Page 206 of 222 FirstFirst . 196 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 216 . LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

The success we had early at passing was solely due to the running game having already been established and the defense keying on trying to stop it. Des had some nice throws, mostly within 15-20 yard range, and the wideouts made great runs. NOW, we no longer can establish the run because we only have Fenroy running and they know it. The offensive engine you speak of is broken. We need either, someone who can run the ball at the QB position, to keep the defense guessing or we need to establish the passing game in order to lessen the pressure on Fenroy. Don't get me wrong, I like Des and his strong leadership skills. But, the scene has changed with injuries and we need to change with it. No player deserves to play, if it hurts the team as a whole. Sorry, but that will just send us spiraling down, just like the stock market.

I think this team has a lot of heart and will come out fighting. Let's hit Troy in the mouth, and not let up!

2. Default Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ The success we had early at passing was solely due to the running game having already been established and the defense keying on trying to stop it. Des had some nice throws, mostly within 15-20 yard range, and the wideouts made great runs. NOW, we no longer can establish the run because we only have Fenroy running and they know it. The offensive engine you speak of is broken. We need either, someone who can run the ball at the QB position, to keep the defense guessing or we need to establish the passing game in order to lessen the pressure on Fenroy. Don't get me wrong, I like Des and his strong leadership skills. But, the scene has changed with injuries and we need to change with it. No player deserves to play, if it hurts the team as a whole. Sorry, but that will just send us spiraling down, just like the stock market.

I think this team has a lot of heart and will come out fighting. Let's hit Troy in the mouth, and not let up! _
    You're point is well taken. There's nothing I can really argue against. I still think the passing game has taken hits because of nagging injuries, and poor playing calling at key moments. Granted, defenses have been able to key on Fenroy, and the ground game did alot to set up the pass, but vertically we are limited because of the extra gear that has been taken away from Chery and the absence of Smith, and the shuffling up guards and tackles. JMO

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Thank goodness some of you are not the head coach. Not starting Des in this game would be a bad move and a slap in the face to a hard-nosed QB that has given his all for this program. I am not against Mcguire getting playing time, but Des is the reason we are even thinking about a bowl game. Let Des start and see how it goes. If he cannot get it done we all know he will pull himself out for the good of the team. _
    I hope that "thank goodness" includes you. I thank goodness that the coaches don't listen to any of us, including you.

MD should start if the coaches think that's our best chances of winning this game. But there is no way they leave it up to any player (only) to "pull themselves". The coaching staff better bring their pure football coaching skills with them to Troy and save any other BS for a Hallmark Christmas Card later this year.

But, I am forwarding this concept to our AD to see if that rock floats in his bathtub. "We should allow our coaches to stay on board until THEY decide they are not performing up to the job".

Louisiana Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

Excuse me, have we forgotten DEFENSE! ? Twenty eight points is enough to win a ball game! It's not the offense that is the problem, it's the D E F E N S E!

It's not the quarterback, it's the D E F E N S E, especially pass defense! Linebacker defense. IT's the D E F E N S E ,,,, nothing more D E F E N S E.

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    _ Excuse me, have we forgotten DEFENSE! ? Twenty eight points is enough to win a ball game! It's not the offense that is the problem, it's the D E F E N S E!

It's not the quarterback, it's the D E F E N S E, especially pass defense! Linebacker defense. IT's the D E F E N S E ,,,, nothing more D E F E N S E. _
    Of course we need the Defense to play better, and that is a good point. But if you are talking about the last game (29 points), 22 points were scored in the last qtr, after we were already out of the game. The lack of offense and turnovers is what gave the ball back to Troy, and they took advantage of that by scoring, leaving us with trying to catch up. Oh, and that is definately not our strength. We need to control the game with our offense to have a chance and I guess that is where we differ some on how best to do that. I can't wait for the day, when the defense is strong enough depend on game in game out. Actually, on that point, strong defense is where most games are won, in my opinion, and strong offenses are fun to watch. Geaux UL!

Default Re: 5 defensive backs?

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    .we were the better team Saturday night.
    Not to dispute what you say, but I thought the score determined the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ If you noticed, Des' status is PROBABLE, which means he will PROBABLY start. _
    Call me crazy. Actually I've been called a lot worse on this board but I have a very good feeling about this game. When we beat Troy at their house we will prove that we are bowl eligible!

8. Default Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

As they leave tomorrow----can somebody list our 2 deep depth chart???

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I hope that "thank goodness" includes you. I thank goodness that the coaches don't listen to any of us, including you.

MD should start if the coaches think that's our best chances of winning this game. But there is no way they leave it up to any player (only) to "pull themselves". The coaching staff better bring their pure football coaching skills with them to Troy and save any other BS for a Hallmark Christmas Card later this year.

But, I am forwarding this concept to our AD to see if that rock floats in his bathtub. "We should allow our coaches to stay on board until THEY decide they are not performing up to the job". _
    I wouldn't listen to me either. If I was coach I would have Chery as a DB!

This issue of sitting Des is silly. He is the leader of the team. What kind of message would Bustle send if he said pregame " we are going to bench our captain and go with our QB of the future for the most important game in the history of the program. Lets all get behind McGuire and thank Des for his 4 years of service." If that did happen I would be embarrassed to be a Cajun fan. Also, I would bet money this would not go over real well with the players and recruits.

Des is hurt, but he is not a cripple. He can probably still outrun most of his teammates. Let him start and see how it goes. If he is hurting the team, I have no doubt in my mind we will see McGuire.
    As for my comment about Des pulling himself. I said that based on what was said at the QB club meeting. I know Des would do anything to win this next game.even bench himself.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    _ Cajuns have practiced all this week with a 4-2-5 and a 3-3-5 with one of the de's moving to the mlb slot. _
    DEs moving to the LB spot is crazy. Those guys are on the line for a reason. In the game against UTEP, there were zone coverages where our DEs dropped back into zone and they got eaten up every time.

Just my opinion but I hate seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    _ they may have put more DB's in there, but LSU didn't do anything to stop our passing game. It was Troy's receivers dropping 13 passes that killed our passing game. Troy screwed itself, we were the better team Saturday night. _
    I think it had more to do with state's 2nd half adjustment of bumping the receivers at the line to throw off the timing.

But yes, you blew it by failing to just run the ball after that first second half drive.

Didn't you have an 11 second drive? Seriously?

12. UL Football Opponent VIew: Time to cage the rage

Troy’s battle for the top spot in the Sun Belt begins tomorrow night against the University of Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.

The Ragin’ Cajuns and the Trojans are tied atop the Belt standings with a 4-1 record in conference play. This game will ultimately decide who will go to the New Orleans Bowl.

Troy starting wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan is ready for the challenge.

“We can still get that outright conference championship with a win Saturday,” Jernigan said.

The rest of the story

By Matt Nascone (Contact) | Troy Messenger

13. UL Football Jenkins UL’s spy for blocking kicks

UL — Louisiana's special teams coordinator Brian Jenkins has become a special teams detective, always searching for a fatal flaw in an opponent’s kicking game.

That means looking for ways to block extra points and field goals, which according to Jenkins’ standards, has been overdue for the University of Louisiana this season.

All that changed when the Cajuns blocked the first two extra-point attempts by Florida Atlantic in a 40-29 loss.

Those blocks by Garren Blount and Nate Douglas were the 34th since head coach Rickey Bustle became ULL’s head coach in 2002.

The Cajuns, however, had not blocked a kick since Nov. 24 of last year when Blount blocked a ULM field-goal attempt.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

14. Default Re: Battleship down: Cajuns' offense hasn't been the same since Desormeaux suffe

wow, i am so sorry for Desormeaux, he is an outstanding football player. i hope this won't affect his draft status. best wishes, and i'll remember him in my prayers tonight.

15. Default Re: Five questions for defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier

i'll be honest, your defense is going to have its hands full. our offense is the best in the conference and we aren't used to being slowed down. Jerrell Jernigan (#3) is going to be an all-pro one day. he was a freshman last year, this season he has really taken the next step in his play. also, watch out for Kenard Burton (#9). he compliments Jernigan well, giving Levi a second option when defenses concentrate on Jerrell. Mykel Terry (#81) is the third man to be weary of. he is our deep threat. short but fast with great hands, he has getting behind secondaries all year. then there's DuJuan Harris (#32). Harris won two gold medals in national highschool track. he has blazing speed and is strong enough to truck a linebacker if needed. he has been the driving force in our running game and could start at any SEC school.

just some info on our offense. i know your offense is quite the juggernaut as well, so i think this is going to be a high-scoring game.

enjoy your trip to TROY. if you're looking for a good place to eat before or after the game, i'd reccommend either The Locker Room of Buffalo Jack's. both are on 231 so they're easy to find.

God Bless,
    TDC

Thread Information