Page 205 of 222 FirstFirst . 195 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 215 . LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Five questions for defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier

Five questions for defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier.

Q: How has practice gone this week?
    Fouquier
    : "We’ve had a lot of extra scout team periods this week and I think we’re better focused. We’ve been teaching a lot this week as well. We have a few new starters on defense but they are responding fine.”

Q: How tough has it been to play so many different players at linebacker?
    Fouquier
    : "When one guy’s gone down we’ve had no choice but bring the next one in to play. It’s opened another opportunity for somebody else. We have to play with the cards that are dealt and the players are doing a good job.”

Q: Is there any extra pressure this week because of what’s at stake?
    Fouquier
    : "It’s a big week for us. Not many thought we’d be where we are right now. It’s a tribute to our players with the way they’ve played. Saturday is a ring game. The winner gets a ring.”

Q: What are some things that Troy does well offensively?
    Fouquier
    : "They have a very good offense with a lot of skill kids. They have some of the best players in the conference at quarterback, tail back and wide receiver. Their back is very fast and we are going to have to do a good job on wrapping up our tackles. They will get some yards, but we can’t allow those extra yards after contact.”

Q: Does team unity continue to be the driving force of the Cajuns?
    Fouquier
    : “Yes. We’ve been responding to obstacles all year and our leaders have kept us together. We are very close as a team.”

RaginCajuns.com

2. UL Football Battleship down: Cajuns' offense hasn't been the same since Desormeaux suffered

In a cool Texas night about six weeks ago, Mike Desormeaux saw his senior season completely change with one step. UL's starting quarterback came up limping after a handoff early in the fourth quarter of a 59-30 win over North Texas on Oct. 11. No one even touched him on the play.

Cajun fans stormed Fonts Field after watching their team establish the program's modern-day scoring record and improve to 3-3 overall and 2-0 in the Sun Belt Conference. While signing autographs and conducting media interviews, Desormeaux did his best to block out the throbbing pain in his right knee.

After limping to the locker room, Desormeaux got the diagnosis: He had a sprained knee and a torn meniscus.

The rest of the story

Josh Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 20, 2008

Default Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Don't see Brad Maguire's name on that list. That's a good thing. I hope it means he is close to 100%.

I for one would like to see Brad Mcguire in as QB. He is our QB of the future. We have to put trust in him to bring us to victory. Des is hurt and it shows in his play.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ I for one would like to see Brad Mcguire in as QB. He is our QB of the future. We have to put trust in him to bring us to victory. Des is hurt and it shows in his play. _
    I agree, Des was obviously the Keystone to our running game. As soon as he went down and was not able to run, this offense has been lackluster to say the least. We've had to play from behind which forces Des to throw a lot more and the result is a sense of urgency and multiple turnovers. If McG is the more healthy QB, then play him, I know Des wants to play, I know we all want Des to play, but if we can't move the ball with him under center then we need to give the ball to somebody who can.

And if McG does play. Will they at least let him rocket a ball down field once. I've heard so many different people brag on this kids arm and I've never seen him throw anythign over 10 yards.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

If you noticed, Des' status is PROBABLE, which means he will PROBABLY start.

Des is our QB and even a little banged up the O did a good job of moving the ball last week at FAU against the best D in the conference, the turnovers are what killed us. Turning the ball over on downs in the red zone early didn't help, not a DES problem, bad coaching call with him in the shotgun on that one. Preserve the ball, pound with the Train, work on the clock, keep Troy from throwing 70+ times and we'll do o.k., D has to step up, did I say the D has to step up!!

PS - the D has to step up!!

Default Re: 5 defensive backs?

Cajuns have practiced all this week with a 4-2-5 and a 3-3-5 with one of the de's moving to the mlb slot.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post

And if McG does play. Will they at least let him rocket a ball down field once. I've heard so many different people brag on this kids arm and I've never seen him throw anythign over 10 yards. _
    Agree with you on that one!!!

Thank goodness some of you are not the head coach. Not starting Des in this game would be a bad move and a slap in the face to a hard-nosed QB that has given his all for this program. I am not against Mcguire getting playing time, but Des is the reason we are even thinking about a bowl game. Let Des start and see how it goes. If he cannot get it done we all know he will pull himself out for the good of the team.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Thank goodness some of you are not the head coach. Not starting Des in this game would be a bad move and a slap in the face to a hard-nosed QB that has given his all for this program. I am not against Mcguire getting playing time, but Des is the reason we are even thinking about a bowl game. Let Des start and see how it goes. If he cannot get it done we all know he will pull himself out for the good of the team. _

That's quite a list. Hopefully we can play a near perfect game at Troy and win despite this!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Thank goodness some of you are not the head coach. Not starting Des in this game would be a bad move and a slap in the face to a hard-nosed QB that has given his all for this program. I am not against Mcguire getting playing time, but Des is the reason we are even thinking about a bowl game. Let Des start and see how it goes. If he cannot get it done we all know he will pull himself out for the good of the team. _

Thank You!!

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! (jmo)

First of all, I don't think Des will pull himself out for the good of the team. He is a fantastic competitor, that is what makes him want to stay in and try even harder. Listen, he deserves many accolades for what he has done on the field and with his leadership, but that is so blind to allow a player, as great as he may be, especially at QB position to decide whether to stay in or not. This call must be made by the coaching staff for the best chance to win the game.

Secondly, Des's strength is running the ball. Period. He is hurting the team by forcing throws and causing turnovers. If he cannot run effectively, then we must put in someone that at least can pass the ball down field. We are too one dimensional. When healthy, Des is it, no doubt. But for best chance to win, we will need one of the other RS freshman to step up. I'm ok with Des starting and seeing how the game plays out, but the coaches should be well prepared to put in another QB, and not when the game is out of reach like last week. This is not a knock on Des. I cannot stand foolish decisions based on loyalty to the player (see Jim Haslett). This is about the TEAM winning the game, no matter who is playing.

15. Default Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! (jmo)

First of all, I don't think Des will pull himself out for the good of the team. He is a fantastic competitor, that is what makes him want to stay in and try even harder. Listen, he deserves many accolades for what he has done on the field and with his leadership, but that is so blind to allow a player, as great as he may be, especially at QB position to decide whether to stay in or not. This call must be made by the coaching staff for the best chance to win the game.

Secondly, Des's strength is running the ball. Period. He is hurting the team by forcing throws and causing turnovers. If he cannot run effectively, then we must put in someone that at least can pass the ball down field. We are too one dimensional. When healthy, Des is it, no doubt. But for best chance to win, we will need one of the other RS freshman to step up. I'm ok with Des starting and seeing how the game plays out, but the coaches should be well prepared to put in another QB, and not when the game is out of reach like last week. This is not a knock on Des. I cannot stand foolish decisions based on loyalty to the player (see Jim Haslett). This is about the TEAM winning the game, no matter who is playing. _
    Micheal had tons of success throwing the ball earlier in the season because of a few reasons. 1 - Derrick Smith was healthy and gave defenses another option to worry about. 2 - Jason Chery was full speed ahead, and stretched the field (which also helped the ground game) He is now hampered by a minor hammy injury. 3 - The line was 100% (mike as been under tremendous pressure when dropping back in the last few games)

You DO NOT sit you're leader, and offensive engine in the biggest game in our programs History in over a dozen years! If he can walk and is willing to fight with this team, you give him the nod. Period. There is no other option. First and foremost, he deserves it; and secondly, I'll take Des at 75% than most other QB's at 100%.

I think these guys have one more miracle left.

Thread Information