Page 174 of 222 FirstFirst . 164 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 184 . LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Greetings from TROY

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    _ we're going to put so many points up on ULM the scoreboard is going to run out of digits. lol. _

A safety will probably do the trick. Would love to see the Hoax Nation blow up with a 2-0 loss.

Default I am so PUMPED about this must win game

This is the biggest game in the history of the school everything is coming together at once.

Default Re: I am so PUMPED about this must win game

There is nothing I can say to show how excited I am for this game. Thank God it is at 4 I usually hate 4 oclock games but I cannot wait any longer. Two weeks has been killing me.

4. UL Football History is today's theme for UL

An avid hunter and outdoorsman, Glenn Lafleur missed UL's first two home football games this season at Cajun Field.

But with the program's 1,000th game taking place at 4 p.m. today against Florida International, the legendary Cajun linebacker will be sure to make his way down to Lafayette for the historic homecoming event.

Now the principal at Pine Prairie High, the 60-year-old Lafleur plans to travel from his Ville Platte home for the game with wife Jean and granddaughter Logan.

"All milestones are great for any city or university," Lafleur said on Thursday night. "This game is something that will be remembered forever.

"I think it's a great thing for UL."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 1, 2008

5. UL Football High-scoring UL, FIU clash in Sun Belt

UL — When it comes to scoring against Sun Belt Conference opponents, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and Florida International are at their best.

UL and FIU approach today’s 4 p.m. Cajun Field homecoming kickoff averaging a combined 73 points a game.

That could mean an offensive show when the Cajuns (4-3, 3-0 SBC) and FIU (3-4, 2-1) play in a contest that has major importance in the league standings.

UL and Troy (5-2, 4-0) are the only remaining SBC teams undefeated in conference play.

FIU and Arkansas State are close behind the Cajuns, with only one loss.

Florida International has made one of the biggest offensive improvements in the conference since last year.

The Golden Panthers averaged 15.1 points a game last season. This season, FIU averages 25.1 points overall and 32.0 in its three SBC contests.

Those figures have impressed UL coach Rickey Bustle, whose Cajuns average 41.0 points in SBC games.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

4:00 means I actually get to watch the whole game (gonna be at work ) so I'm pumped.

Every Conference game from here on out is the biggest games in UL history.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Shreveport is gorgeous in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co.asp?CID=869629

man this shirts getting crazy. 1 game at a time, boys one game at a time

Z _
    Shreveport would look much better with a mushroom cloud on the horizon. Gawd, I HATE anything in NORTH LOUISIANA!

Default Read, and Rejoice

http://sunbeltsports.org/

Check out the football rankings.

Been a long, long time.

10. UL Football Epic Night for University of Louisiana Fans

UL – Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns celebrated Homecoming and the school’s 1,000th ! football game plus Tyrell Fenroy joined an elite group here Saturday afternoon at Cajun Field.

The Ragin’ Cajuns (5-3, 4-0 Sun Belt) also remained undefeated in Sun Belt Conference play with a convincing 49-20 victory over FIU (3-5, 2-2 Sun Belt). Troy's 31-30 loss to ULM later in the evening leaves Louisiana as the lone unbeaten team in SBC play, in sole possession of first place.

At the 5:12 mark of the opening quarter Fenroy moved over 1,000 yards for the season making him only the seventh player in NCAA history to record four consecutive 1,000 yard seasons.

Fenroy later added three rushing touchdowns – with the first allowing him to capture the Sun Belt Conference career rushing touchdown record with his 42nd career score. It was his fourth, three-touchdown game of the season and eighth of his career. Fenroy is now up to 44 career rushing touchdowns leaving him three shy of Brian Mitchell’s school record.

Louisiana’s defense pitched a shutout for 44-plus minutes, after FIU scored with 53 seconds left in the first quarter, and limited the Golden Panthers to 270 total yards for the entire contest.

Michael Desormeaux returned to action for UL and completed 13-of-19 passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns.

Louisiana posted 57 rushing attempts with nine different players getting at least one carry. The Ragin’ Cajuns were 11-of-17 on third-down conversions and controlled the clock for 37:38.

Louisiana trailed 7-0 just seconds into the game and 14-7 after the first quarter, but scored 28 unanswered points to take a 35-14 lead into halftime.

FIU wasted little time getting on the scoreboard as T.Y. Hilton took the opening kickoff 90 yards to paydirt to give the Golden Panthers a 7-0 lead 14 seconds into the first quarter.

The Ragin’ Cajuns responded with a 16-play, 75-yard drive to knot the score at 7-7 with 6:42 left in the first quarter. The drive was highlighted by a 20-yard reception on third-and-10 by Louis Lee to keep the chains moving. Desormeaux capped off the drive with a six yard touchdown pass to Ladarius Green.

Needing just a pair of yards to become the seventh player in NCAA history to record four consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, Fenroy rushed up the middle for four yards on the first play of the Cajuns’ second drive to secure his place in college football history with 5:12 remaining in the first quarter.

Following a three-and-out, the Golden Panthers took the lead with a one-yard touchdown plunge by Julian Reams. The FIU drive was aided by a 38-yard rush by Reams and two costly penalties by the Cajuns which gave the visitors a first-and-goal on the four-yard line.

Louisiana tied the score at 14-14 with 11:14 remaining in the half with an extended scoring drive. The Cajuns topped off the 11-play, 64-yard drive with a four-yard Fenroy touchdown. The touchdown gave the senior 42 in his career, making him the all-time Sun Belt Conference rushing touchdown leader.

The Cajuns’ defense stepped up on the next FIU possession as Daylon McCoy stripped A’mod Ned of the football and Gerren Blount picked up the loose ball and carried it 22 yards for the touchdown. The touchdown put the Ragin’ Cajuns ahead 21-14 with 11:05 left in the first half.

Defense helped UL extend their lead to 28-14 as Derik Keyes picked off a Paul McCall pass at the UL33 and returned the ball 63 yards to the FIU4. From there, the Cajuns needed just two rushes from Fenroy to extend their lead to 14 points.

Fenroy’s score was his second of the evening giving him his fourth multiple touchdown game of the season and 11th of his career.

UL added another touchdown just before halftime to extend their lead to 35-14.

The Cajuns took over control of the ball on the UL six yard line with 3:17 before the half. Louisiana started the drive with a 28-yard Julian Shankle rush off the right side. A Desormeaux pass to Jason Chery for 18 yards put Louisiana into field goal range. However, two plays later, Desormeaux connected with Chery once again for a 25-yard touchdown with just 36 seconds remaining in the half.

In the second half, the Cajuns struck quickly scoring a touchdown covering 73 yards on four plays to increase their lead to 42-14. Richie Falgout caught a Desormeaux pass and rumbled 82 yards down to the one-yard line to set up Fenroy’s third touchdown of the game with just 1:10 off the clock in the third quarter.

Fenroy’s third score marked his fourth, three-touchdown game of the season and eighth in his career. He ended the night moving up to 44 career rushing touchdowns which leaves him three shy of Brian Mitchell’s career mark of 47.

The Cajuns continued to compile both yards and points as they chewed up 7:38 of play clock on a 13 play, 56-yard scoring drive to increase the lead to 49-14 with 4:47 remaining in the third quarter. Shankle powered the ball into the end zone from two yards out to conclude the drive. The Cajuns stayed on the ground for nearly the entirety of the drive, running the ball on 12 of the 13 plays for 52 yards.

The teams swapped scoreless possessions until FIU added a late score for the Golden Panthers’ first points since 53 seconds remained in the first quarter. Wayne Younger completed a 10-yard touchdown pass to Eric Kirchenberg with 1:21 left to play to provide the final margin of 49-20.

Louisiana steps out of Sun Belt play next weekend hosting UTEP on Saturday, Nov. 8 at 6 p.m., at Cajun Field. The game will be televised by ESPN+.

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: Read, and Rejoice

Just think how it will feel if it stays that way?

Default Re: Read, and Rejoice

Dear Sun Belt Conference,

Whose your daddy?

Regards,
    Louisiana

13. Default

In a milestone game for UL's football program, running back Tyrell Fenroy joined an exclusive fraternity early on Saturday.

The news only got better as the night went on for the Ragin' Cajuns in a 49-20 win over Florida International at Cajun Field.

Fenroy grabbed most of the headlines in UL's 1,000th game - and rightly so. The senior ran for three touchdowns and became only the seventh player in NCAA history to rush for at least 1,000 yards in four consecutive seasons with a 4-yard run late in the first quarter.

"It didn't hit me until they called a time out," said Fenroy, who finished with 81 yards on 22 carries in his fourth three-TD game of the season. "Everything was going in slow motion."

UL's defense played at full speed all night in the Sun Belt contest, forcing three turnovers by the Golden Panthers (3-5 overall, 2-2 SBC) and allowing a season-low 270 yards before a homecoming crowd of 29,031.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 2, 2008

14. UL Football Keyes, UL defense deliver once again

All Derik Keyes wanted from UL's defense on Saturday was four quarters of solid football. The senior strong safety got just that in a 49-20 Sun Belt win over Florida International at Cajun Field.

For the second consecutive game, the Cajuns allowed their fewest yards this season, holding FIU to 270 yards and forcing three turnovers. The 20 points allowed by UL tied a season-low total.

"I think we got the job done," Keyes said. "We had some great practices this week, and we were very confident in our game plan.

"We just needed to come out and execute."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 2, 2008

15. UL Football Fenroy adds to his legacy

Head coach Rickey Bustle looked out across Cajun Field, which just minutes before was a sea of red shirts waving white towels, and knew the magnitude of the moment.

And it had nothing to do with history. The franchise - which UL football fans know as Tyrell Fenroy - was down.

Ever heard a pin drop amongst a delirious homecoming game crowd of 29,031? It happened Saturday night.

"I didn't see it happen, but I saw he didn't get up," said Bustle, remembering back on the third-quarter play when Fenroy was run off the artificial playing surface and onto the cement that circles the field, where he crashed into the stadium wall, falling backwards awkwardly on his right knee.

The rest of the story

Kevin Foote • kfoote@theadvertiser.com
    Bob Heist bheist@theadvertiser.com.

Thread Information