Page 172 of 222 FirstFirst . 162 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 182 . LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Shreveport is gorgeous in December.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ It's the team's job to focus, not mine. I'm not playing. It doesn't matter what I do. It is fun for the first time in a LONG time to be playing these kind of bowl scenarios and to be mentioned with the likes of Nebraska. _
    The reason I discourage this kind of premature talk is that there may be team members who read the board. I don't want anything that has any possibility of distracting the guys from their true task to enter the mindset. A loss on Saturday and we will only be 4 and 4. At that point, all of this postseason play talk will look silly.

2. Default Re: Shreveport is gorgeous in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ The reason I discourage this kind of premature talk is that there may be team members who read the board. I don't want anything that has any possibility of distracting the guys from their true task to enter the mindset. A loss on Saturday and we will only be 4 and 4. At that point, all of this postseason play talk will look silly. _
    100% agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ The reason I discourage this kind of premature talk is that there may be team members who read the board. I don't want anything that has any possibility of distracting the guys from their true task to enter the mindset. A loss on Saturday and we will only be 4 and 4. At that point, all of this postseason play talk will look silly. _

Mike there is plenty of history to support your concerns. There is also plenty of history to support that teams can win often in either zone. I have seen teams in all sports proving that a loose team having fun can go on to have a great season, and a tight team to focused can go on to lose it all. Again there is evidence that the exact opposite is true as well. Conclusion? It all depends on the mindset and ability of the individual teams. I trust our coaches to keep things at the right level. If not it is their heads on the chopping block.

Default Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ Clutch, no matter where Fenroy goes I will own a jersey and I will cheer. You know this! Because YOU MY BOY FENROY!!! Whooo hooo! _
    I knew that already!!! When he comes back I'll want to get a jersey signed! Add to my collection See you up front Saturday?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Greetings from TROY

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I'm feeling so much pity for the Hard Luck Hoaxsters I'm pulling for them this game.
    _
    DES, you've got to stop being such a heartless hard-@$$!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ Maybe so, but the folks in Nashville have a different view.

Bud Adams told Houston what he needed to stay in Houston, gave them time to do it and they told him to blow which he did. Houston then paid ten time more to get a team that has yet to even do as well as the Oilers.

Sounds like sour grapes from a jilted lover. _
    Unfortunately, your version of history is not an accurate one. I'll forgive you since I know the Pony Express doesn't stop in LaPlace every day.

Bud Adams told Houston what he needed to stay in Houston, and the city gave it to him with $67 million in renovations to the Astrodome, turning a unique facility into a soulless donut.

Then, only seven years later, he tried to hold the city hostage, again, for a new retractable roof stadium in downtown Houston (where land is a tad more expensive than out on the prairie). That is when Houston, rightfully, told him to go commit an unnatural act with himself.

And you can shove your sour grapes where the sun don't shine. It ain't about being jilted. I was never an Oilers fan. It's about being a property tax payer in Harris County (you oughta' try it sometime, as it's a whole different experience from property taxes in Louisiana) that is STILL paying for the improvements that he demanded and then bolted from in less than a decade. If he wasn't such a horses @$$ micromanager (he went to the Raymond P. Authement school of micromanagement), he could have had a much more successful franchise and made piles of money in a high school facility in this football mad city.

Finally, Houston is MUCH better off nowadays pro football wise. The Texans aren't the greatest team ever on the field, but last I checked, they've won the same number of Supes as ole' Bud's team. Additionally, we've now got one of the finest facilities in the NFL of which Bob McNair paid half the cost(ole' Bud wanted me to pay for the whole thing). Houston didn't pay ten times more, it paid half as much. We've got a fantastic owner who lets the football people run the football side of things and isn't shy about spending his money. We've got a franchise that doesn't embarrass us off the field. And most importantly, we don't have Bud Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    La Teck and ULM might have some fans show up to support the Cajuns.
    I would put that number at darn near zero.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ I would put that number at darn near zero. _
    I agree, like the Coneheads I think that number is very unlikely. Lets just say it, unless working at the stadium as a peanut vendor no ULM, or LTU fan will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _ Unfortunately, your version of history is not an accurate one. I'll forgive you since I know the Pony Express doesn't stop in LaPlace every day.

Bud Adams told Houston what he needed to stay in Houston, and the city gave it to him with $67 million in renovations to the Astrodome, turning a unique facility into a soulless donut.

Then, only seven years later, he tried to hold the city hostage, again, for a new retractable roof stadium in downtown Houston (where land is a tad more expensive than out on the prairie). That is when Houston, rightfully, told him to go commit an unnatural act with himself.

And you can shove your sour grapes where the sun don't shine. It ain't about being jilted. I was never an Oilers fan. It's about being a property tax payer in Harris County (you oughta' try it sometime, as it's a whole different experience from property taxes in Louisiana) that is STILL paying for the improvements that he demanded and then bolted from in less than a decade. If he wasn't such a horses @$$ micromanager (he went to the Raymond P. Authement school of micromanagement), he could have had a much more successful franchise and made piles of money in a high school facility in this football mad city.

Finally, Houston is MUCH better off nowadays pro football wise. The Texans aren't the greatest team ever on the field, but last I checked, they've won the same number of Supes as ole' Bud's team. Additionally, we've now got one of the finest facilities in the NFL of which Bob McNair paid half the cost(ole' Bud wanted me to pay for the whole thing). Houston didn't pay ten times more, it paid half as much. We've got a fantastic owner who lets the football people run the football side of things and isn't shy about spending his money. We've got a franchise that doesn't embarrass us off the field. And most importantly, we don't have Bud Adams. _
    I think I meant the city bought a team from the league for about 600 million franchise fee plus the stadium. And yea it is a nice stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ I think I meant the city bought a team from the league for about 600 million franchise fee plus the stadium. And yea it is a nice stadium. _
    Bob McNair paid $700 million for the team, not the city.

In all, Mr. McNair put up ONE BILLION DOLLARS of his own money to bring football back to Houston.

Bud Adams constantly has his hand out.

Default Article on NOLA

Homecoming for a Three-Headed Monster, Ragin' Cajuns to Play 1000th football Game Saturday
    Posted by Paul Angelle October 29, 2008 12:15AM
    Categories: Breaking News, Louisiana-Lafayette, collegiate football
    Saturday is homecoming for the Ragin Cajuns, and they are undefeated in Sun Belt play.

Brown had obviously been troubled by the fact that so few Louisiana fans had bothered to attend Mitchell's last game. It had been a successful season; the Cajuns were 6-4 with a near miss two weeks earlier at #11 Alabama. The game itself was epic. Mitchell rushed for 232 yards; scoring four touchdowns [he had a Cajun-record five the week before]. His fourth score and subsequent two point conversion with less than a minute to play gave the home team a 29-28 victory. Cajun fans in attendance will never forget the image of Mitchell being carried off the field by his team mates. His NCAA record of 47 touchdowns stood for nine years. He was the first quarterback in NCAA history to pass for 5000 yards and rush for 3000 yards.

Brian Mitchell was the man.

But Bruce Brown had a reason to make this point; the next Saturday was to be Jake Delhomme's last start as a Cajun in "The Swamp." Brown did not want to see another crowd of less than 20,000, and he didn't. He'd tell you his plan worked as many more fans attended Delhomme's final game than attended Mitchell's. Delhomme became Louisiana's most prolific passer the following week.

So . In 1989 a special senior said goodbye to a fraction of Cajun fans at Cajun Field. In 1996 another special senior said goodbye to a slightly larger fraction of Cajun fans.

Fast forward to 2008.

The Ragin' Cajuns have 15 seniors, and all of them are special, but three offensive seniors are having especially special seasons. Their seasons have been so good that NFL scouts have been hanging out at Cajun practices (something that did not happen as often for either Mitchell or Delhomme). The scouts are there to see quarterback Michael Desormeaux, running back Tyrell Fenroy, and wide receiver Jason Chery.

The offensive trio of Desormeaux , Fenroy and Chery brings fear to defensive coordinators throughout the Sun Belt Conference. The trio actually forced Cajun supporter Dr. Joseph Abraham to educate others of Ceberus, the mythological three-headed guardian of Hades.

So fans of the University of Louisiana should expect some sort of article prior to December 3rd encouraging them to not to miss the three-headed beast's last game. Fans should just wait until the final game of the season to show up. Fans should totally ignore the other games on the schedule. Fans should make sure the final game is worth the trip.

You think?

To quote the title of Baltimore Rapper SAGAT's one and only hit single, "FUNK DAT!"

This coming Saturday is Homecoming in Lafayette. The Ragin' Cajuns are 3-0 in conference play, two wins away from bowl eligibility, and they lead the nation (not the state, not the Sun Belt) in Rushing.

Sure, LSU is hosting Tulane, and Southern is hosting Pine Bluff, and Southeastern is hosting McNeese State, and ULM is hosting Troy, and Louisiana Tech is hosting Fresno State.

It is true that there will be a ton of football being played in the great state of Louisiana, and they are all playing at about the same time.

But only one school is playing its 1000th game ever.

Only one school is handing out "Tyrell Towels."

Only one school has a player 30 yards shy of becoming the 7th college football player ever to rush for over 1000 yards in a season four times.

Only one school boasts the state's highest graduation rates.

Only one school has the nation's leader in rushing yards by a quarterback.

Only one school has a chance to play in the New Orleans Bowl.

That one school is UL.

The football fans that witnessed the Cajuns' amazing, come-from-behind, last minute victory against ASU last week will be there. The out-of-state alumni who only make one game a year will be there. Cox Sports will be there. ESPN will be there too.

The place to be for a Louisiana football fan on Saturday is Lafayette, unless said fan is burdened with a rooting interest in one of the aforementioned contests. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. against Florida International, but tailgating has started already, and there are too many things that have to be seen in Lafayette.

The Sporting News gives out awards in each conference to the fans. The Ragin' Cajun fans swept these awards again. They were awarded #1 tailgating, best pre-game atmosphere, best home-field advantage and best fans.

Those who don't attend the history-making throw down on Saturday in Lafayette will not be able to say, "I was there."

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    And I remember when LaPlace was but a small suburb of mighty Reserve. Geaux Leon Godchaux H.S.
    LOL. First I've ever heard of some area being a suburb of Reserve.

Leon Godchaux (now East St. John) is still doing nicely, as well at St. Charles. Miss the old home town sometime.

Default Re: Article on NOLA

Just an FYI, but Pirogue posted this and its on pg 3 now since it is his blog

Default Re: Article on NOLA

Gotcha! I hadn't seen it.

Default Re: Greetings from TROY

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    DES, you've got to stop being such a heartless hard-@$$!! _
    Warhoax after Troy game -
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information