinking like.well we were worse under Baldwin! Who cares if we are better now, are better still isn't good! I guess I'll be one of the few who wants more and expects more than 6-6!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ Come on! We have been saying that for how long now. Its always next year. _
    Until fans demand more UL will never change. The time is NOW, WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE SO SCARED OF.

_ None of us know how many games we will win next year. I guess I'm pro-Bustle B/c I don't want him fired. With our history a 6-6 record is not a fireable offense. Today hurts, but our University has much bigger problems than Bustle. _
    This mindset is the whole problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ This mindset is the whole problem. _
    Firing coaches does not make your team better. Ask TAMU & Nebraska. When you fire a coach, you are saying we are going in a different direction. At 6-6 is is quite possible that new direction will be more losses. I am not dead set against firing Bustle, but you have to have a plan if you do. We do not.

_ Firing coaches does not make your team better. Ask TAMU & Nebraska. When you fire a coach, you are saying we are going in a different direction. At 6-6 is is quite possible that new direction will be more losses. I am not dead set against firing Bustle, but you have to have a plan if you do. We do not. _
    We are NOT a TAMU, Nebraska, even a USM

Whoever wrote, "no one was calling for Bustle's head yesterday.", you are right, it was one or two days in the past 3-4 years I did not write it. Nevertheless, I still believed it.

Again:
    1. Savoy must decide whether "football is indeed important"? (ask the univ pres's of Boise State, Utah, Fresno, Tulsa, etc what happended to alumni contributions have done in the past 5 years and you will be utterly SHOCKED!)

2. If the answer is "yes" he needs to find money to hire a good mid major coach for about 500K (yes I will contribute to the athletic foundationIF we ever get one.)

3. That coach must HUSTLE recruits like NO tomorrow. MUST START NOW!!

ONLY then will we get 7-8 wins (and maybe more).

Bustle is NOT the man to get us to the next level. PERIOD.

We can do it now or in a year or two years but he WILL be releasedbecause he will not do any better than this year (for crying out loud, he had the best offense in over 20 YEARS!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    _ We are NOT a TAMU, Nebraska, even a USM

Whoever wrote, "no one was calling for Bustle's head yesterday.", you are right, it was one or two days in the past 3-4 years I did not write it. Nevertheless, I still believed it.

Again:
    1. Savoy must decide whether "football is indeed important"? (ask the univ pres's of Boise State, Utah, Fresno, Tulsa, etc what happended to alumni contributions have done in the past 5 years and you will be utterly SHOCKED!)

2. If the answer is "yes" he needs to find money to hire a good mid major coach for about 500K (yes I will contribute to the athletic foundationIF we ever get one.)

3. That coach must HUSTLE recruits like NO tomorrow. MUST START NOW!!

ONLY then will we get 7-8 wins (and maybe more).

Bustle is NOT the man to get us to the next level. PERIOD.

We can do it now or in a year or two years but he WILL be releasedbecause he will not do any better than this year (for crying out loud, he had the best offense in over 20 YEARS!!!) _
    Agree with a lot you said. I just hate this fire the coach stuff. Firing coaches does not make you better. We need an athletic dept reorg before we try to hire another coach.

_ Agree with a lot you said. I just hate this fire the coach stuff. Firing coaches does not make you better. We need an athletic dept reorg before we try to hire another coach. _
    I agree totally, our AD is a bigger joke than Bustle and Lee put together.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Like the bottom of my post has been reading all year long. I stick by it.
    BOWL or BUSTLE GOES.

I am sadden that it has come to this.

BUSTLE MUST GEAUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is not the answer. _

And how do you suppose we go about that? He IS under contract for the next 3 years and gets a 1 or 2 year incentive on top of that with a non-losing record or conference championship. How do you suppose we go about and buy him out and then spend the "real" money for a good coach. It doesn't make sense. The university's hands are tied because of the unwarranted extension they gave him a couple of years ago. To talk of this is stupid because it can't happen. At least not right now.

Can someone explain this guy’s never ending contract? Please tell me there wasn't language in his contract for a year extension for a non-losing record? We are a joke if that is true.

_ Can someone explain this guy’s never ending contract? Please tell me there wasn't language in his contract for a year extension for a non-losing record? We are a joke if that is true. _

At the end of his contract, it is stated that if he has a non-losing season like this one, he gets a one year extension. If he wins a conference championship, he gets a two year extension.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ At the end of his contract, it is stated that if he has a non-losing season like this one, he gets a one year extension. If he wins a conference championship, he gets a two year extension. _
    WOW, same legal advice as Baldwin lawsuit?

_ We are going to win 3-5 games next year, should we start the building of a program now or at the end of next year? Notice I didn't say rebuilding, we haven't been in a bowl game since I've been alive. Now is the time; if not, we will average less than 15,000 next year. My question is for the pro Bustle people, why should he stay? Is he about to turn the corner? _
    He may be turning the corner, who knows??? Whether theres a big pile of crap waiting to be stepped in or sunshine, I know i don't know and you don't either. But being bowl eligible 3 out of the last 4 years is a pretty good start, wouldn't you agree?? Hopefully we will exceed your expectations next year just like we did this year.

_ And how do you suppose we go about that? He IS under contract for the next 3 years and gets a 1 or 2 year incentive on top of that with a non-losing record or conference championship. How do you suppose we go about and buy him out and then spend the "real" money for a good coach. It doesn't make sense. The university's hands are tied because of the unwarranted extension they gave him a couple of years ago. To talk of this is stupid because it can't happen. At least not right now. _
    WOW! I guess we really can't afford anything. When will it be then. 7 years of Bustle and still no bowl. Will it be 10 more, 20 more? We as fans have to expect more. That is one of the roots of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    _ He may be turning the corner, who knows??? Whether theres a big pile of crap waiting to be stepped in or sunshine, I know i don't know and you don't either. But being bowl eligible 3 out of the last 4 years is a pretty good start, wouldn't you agree?? Hopefully we will exceed your expectations next year just like we did this year. _
    No I don't agree, He's had seven years and can't get us to a bowl. We are national bottom dwellers; he should have been fired the second after he lost to McNeese. The attitude you have is the same as our administration; wait a second, are you David Walker?

_ At the end of his contract, it is stated that if he has a non-losing season like this one, he gets a one year extension. If he wins a conference championship, he gets a two year extension. _
    So when is it over

Thread Information