Page 202 of 222 FirstFirst . 192 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 212 . LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

We did that out of respect for your schools request Z and you still _____ about it. Some people are never happy

2. UL Football Fighting hard: Cajuns staying positive

With UL's football team mired in a two-game losing streak, wide receiver Jason Chery offered his solution to getting back on track. The senior plans on using the approach this week as the Cajuns travel to play at Troy on Saturday in a matchup of Sun Belt co-leaders.

The winner of the 6 p.m. showdown between UL (5-5 overall, 4-1 Sun Belt) and the Trojans (6-4, 4-1) will earn at least a share of the conference championship.

A win would make the Cajuns bowl eligible. The loser will likely see its Sun Belt title aspirations come to an end barring some help in the final week of the regular season.

If the Cajuns beat Troy this week and Middle Tennessee on Dec. 3, they will earn their first outright league title and bowl berth since 1970.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 18, 2008

3. UL Football Next Opponent: Painful loss to LSU lingers with Trojans

TROY -- Troy's collapse Saturday night at LSU kept biting the Trojans on their trip home.

As the team rolled back dejectedly toward campus, reminders of its agonizing 40-31 loss kept coming, ironically, in the form of congratulatory phone calls.

Some friends, satisfied that Troy's 31-3 third-quarter lead was enough, switched off the game. As midnight approached, they called players to offer their compliments, only to find out that LSU had rallied to win.

"Every time someone called, I had to relive it," offensive lineman Chris Jamison said. "Luckily, my phone battery ran out, so I could just sit and think about it.

The rest of the story

By A. Stacy Long • slong1@gannett.com • November 18, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    We did that out of respect for your schools request Z and you still _____ about it. Some people are never happy _
    Our scoreboard read "LaTech" instead of LaTex. We always respect our visiting opponents and fans unless they give reasons not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Old Reality Check is a pistol. He fancies himself an all knowing, all seeing mystery man, standing at the ready like all the other name policeat a moments notice, ready to pull out the UL system rule of law. In "reality" he's just a guy just like you and me. cept we are fans of "The University of Louisiana"
    Z
    LOL! Is he also the BBU Cowboy fan who was going to report us all to the Texas Attorney General's Office? I can visualize that complaint being filed.

"Hello General, there's a bunch of them there Ragin' Cajun fans calling themselves "UL" and "Louisiana". We here good ole boys want the quietus interuptness put all over this here unAmerican activity NOW. Come back to me, good buddy, 10-4."

"We're all over it, old buck. I'm a sendin' in the Rangers to clear' em out. Hold tight and I'll be back atcha."

Louisiana S-Club Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Sounds like an investiagtion for Sheriff Buford T. Justice.

"Would you get out of my way? I'm in hot pursuit."

7. Default Re: Troy: Time to Focus on the Cajuns

well ladies and gentlemen, the time has arrived. we blew a huge lead over LSU and embarressed ourselves a bit. I mean, yes, we embarressed the Tigers worse, but still.we should have won that game.

Now comes the match-up i've been fearing all year; Troy vs. Louisiana. I am in a wedding saturday, so i will have to listen to the game during the ceremony (oh yeah, it's that serious). Our Trojans are p*ssed to say the least, and looking for someone to take out all that aggression on. Your Cajuns are in the hunt for their first (?) title and hungry for a trip to New Orleans. This is going to be a clash of Sun Belt titans. here's to a great game, some great tailgating, and both of our teams going to great bowls. I wish all of you safe travels and an enjoyable experience in Troy. I wish I could be there, this kills me that I can't. Let's give the Sun Belt a game to remember!

Go Troy!
    Go 'Belt!

8. Default Re: Next Opponent: Painful loss to LSU lingers with Trojans

it really was aweful. coach blakeney said it best, "it was the highest and lowest emotional points of his football coaching career." well, the trojan nation feels the same way. i had ordered the ppv, had friends over, and a few "adult beverages" downed. the 31-3 lead was like extasy, i was litterally jumping and screaming in my living room. then the wheels fell off. holy crap what a terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible 4th quarter. the company left immediately after the game. my wife could not console me, i was beside myself with anger and dissapointment. the only thing that kept me from putting a pistol in my mouth was the Titans win over Jacksonville on Sunday, and that was a come from behind (wanna talk about anxiety? lol).

i don't know if UL has ever had to go through something like that. we dominated LSU in every way, and then.blah. oh well, my nerves, and my heart, will be healed if we make it to a bowl.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajuns Battle Troy Saturday

Don't know about anyone else but the wife and I are going to be in Troy to support these fine young men. Anyone else?

10. Default Re: Next Opponent: Painful loss to LSU lingers with Trojans

As a UL football fan I do not recall losing a game that was that much in the bag so to speak.

I have been through it as a Saints fan

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Next Opponent: Painful loss to LSU lingers with Trojans

I can relate to the emotional rollercoaster (any cajun/saints fan can) but not within a 4 hour spane of a game like Troy did against LSU. I was pulling for Troy to just finish and they couldn't do it. Hey they went to LSU and punched the reigning NCAA Champion in the mouth and gave them all they wanted for a homecoming game.

Default Re: Troy: Time to Focus on the Cajuns

Someone with stroke needs to print that note by the Troy reps pleading for their fans to show up and paste it at the enterance to our locker room, maybe even have one of the coaches read it out loud on the practice field!! I'm pumped up more than ever, we need to give it everything we got, I don't want to hear comments like I did after FAU about not playing to the 2nd half, begin playing hard now and don't stop until the final whistle blows on Saturday about 9:30 with a victory in our back pocket!!

N.O. Bound!

Default Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

Does anyone else have tickets? I was thinking about getting General Admission tickets when I get to Troy on Saturday. They have been averaging 20,000 in a stadium that holds 30,000.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Battle Troy Saturday

The wife and I are also going!

Back in August, if anyone would have predicted that in Week 11 UL would be in a 1st place tie and playing for the conference championship, I think we all would be happy with that.

I know that we have a banged-up team but I have feeling this team will WILL themselves to victory but regardless of the outcome, I think the young men wearing the Vermilion & White DESERVE our presence and support!

UL Football Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

I have bought 4 general admission tickets for the game. Something came up and I won't be able to go to the game but if you or anyone else would like to buy them I paid 50 dollars for them. Let me know.

Thread Information