Page 211 of 222 FirstFirst . 201 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 221 . LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Fenroy, Underdog Award - VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ To all my fellow Cajuns, we did are part, getting Tyrell from 22% and 2nd place to 41% and 1st place, 7% over second place.

Now it is in Nationalchamps.net hands.

Check the site out tomorrow to see if we get to vote on the finalist. Will be three and I bet, if we can vote, we'll need every vote we can get.

I'm sure that he would thank us, especially if he knew what we did. I thank you for supporting UL thru supporting Tyrell.

GEAUX CAJUNS _
    I agree with CajunCharlie. you got me to vote. and it made me get my dad to vote. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I agree with CajunCharlie. you got me to vote. and it made me get my dad to vote. Good job! _
    Me too!

3. Default Re: Fenroy, Underdog Award - VOTE

that damn Dragon did really well for the Cajuns go to suspects on scout and tell us about the East Coast kid we have offered!!!thanks Trig---

Gerald:

Not going to change this tread, but will answer your question.

Dunbar is a Catholic school in heart of Baltimore noted for its basketball players.

Dunbar was !A state champs last year, undefeated, saw state game when son I went to other state game to see a QB and WR I was trying to get UL interested in. Dunbar had top notch RB and LB as seniors then.

About recruiting at Dunbar. When I was at UL a few times in 07, suggested to Rickey that he talk to Mo Barksdale about players at his old high school. Also mentioned to Mo when I saw him.

Possible Horace is related to Barksdale or friend of family. Kid is good, believe he is leading the defense with 20 sacks. Won the Nike combine during summer. 20-meter 2.67 and vertical leap of 39.7-inches.

Know UNLV making a strong play, possible Maryland also.

Is that enough?

Trig

http://nationalchamps.net/2008/sub/u./finalists.htm

Doesnt look like our votes counted for much, he gets the most votes from the public but not a finalist, something not right here

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMom53 View Post
    _ http://nationalchamps.net/2008/sub/u./finalists.htm

Doesnt look like our votes counted for much, he gets the most votes from the public but not a finalist, something not right here _
    3 game losing streak + a few lackluster running efforts probably cost him. Notice all the finalists are on teams that are having breakout seasons.

Regardless, I'm picking up Tyrell in the 16th round of my fantasy draft!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ 3 game losing streak + a few lackluster running efforts probably cost him. Notice all the finalists are on teams that are having breakout seasons.

Regardless, I'm picking up Tyrell in the 16th round of my fantasy draft!! _
    That's disappointing. I think he deserves to be in the finalists, but your points are well taken. He has kind of tailed off a bit over the last several games as teams have keyed on stopping him and our offense has scaled down the playbook. That is too bad for Tyrell and for the Ragin' Cajun program.

Also, I noticed that in Ball State's 12-0 record, they were held under 30 points only once. That was against the SBC's Western Ky, who held the potent Cardinal attack to 24 points.

9. UL Football Surprise Announcement: Defense Saves Season

The stats aren't misleading. Middle Tennessee became the fourth straight team to run up more than 400 yards of total offense on the UL defense.

But there was one difference between losses the three previous games against UTEP (37-24), Florida Atlantic (40-29) and Troy (48-3) on Wednesday night against the Blue Raiders. This time, with possible history hanging in the balance for the program, the Cajun defense finished.

"We knew it was on us," said strong safety Derik Keyes following the 42-28 victory at Cajun Field that kept UL (6-6) alive for its first bowl berth in 38 years. "It was a shootout for three quarters, but then we got some things done and took control.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist • bheist@theadvertiser.com • December 4, 2008

10. UL Football Desormeaux displays his warrior spirit

The brace and tape on his left knee are reminders of what Michael Desormeaux could be.

And that's OK. Every Superman has his kryptonite.

But following Wednesday night's 42-28 win over Middle Tennessee at Cajun Field, we were reminded of what the kid from New Iberia is:

A winner.

A warrior.

"Awesome. He's just awesome," UL linebacker Daylon McCoy said following the remarkable performance by the country's most dangerous one-legged quarterback. "I'm proud to be a teammate of that guy. Tonight you saw what he's all about."

The rest of the story

Bob Heist • bheist@theadvertiser.com • December 4, 2008

Default Re: Surprise Announcement: Defense Saves Season

Our old bugaboo (turnovers at the worst possible times) finally bit someone else in the glutes.

Default Question for the Bustle haters

So he won his biggest game last night as a cajun head coach. would you support him IF the cajuns get a bowl bid and IF the cajuns get a win in the bowl.

that'd give him a 2 year extension right?

Default Re: Question for the Bustle haters

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ So he won his biggest game last night as a cajun head coach. would you support him IF the cajuns get a bowl bid and IF the cajuns get a win in the bowl.

that'd give him a 2 year extension right? _
    I think his contract should be restructured. I believe he should be rewarded with a bonus instead of an extension. He is here for the remainder of his contract as he should be.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I think his contract should be restructured. I believe he should be rewarded with a bonus instead of an extension. He is here for the remainder of his contract as he should be. _
    What he said.

And yes, I'd support him.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ So he won his biggest game last night as a cajun head coach. would you support him IF the cajuns get a bowl bid and IF the cajuns get a win in the bowl.

that'd give him a 2 year extension right? _
    If I am not mistaken, he would get a 1 year extension for going to a bowl game. A bowl win does not get him anything. A conference championship would get him another year. (could be wrong, Jay might have to fill us in).

I am not sure that was the biggest game last night. It was a game to get us win #6 in our 12th game. Is it really that big considering what could have been this year?

Thread Information