Page 190 of 222 FirstFirst . 180 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 200 . LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

so did anyone notice the blackout of the redzone? neither did I

Default Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

we were right above the students on about the 30 yd line and saw very little black. We did notice that the studnets were well behaved overall and were very impressed with the number of students that stopped and talked to the group of nuns that were sitting a few rows in front of us.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    _ Tech is 4-4(2-2) & we( UL)are (5-3)(4-0). I think it would be great for us to play them. I want to beat them so bad since we lost to them in 2004 (20-24 in Ruston) _
    I say to heck with playing Tech and Mickey Neese in any sport anymore. Tech thinks their stuff don't stink and they are so much better, well when all our sports start passing them up, let them come to us and beg. NO MORE TRYING TO GET THEM FOR HOME AND HOME.
    For Mickey NEESE. Don't care for them period.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ I was able to see you and ohhhhh what a sight it was!!!!!!!

Were you able to hook somebody up? _
    I hooked someone up! Very much appreciate it. Hope all is well in your world!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Oh you are such a liar!! LOL! Your guys on BBB are some of the most arrogant pinheads in message board history.

Gosh, I thought the "some of the most arrogant pinheads in message board history" was reserved for us, Z.

I might have to spend some time on the "BBB" forum to get a better taste of their pinhead flavor.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ Gosh, I thought the "some of the most arrogant pinheads in message board history" was reserved for us, Z.

I might have to spend some time on the "BBB" forum to get a better taste of their pinhead flavor. _

Since we are going to be redistributing a whole bunch of things here shortly, I figured I'd do my part and spread the "pinhead" label around as well!!!

Hope you are well.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _"Since we are going to be redistributing a whole bunch of things."
    Oh??? Top secret???

May we keep "corndog"? Pretty please, pretty please, and pretty please

Z, if I was any better I couldn't stand itwell, I could use a QB who threw more TD's to my team than the other team, but hey.we all have to suffer some.I hear it's good for the soul.

Hope you and yours are living large.

8. UL Football Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    _
    Tech raises hell demanding to get one of the spots guaranteed because they don't want to smudge their greatness by facing UNT. Deal falls apart.

Arkstfan, you raise some good points. But as usual when the subject of La. Tech comes up, you don't tell the whole story.

Can you honestly blame anyone for having reservations about facing the first team to make a bowl in NCAA history w/ a losing record (UNT) in a brand-new bowl, which is what the New Orleans Bowl was back in '01? The choice was A) Local, new Bowl game vs. non-BCS opponent w/ losing record and consequently becoming part of the answer to a trivia question, or B) distant Bowl game vs. BCS opponent. I think Arkansas State or anyone else may have acted in the same fashion.

Congrats on this season, Cajun fans.good to see you guys with more W's than L's. I admire guys like Z and Destin who have stood by the Rajun Cajuns through the lean years.

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game ???

look Z I would say that we have a hell of alot less UL bashing than you guys have Tech bashing. As a matter of fact Belt boards love to bash Tech. Its your favorite pass time. We even have a whole thread right now about admiring ULL. The majority of us don't look down on your school and want to see the series played on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Project10 View Post
    Arkstfan, you raise some good points. But as usual when the subject of La. Tech comes up, you don't tell the whole story.

Can you honestly blame anyone for having reservations about facing the first team to make a bowl in NCAA history w/ a losing record (UNT) in a brand-new bowl, which is what the New Orleans Bowl was back in '01? The choice was A) Local, new Bowl game vs. non-BCS opponent w/ losing record and consequently becoming part of the answer to a trivia question, or B) distant Bowl game vs. BCS opponent. I think Arkansas State or anyone else may have acted in the same fashion.

Congrats on this season, Cajun fans.good to see you guys with more W's than L's. I admire guys like Z and Destin who have stood by the Rajun Cajuns through the lean years.

Hey LaTech visitors,

Nice win out at SJS. That one (a road win) surprised me.

Here's hoping plenty of you make down for the basketball game Saturday. Not the typical season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ look Z I would say that we have a hell of alot less UL bashing than you guys have Tech bashing. As a matter of fact Belt boards love to bash Tech. Its your favorite pass time. We even have a whole thread right now about admiring UL. The majority of us don't look down on your school and want to see the series played on a regular basis. _
    You need to voice that opinion to your AD/Coach. We have been waiting for a home & home series with you guys for a really long time. I don't think we are the problem with getting that deal done. that only leaves Tech to blame!

I think most UL fans admire Tech's Football Program and would love to play every year. Hopefully it will happen soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Hey LaTech visitors,

Nice win out at SJS. That one (a road win) surprised me.

Here's hoping plenty of you make down for the basketball game Saturday. Not the typical season opener. _
    Not sure how many will come since we have a home football game this Saturday against Utah St. Win it and we are bowl eligible. But there may be a few that come down.

13. UL Football Louisiana finalizes tough 2010 schedule

UL's football team still needs one non-conference game to complete its 2009 schedule, but the Cajuns have lined up their opponents for 2010.

The 2010 season kicks off on Sept. 4 at Georgia in the first meeting between the programs. UL will receive a guaranteed payout of $875,000 to play the Bulldogs in Sanford Stadium. That's according to a recently signed contract by UL athletic director David Walker.

Other non-conference games for the Cajuns in 2010 include at Ohio on Sept. 11, Oklahoma State on Sept. 25 at Cajun Field and at Ole Miss on Nov. 11.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 11, 2008

14. UL Football Bruise Crew: Ragin Cajuns ar Hurting

After Monday's weekly press conference, UL football coach Rickey Bustle walked down the hallway inside the Cox Communications Athletic Center toward the training room. His neck ached, and he needed some relief.

"I guess I'm getting old," Bustle said, in a joking manner. "I need somebody to work on me."

Count Bustle among the many walking wounded for the Cajuns after Saturday's 37-24 loss to UTEP at Cajun Field.

UL (5-4 overall, 4-0 Sun Belt) will try to recover - both literally and figuratively - this week. With three games left in the regular season, the first-place Cajuns look to move one step closer to winning the conference title at 3 p.m. Saturday against defending league champion Florida Atlantic (4-5, 2-2) at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Whether UL will be at full strength this weekend is another story. Bustle counted 11 players sitting out Sunday night's practice because of injuries. That included 10 starters.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 11, 2008

I don't know, we have alot of Tech fans in south Louisiana and alot of excitement generating around this year's MEN's basketball team; who would have thought. We will get our normal 20k(if that) at the football game. As far as renewing the series, I thought the series was scheduled to be picked up in the near future, but if it is not, us fans really don't have a whole lot of say in what our AD does. That however does not change the fact that the majority of the Tech fans, loved the series and coming down to Lafayette and want it played regularly. We do consider UL our real rivalry, and unlike ULM, there is a continuous interest in the game yearly as opposed to ULM that loses interest quickly.

Thread Information