Page 197 of 222 FirstFirst . 187 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 207 . LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Official Louisiana Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ In order to please the fickle football Gods, I have personally resigned the Cajuns B-Ball game Saturday as a loss. If we are afforded a win against FAU, I promise not to be too greedy and expect our ballers to beat Tech. I will be happy!

Hopefully, my sacrifice will be accepted.

6-4, 5-0 _
    Well I guess you can call me greedy!

2. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

possibly it is the tickets sold along with the folkes through the gate------But with the tarps there are just too many empty spaces to have the amount stated ---same thing at ULM--Fun took a photo and it just ain't so!!!!

Default Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

I'm seriously contemplating pitching a tent on University Friday night. What's the sense of checking into a room 5 or 6 hours before you plan on heading out to the campus.just cut out the middle man, while ensuring prime parking?

Default Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

I plan on leaving around 4 in the morning on Saturday.

Does everyone have tickets already?

5. UL Football Scouting FAU: Smith on track in time for UL game

Given the success Florida Atlantic quarterback Rusty Smith enjoyed last season, his future was certainly bright.

The 6-foot-5, 230-pounder was productive. He was efficient. He was a leader.

Smith shattered Sun Belt Conference single-season records with 3,688 passing yards and 32 touchdown passes. He was named the conference player of the year after the Owls won a share of the league title with Troy.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 14, 2008

Default Re: Scouting FAU: Smith on track in time for UL game

If the Cajuns needed a refresher course on defensing big, strong armed passing QBS they got it against UTEP's Vittatoe last week. Keeping the Fauls' Randy Smith's time on the field to a minium is likely the first important lesson.

UL Football Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    I plan on leaving around 4 in the morning on Saturday.

Does everyone have tickets already?
    We have ours already, so that we can sit with the UL fans. Go get them from the Cajundome box office. They are about $26/ticket. We are in section 105, Row 9.

Here is the map of Movie Gallery Stadium http://www.troytrojans.com/pics6/0/U.B_OEM_ID=17200

Not bad seats. Is everyone else in sections 103, 105, or 107?

8. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ In its worst years UL will have attendance figures comparable to Tech's best. I feel for you, but that's the truth.

I wouldn't ever again schedule us if I were Dooley. seriously. Tech hasn't a prayer of ever winning a football game against UL ever again. ever. _
    First of all, the Cajuns are having their first good year in a looooong time and I'm proud of y'all.

Second, I personally believe Tech would beat the Cajuns this year. Your strength is running the ball with the QB option. We have played a lot of QBs that like to run this year including a "pure" option team in Army. Our defense did pretty well against them even though we lost the game due to OLine play.

Currently La Tech sits at #10 in the nation in rush defense, even after allowing over 200 yards to Army (but only 3 ypc).

The Cajun defense doesn't look potent. I see a lot of high scoring games coming down to the wire.

As for the future, Dooley's recruits are great even considering their youth and we ought to have even better years ahead. Fenroy is on his way out.

As for the "best La Tech years being beat in attendance by the worst Cajun years"

source: http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=1304

2007:
    Tech had 18,562
    Cajuns and ULM both had the same amount, 16,651.

2006 (the worst year of Tech football history culminating in the firing of Jack Bicknell):
    Tech had 14,586
    Cajuns had 14,516

2005:
    Cajuns had 17,591
    Tech had 16,416

2004 - NCAA website not showing a breakdown by school

2003:
    Tech had 20,778
    Cajuns had 13,995

2002 - On NCAA website only shows top 50 schools for some reason

2001:
    Tech had 20,443
    Cajuns had 9,456

2000:
    Tech had 16,636
    Cajuns had 14,624

1999:
    Tech had 24,508
    Cajuns had 15,901

1998:
    Tech had 16,748
    Cajuns had 9,548

So out of eight years of official NCAA data, Tech had more 7 times. The aggregate number is also largely in favor of Tech due to some 20K+ years really trumping some sub-10K years for the Cajuns.

The Cajuns are ahead this year though. I guess that would make 7 out of 9 for Tech :P

Not exactly what I'd call "always" in favor of the Cajuns.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    _ First of all, the Cajuns are having their first good year in a looooong time and I'm proud of y'all.

Second, I personally believe Tech would beat the Cajuns this year. Your strength is running the ball with the QB option. We have played a lot of QBs that like to run this year including a "pure" option team in Army. Our defense did pretty well against them even though we lost the game due to OLine play.

Currently La Tech sits at #10 in the nation in rush defense, even after allowing over 200 yards to Army (but only 3 ypc).

The Cajun defense doesn't look potent. I see a lot of high scoring games coming down to the wire.

As for the future, Dooley's recruits are great even considering their youth and we ought to have even better years ahead. Fenroy is on his way out.

As for the "best La Tech years being beat in attendance by the worst Cajun years"

source: http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=1304

2007:
    Tech had 18,562

2006 (the worst year of Tech football history culminating in the firing of Jack Bicknell):
    Tech had 14,586
    Cajuns had 14,516

2005:
    Cajuns had 17,591
    Tech had 16,416

2004 - NCAA website not showing a breakdown by school

2003:
    Tech had 20,778
    Cajuns had 13,995

2002 - On NCAA website only shows top 50 schools for some reason

2001:
    Tech had 20,443
    Cajuns had 9,456

2000:
    Tech had 16,636
    Cajuns had 14,624

1999:
    Tech had 24,508
    Cajuns had 15,901

1998:
    Tech had 16,748
    Cajuns had 9,548

So out of eight years of official NCAA data, Tech had more 7 times. The aggregate number is also largely in favor of Tech due to some 20K+ years really trumping some sub-10K years for the Cajuns.

The Cajuns are ahead this year though. I guess that would make 7 out of 9 for Tech :P

Not exactly what I'd call "always" in favor of the Cajuns. _
    Ya'll are elite for sure!!!

Z

get lost.

10. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

I personally believe that if the Cajuns and Dawgs matched up in the Indy bowl that it would sell out.

I also think, due to the current energy in both programs, that a 1-1 series would be a good idea.

11. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Ya'll are elite for sure!!!

Z

get lost. _
    Just had to correct somebody. Plus, nobody said we were more elite than the Cajuns. That was ULM :P

Don't be mean Zeebart

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Just had to correct somebody. Plus, nobody said we were more elite than the Cajuns. That was ULM :P

Don't be mean Zeebart _
    aw shucks.I'm sorry.

The question remainsare ya'll experiencing that separation you guys yearn for????

Z

ps Have you been to Dwaynes place on Lake Claiborne yet? I heard thats pretty elite!!!

13. Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

_ aw shucks.I'm sorry.

The question remainsare ya'll experiencing that separation you guys yearn for????

Z

ps Have you been to Dwaynes place on Lake Claiborne yet? I heard thats pretty elite!!! _
    I haven't ever been to Dwayne's place but I have tailgated with him. Cool dude and very knowledgable about Tech athletics.

I'm not really for separating from the Cajuns, just ULM - the annoying little brother that tries to tag along and always cries about what we do.

_ I haven't ever been to Dwayne's place but I have tailgated with him. Cool dude and very knowledgable about Tech athletics.

I'm not really for separating from the Cajuns, just ULM - the annoying little brother that tries to tag along and always cries about what we do. _
    Your a pistol, man. Lets see, a big game in Ruston to become bowl eligible and you are coming to Lafayette for basketball?? HHhhhmmmmm??? Stronger ties to basketball than football??? Have a safe trip.

Z

Ya'll are elite for sure!!!
    Z

get lost. _
    Z, do you believe we had exactly the same average attendance as the ULMers in 2007? If so, I have some mineral rights I want to talk about letting you in on.

2007:
    Tech had 18,562

Thread Information