Page 182 of 222 FirstFirst . 172 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 192 . LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Sign seen at Cajun Field Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    _ It's a very original sign, but it only works if you pronounce his name incorrectly. _
    That is correct. If you spell it like other branches of the family, DesOrmeaux, then that would work.

Many people fail to realize the 2 different spellings and 2 different pronunciations of the last name.

Default Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ Students at TAMU must pay $200 a year out of pocket for a football pass, $300 for all sports.

And I know the inevitable response will be, "But we aren't TAMU."

1) Given what the Aggies are putting on the field this year, UL students are getting infinitely more bang for the buck.

2) We will never BE any of those universities if we don't start acting like them. _

It is not about fairness, or free. As BOP said trouble was starting, and students had no claim to those spots, first come first served so to speak.

In retrospect probably they should have not sold those spots, instead just let them fight it out and place more security to stem the problems. Next year they should have sold those spots to the SGA and let the SGA decide how they would allocate them. I guess that is fair.

I mean Change has been elected by a wide margin. Change means getting stuff just because you exist. So while we may P-off those who have bought those spots the rest of this season, lets just create new ones for them where the visitors camp, and let the SGA handle it for the students in the most prime spots for sale. But the athletic department should get prime price since it is prime spots.

Default Re: La Tech vs UL in a Bowl Game it could Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    EXACTLY RIGHT. Leave the Nechs for a good OOC game and let us get matched up with somebody GOOD!!! _
    I'm okay with it if they want to for 2-1's with us (for laTexsters that's 2 at Cajun Field for 1 at your place).

What a Downer Re: Black out the Red Zone????

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Saw this on Facebook. Apparently, someone is trying to organize a Black Out of the Red Zone to protest the charging $50 for tailgating spots that were normally first come, first serve.

Plain stupidity on the part of this particular student. _
    To quote this student, "Students have talgated and supported UL no matter what"

Well the no matter what is the $50 buck charge which means each student will have
    come up with about $5 bucks each or less.

5. Default Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Here's what the students aren't telling you.

Student tailgaiting IS free.

The entire east side of the stadium is reserved for student tailgaiting on a first come-first served basis.

The moaning and _____ing is coming from the areas that have been used by students, but were available to everyone on a first come first served basis.

The problems arose when folks started showing up to claim those spots before the time set up by the university, which was causing a cluster.

In retrospect, the administration agrees that they should have done this prior to the start of the season.

But this business of having supper with the poor poor students is bogus. They still have the whole east side of the stadium. And, it's free. _
    Your future wife says, "Just eat your Brownie Trifle, Jay!" And so does your future father-in-law!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: TAILGATIN INFO FOR TROY

Quote Originally Posted by KissMeImCajun View Post
    _ anyone know where the tailgating area for visitors? or is there even a certain place for visitors?

I have a email into the UL Athletic Officeas well as the Troy Athletic Office

.waiting on answers

I attached a map that i found on Troy's website.thought it might be handy for everyone _
    I went to Troy year before last, and this is what I recall.

I could be mistaken, but I believe there is no "organized tailgating area(s)". There are reserved parking areas, and a reserved area for RVs, which I'm certain allows the holders of these spots to tailgate there. Other than that it appeared to me to be a "crowded mess". If you are not the holder of one of the reserved parking spots you just park where you canvehicles, RVs just park on the sides of the campus roads, most don't get entirely off the road.

I really don't know what to tell you other than to get there as early as you can and secure a parking or a spot to tailgate.

I wish you luck in findinding a tailgating spot.

Check your auto insurance to insure that it is in effect.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's going to be nice for our football program to start having high class problems. They won't get solved easily, but I hope we stick together. There is no way we can elevate our program and not start insisting on more ways to exchange benefits for money and that includes tailgating spots and more.

Currently, there is a monumental amount of open range at Cajun Field. The tailgating area in question was never anyone's in particular, so I find the argument in question a little thin. There are going to be more cases where decisions will have to be made to price higher valued benefits for those who can pay. Students will continue, as they should, to get a phenomenal deal.

All of us are probably going to be challenged as to whether we would like to have a great seat at a bargain price to watch mediocre football, or get over our entitlement issues, ask for more money for improved benefits, and allow this program to elevate.

PS Students, if it softens the blow. you won't be a student your entire Ragin Cajun life. this message is endorsed by your mom, dad and girlfriend.

Don't students get free tickets?

Pony up the $50 and quit being babies

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I'm okay with it if they want to for 2-1's with us (for laTexsters that's 2 at Cajun Field for 1 at your place). _
    I think that a UL-Tech matchup is possible.

I don't think that CUSA will fill all their slots, and New Orleans might be open.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind a UL-Tech matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    All of us are probably going to be challenged as to whether we would like to have a great seat at a bargain price to watch mediocre football, or get over our entitlement issues, ask for more money for improved benefits, and allow this program to elevate. _
    Money quote.

Why not one student pay for the tailgating spot then pass a hat around to get some of the money back and donate the rest to the RCAF?

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Why not one student pay for the tailgating spot then pass a hat around to get some of the money back and donate the rest to the RCAF? _
    Doubt the bold part will ever happen. How bout take the rest and buy more beer??

Perhaps a concensus is close to being reached!

is the RCAF even set up?

You just had two of your largest tailgating crowds in the last few years. Why not have a tent set up and try to get some of the buzzed donations?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I don't think that CUSA will fill all their slots, and New Orleans might be open.
    Wouldn't this only happen if CUSA gets 3 or less teams in, since the N.O. Bowl is CUSA-4? Or is that not how it works?

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ is the RCAF even set up?

You just had two of your largest tailgating crowds in the last few years. Why not have a tent set up and try to get some of the buzzed donations? _
    I'm afraid the admin is overthinking the unveiling of RCAF. I realize it's important to wait until it's properly organized. I'd bet that it already is, but they're waiting for the "perfect moment." For me, the perfect moment is NOW. Get buzz donations, then after the football season, open with another big announcement (facility upgrades for XYZ). REintroduce the RCAF with stats on how much it has already raised in X months since the announcement.

Thread Information