Page 209 of 222 FirstFirst . 199 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 219 . LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Bustle, Desormeaux still optimistic

i must agree that this "situation" that we are in is not a great one at all. yes, it is nice to think that there are still some bowl hopes still alive, but at the same time its not "great." we HAD a great situation a few weeks ago when we were the team to beat, when we were running the tables against other teams. now that great situation is lost due to the past couple of games. yes, there are multiple injuries but you can't blame that on everything. fenroy is hurt which could put a damper on his performance but come on, its a shoulder bruise, not a sprained ankle or an injury that would affect his running ability. the downfall of this season can be seen in the last game at Troy where fenroy was given the ball countless times but their defense stopped him time after time. this falls on the coaching staff i must say. i can understand giving him the ball since he is a amazing player, but after getting stopped everytime, i think it would be time to maybe change up the game plan.

dont get me wrong, i hope and hope and hope we make it to a bowl but at the same time i wouldnt want to go to a bowl game and get embarassed on a national stage. up till a few weeks ago, this season was amazing for the program, UL athletics, UL as a school, and the city of Lafayette.

Are you kidding me, that is exactly why we just lost 3 games in a row. He says the "Coaches are not hard on the players after the whoopping by Troy", what are you kidding.

Should have lit a fire under their ____ after getting smoked by UTEP. Should have lit a fire under their ____ after getting smoked by FAU. Should have lit a fire under their ____ after getting smoked by Troy, but not our leader, he's says were right where the coaching staff wants us to be. With an attitude like that, guess what coaches, another "L" is in the books for Dec. 3, what joke, the AD should have his head on a platter for those types of comments.

2 steps forward, 3 steps backward, what a joke this has become!

usl alum93

i totally agree
    i totally agree

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Problems with Coach's statements come down to everyone's personal preferred coaching "style."

Bustle's style is not to yell and scream and get angry to the media. He never has. To some, this comes across as not caring. Admittedly, even I've thought he's "acted" too complacent.

But the fact is, it's just not his style. He is a glass half full type of guy. Here we are staring a monumental collapse in the face, and he's talking about how great it is that our last game counts. Naturally, this angers people because it seems he's ignoring a huge problem.

One one hand he could be extremely critical and rail on how terrible we've been. On the other hand he could do what he did, which is focus ONLY on the positive.

My advice to coach would be to find a happy medium. If for no other reason than to seem more aware of our HUGE problem.

But who am I kidding, when you're on a 3 game slide after being red-hot, there's not much that Coach Bustle could say that would make things better. He can only do one thing: Beat MT.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

One could argue that Bustle's positive attitude is the only reason he's survived here so long, yknow?

Not saying it's right or it's good, just noting that eternal optimism and cajun football go hand in hand.

Louisiana Re: Bustle, Desormeaux still optimistic

Bustle being positive about our last home game of the season will help put "more butts in the seats" than dwelling on our recent poor performances.

UL Football Re: Bustle, Desormeaux still optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Problems with Coach's statements come down to everyone's personal preferred coaching "style."

Bustle's style is not to yell and scream and get angry to the media. He never has. To some, this comes across as not caring. Admittedly, even I've thought he's "acted" too complacent.

But the fact is, it's just not his style. He is a glass half full type of guy. Here we are staring a monumental collapse in the face, and he's talking about how great it is that our last game counts. Naturally, this angers people because it seems he's ignoring a huge problem.

One one hand he could be extremely critical and rail on how terrible we've been. On the other hand he could do what he did, which is focus ONLY on the positive.

My advice to coach would be to find a happy medium. If for no other reason than to seem more aware of our HUGE problem.

But who am I kidding, when you're on a 3 game slide after being red-hot, there's not much that Coach Bustle could say that would make things better. He can only do one thing: Beat MT. _
    Ditto, Amen brother, just be positive, adapt and over come, seek and destroy, take no prisoners, win baby win, just give me 100% for 6 seconds your of every play your in on!!!

UL Football Fenroy, Underdog Award - VOTE

Nationalchamps.net 2nd Annual Underdog Award for best mid-majors player Tyrell is running 2nd with 22%. Go to site and VOTE for our All American, Tyrell Fenroy. Only have a couple days to do so.

Default Re: Fenroy, Underdog Award - VOTE

You can only vote once. Tyrell has now closed to QB from Houston. He has 43% with Tyrell up 5 to 27%.

Three finalist to be determined either 2nd or 3rd of Dec.

We need to get Tyrell to first before then.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Fenroy, Underdog Award - VOTE

just voted. fenroy up to 28%. looks like our campaign is working. everybody go to the site and vote. you can vote only once. get others to vote, too.

Yea Cajuns. Keep getting the word out and people to vote. Now at 30%.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ Yea Cajuns. Keep getting the word out and people to vote. Now at 30%.

GEAUX CAJUNS _
    Chuck, my vote pushed him to 31%.

Good luck to him and your Cajuns Wednesday!

Louisiana Re: Fenroy, Underdog Award - VOTE

Lonnie:

Thanks. You could get all your LSU friends to vote for him.

Keenum of Houston now at 40%, Fenroy 2nd at 32%

Lets GEAUX CAJUNS

Just voted. Geaux Cajuns!

Thread Information