Page 178 of 222 FirstFirst . 168 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 188 . LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns control their postseason fate

With four games left to play in the regular season, UL's football team remains in control of its own postseason destiny.

If the Ragin' Cajuns win their final three Sun Belt games the program will clinch its first outright league title and earn its first bowl berth since 1970. That season, UL won the Gulf States Conference and lost to Tennessee State, 26-25, in the Grantland Rice Bowl.

The focus this weekend moves out of league play as the Cajuns (5-3 overall, 4-0 Sun Belt) take on UTEP (3-5 overall, 3-2 Conference USA) at 7 Saturday night at Cajun Field. One more victory will make them bowl-eligible. But the players and coaches like knowing they can dictate their future by winning out in conference play.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 4, 2008

2. UL Football McCoy honored

UL linebacker Daylon McCoy was named the co-defensive player of the week by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association on Monday.

The sophomore came up with a game-changing play for the second consecutive game against FIU. With the game tied at 14 early in the second quarter, McCoy forced a fumble that was returned 22 yards by Gerren Blount for a touchdown.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 4, 2008

3. UL Football Opponent View: UTEP Defense needs to build its self-confidence, Mike Price says

UTEP head football coach Mike Price discussed the Miners' loss to Rice during his weekly news conference Monday at the Larry K. Durham Center. (Ruben R. Ramirez / El Paso Times)EL PASO -- There is no magic formula that's suddenly going to help UTEP's beleaguered defense grow teeth.

No reinforcements are coming, there will be no late-season scheme changes.

Improvement will have to come from within, and that starts with the mental aspect of the game.

"We're playing like we're expecting to lose, not like we're expecting to win," coach Mike Price said at his Monday news conference. "That was the difference (between UTEP and Rice on Saturday). They have three players (James Casey, Jarrett Dillard and Chase Clement) and they played confident."

That's where the Miners need to go.

The rest of the story

Bret Bloomquist / El Paso Times

Default Re: direct flights to miami for $238----

I would love to make a trip but I have plans to go to Troy. Want to save my money for that one. Just hope the Cajuns are 5-0 in conference headed to Troy.

5. UL Football The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

I was recently browsing facebook and noticed a "protest" event trying to be started for Saturday's game. Many students are upset that the great tailgating spots they once had are now "paid spots". Although some of us may not agree but understand that with sucess comes changes, they feel that it is breaking the biggest selling point / trad. that made students come outit being free. In reaction to all this some students are trying to "black out" the Red Zone. How do yall feel about that?

Default Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

it takes money to make winning a tradition

pay up!

Quote Originally Posted by RealCajun70 View Post
    _ I was recently browsing facebook and noticed a "protest" event trying to be started for Saturday's game. Many students are upset that the great tailgating spots they once had are now "paid spots". Although some of us may not agree but understand that with sucess comes changes, they feel that it is breaking the biggest selling point / trad. that made students come outit being free. In reaction to all this some students are trying to "black out" the Red Zone. How do yall feel about that? _
    They need to suck it up. The spots are $50 and most of them are groups of 10 or more. Come up with the $5. If they won't come out because of that, then they aren't fans.

Wrong way to protest.who are you protesting to, the players? What do they have to do with it?

Put on your red, and enjoy one of the best cajun teams ever

I'm a student and me and my friends do it why can't they round up enough friends to put in to pay for it. This is a joke, I will be front and center with my red on.

I could see where some are upset. It's hard if not impossible to collect money from other college kids to pay for a spot, you will be dodged. They are in college, Full time student=part time job + rent + car bills + beer = broke. Plus there have been alot of extra fees tacked onto tuition so I could see how they could blackout.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    _ Wrong way to protest.who are you protesting to, the players? What do they have to do with it?

Put on your red, and enjoy one of the best cajun teams ever _
    Exactly. Not the first protest. not going to be the last. Definitely do not cut your nose off to spite your face. Wrong place, wrong way, wrong time.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

The pay-for-tailgaiting situation calls for nothing more than being mildly upset. Anything more than that is an overreaction.

That being said, if they want to wear black UL stuff in "protest," then it doesn't bother me any. As long as it's not P&G or "Go Miners."

Or am I misunderstanding the term "black-out"?

13. Default Re: The Red Zone may be Black for UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ The pay-for-tailgaiting situation calls for nothing more than being mildly upset. Anything more than that is an overreaction.

That being said, if they want to wear black UL stuff in "protest," then it doesn't bother me any. As long as it's not P&G or "Go Miners."

Or am I misunderstanding the term "black-out"? _
    For some reason students at UL use black to protest, I have seen it before. I will be there in my White and Vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I could see where some are upset. It's hard if not impossible to collect money from other college kids to pay for a spot, you will be dodged. They are in college, Full time student=part time job + rent + car bills + beer = broke. Plus there have been alot of extra fees tacked onto tuition so I could see how they could blackout. _
    Regarding athletics, our students get one of the free-est rides out there.

15. Default Re: direct flights to miami for $238----

do you have any info on visitor tailgate info for troy?

Thread Information