Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default direct flights to miami for $238----

anyone plannin a road trip?

Southwest Airlines Air Itinerary and Pricing
    Air Itinerary
    Trip Date Day Stops Routing Flight Routing Details
    Depart Nov 13 Thu Nonstop MSY-FLL 1302 Depart New Orleans (MSY) at 3:30 PM
    Arrive in Fort Lauderdale (FLL) at 6:15 PM
    Return Nov 16 Sun Nonstop FLL-MSY 3773 Depart Fort Lauderdale (FLL) at 5:45 PM
    Arrive in New Orleans (MSY) at 6:50 PM

Pricing
    Passenger
    Type Trip Routing Type of Fare Base Fare U.S.
    Taxes PFC Security
    Fee1 Passenger(s) Total
    Adult Depart MSY-FLL Wanna Get Away
    $66.05 $8.45 $4.50 $2.50 1 $81.50
    Return FLL-MSY Wanna Get Away
    $135.81 $13.69 $4.50 $2.50 1 $156.50

Total $201.86 $22.14 $9.00 $5.00 $238.00

Ragin' Cajuns My FIU@UL Pics

Can be found here as usual. http://ragincajuns.shutterfly.com/
    I was able to get to the parade. I got several good ones of the air show from the upper deck too.

PM me if you would like a full-res copy of an image that I took.

3. Default Re: My FIU@UL Pics

Nice pics all around and the kids are too cute!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: My FIU@UL Pics

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate View Post
    Nice pics all around and the kids are too cute!
    Niece and nephew.the girl is my godchild. As you can probably tell she was sick and not feeling well.

Default Black out the Red Zone????

Saw this on Facebook. Apparently, someone is trying to organize a Black Out of the Red Zone to protest the charging $50 for tailgating spots that were normally first come, first serve.

WEAR BLACK TO OUR NEXT FOOTBALL GAME!

Student tailgating at UL has become a rich tradition that we are all proud of. However, we have recently lost free tailgating at Cajun Field.

Over the past few years Athletics has asked students to support all sporting events at UL. Tailgating has always been encouraged, attendance at games is crucial to retaining our NCAA Div I status. Win or lose students have tailgated and supported UL's teams no matter what.

NOW if you want to support UL by tailgating before or after a football game, you have to pay. Student tailgating is $50 per game, starting midseason during our Homecoming game. Help protest by wearing black to the next game. Show athletics that you are against their decision to force students to pay to tailgate at Cajun Field.

INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS. LET'S MAKE THIS A SUCCESS.
    Plain stupidity on the part of this particular student.

Default Re: Black out the Red Zone????

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Saw this on Facebook. Apparently, someone is trying to organize a Black Out of the Red Zone to protest the charging $50 for tailgating spots that were normally first come, first serve.

Plain stupidity on the part of this particular student. _
    I'll wear red lol

Heck, I'm just happy we get into our athletic events for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I'll wear red lol _
    ME TOO!!! F BlaCK

This was changed mid-season, which was wrong in my opinion. However, it would look pretty cool if they all wear black. At least they didnt say let's purple out the red zone.

My only main concern is that it seems we are getting close to minor league baseball territory. I mean, what wont they sell or advertise on?

igeaux.mobi

Whatever it takes to bring in money, everything short of renaming the stadium!!!

My concern will be whether or not there will be that many students tailgating this weekend because of the new fee. Just because we are suddenly winning, we have to pay $50 to tailgate? I mean it's great for athletics and all, but are there really that many students who can afford to pay this? I hope I'm proven wrong this weekend. As for the blackout in the red zone, I will be wearing my #16 red UL jersey like I always have.unless it is cold and I decide to wear my black long sleeve shirt underneath with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ My concern will be whether or not there will be that many students tailgating this weekend because of the new fee. Just because we are suddenly winning, we have to pay $50 to tailgate? I mean it's great for athletics and all, but are there really that many students who can afford to pay this? I hope I'm proven wrong this weekend. As for the blackout in the red zone, I will be wearing my #16 red UL jersey like I always have.unless it is cold and I decide to wear my black long sleeve shirt underneath with it. _
    50 isn't that tough to pay.most of the students have groups of about 5-10 people they tailgate with.I know that they can afford $5-10 each to tailgate. Man I was a tad bit drunk Saturday sorry if I embarrassed myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ 50 isn't that tough to pay.most of the students have groups of about 5-10 people they tailgate with.I know that they can afford $5-10 each to tailgate. Man I was a tad bit drunk Saturday sorry if I embarrassed myself lol _
    Hey man, if you yell at UTEP's players like you did with FIU's players, then I will be fully satisfied to say the least. My stomach was hurting from laughing so hard the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ Hey man, if you yell at UTEP's players like you did with FIU's players, then I will be fully satisfied to say the least. My stomach was hurting from laughing so hard the other night. _
    I was in rare form Saturday lol

Default Re: direct flights to miami for $238----

Thanks for the info. Already made plans. Glad to see others are going.

Thread Information