Page 16 of 222 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

cajunryan4, you can join us on the railing on the student side this year rather than the home side.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    Acctually, I've been told many of a time by many tigger "fans" that D1-AA is where we should go. But I could really care less what those "fans" of the tiggers think.

I'm 18 years old. I've been going to games since I was born. I can't remember a season other than 2005 where we had a winning season. I barely remember Jake in 1996. I have never seen us be consistant winners.But, I haven't given up.But the so-called "fans" the article mentions who say that we should move down aren't fans of our school. The word fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics want and help with the success of the program. If they were FANS, they would be helping by giving their time and money to help the program grow. These observers just sit their and groan instead of being the reason we succeed. To those people who say their fans but do nothing, how about you step up to the plate and be what you say you are. Be a fan and help out. BE THE REASON we succeed, instead of jumping on the band wagon later.

I also start college here this year, I'm so pumped. Can't wait for football!!!

Geaux Cajuns
    that is a very good reply! it's sorta two edged sword. can't hire a good coach without the money, can't get the money without fans showing up in the stadium, can't get the fans to show up without putting a quality team on the field, so on, so on,.

hearing that there has been a RCAF for two years is news to me though. when did this happen, and why isn't it plastered everywhere with links to join and donate?

3. Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ cajunryan4, you can join us on the railing on the student side this year rather than the home side. _
    Definitly will be there.

Been sitting on the first row of chairbacks right behind our recievers and running backs for 13 years. D-1 row 1 seat 11 (all 1's, never noticed that)

Finally I can stand up all game with out being told by a cop or old person to sit down!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Season Predictions

USM - W
    Illini - L
    Kent - W
    K state - L
    ULM - W
    NTU - W
    ASU - L
    FIU - W
    UTEP - L
    FAU - L
    Troy L
    M Tenn - L

Bustle stays another year

Finally I can stand up all game with out being told by a cop or old person to sit down!!!!!!!!!!
    that is a shame! Texas A&M fans never sit down. biggest waste of money was putting seats in Kyle Stadium. should just be concrete rows to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by BStock View Post
    The Scaredy Cats at State? who are you referring too? if your referring to the tigers, do you know the matchup record and margin of victory in the series?

i'm not trying to say that LSU is great, but i don't think they are the ones saying we need to move to D1-AA. although, losing to Mcneese last year didn't help our cause.
    But that's exactly my point. You guys have been in the lead forever. but you're still scared to death of us. With good reason.

Despite Baton Rouge's much greater size and resources, Lafayette is kicking the Capital City's butt every which way from Sunday: culture, tourism, technology, economic development, community development, overall vision.

Well, hoss, Lafayette is run by UL alums.

BR is run by State alums.

If UL alums can beat out State alums in competitions involving whole cities, then we can most certainly do it at the much smaller level of the university.

Correction: We are doing it to you.

Despite your much greater funding, your academics are looking iffy. Your College of Education was put on probation at their last certification review; your undergraduate program in Computer Science is currently on probation. And those are the only two that I know anything about. I'm thinking about spending some time in Middleton Library, looking at other reviews.

Meanwhile, review team after review team pass through UL, and are stunned at how fast we're moving, and how strong our programs are. We don't just pass all of them; we pass them with highest marks.

That's academics. What about athletics?

Interesting question. Was softball a fluke? Or was it just the first domino? We'll see.

You guys are paranoid. again, with good reason.

The paper tiger is crumbling in the heat.

I also start college here this year, I'm so pumped. Can't wait for football!!!

Geaux Cajuns _
    CAJUNryan4 did your Dad go to U(s)L?

Oh I know where you sit. This is Gerry btw.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ CAJUNryan4 did your Dad go to U(s)L? _
    mine went to SLI. Just in case you were fixin to ax. My momma grew up in Upper Lafayettemais she gradgeate from dat SLI too.

@USM L
    @ILL L
    Kent St W
    @KSU L
    @ULM L
    @NT W
    ASU L
    FIU W
    UTEP L
    @FAU L
    @Troy L
    MT L

3-9 is my most realistic prediction. Going with hope 6-6.
    Sure hope I am wrong.

GEAUX UL!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ mine went to SLI. Just in case you were fixin to ax. My momma grew up in Upper Lafayettemais she gradgeate from dat SLI too. _
    Was she a member of that upper Lafayette social club.the Moss Street Mafia?

Heart says 7-5
    brain says 5-7

The time is now. For so long the economy of the state was so depressed that it was dog eat dog and LSU had and has the political connections to win that kind of fight. But the state has money now, and as stated earlier Lafayette is in THE city to be in in Louisiana. If we can get just a little of the neveau riche oilfield business owners to kick in some real money, we could compete with any schoolI'm really suprised no one or no group has taken the opportunity to be UL's Boone Pickens. Maybe not at the same level, but there is some serious money passing through Lafayette right now. We should be able to develop a decent athletic program (legally, of course).

LSU represents all that is wrong with Louisiana's past. Corrupt political backroom dealings, racism, elitismhell their biggest benefactor was one of the most corrupt politicians in history. We have an opportunity to represent the NEW louisiana. Jindal's louisiana. The first school in the deep south to integrate. The first major basketball program in the deep south to integrate. Making do with less forever. We have a lot to be proud of, that doesn't include 2 loss national titles. We just need that "push". The potential is unreal.

Soapbox vacated

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Well, hoss, Lafayette is run by UL alums.

BR is run by State alums.

That's academics. What about athletics?

Interesting question. Was softball a fluke? Or was it just the first domino? We'll see.

not to burst your bubble, but i have been doing business in the acadiana area for almost 20 years. you would be surprised at how many CEO's in lafayette are from LSU. it is hard to say that lafayette is run by UL alums.

don't know anything about the reviews. do know that the UL business school wasn't accredited until 1999, or so.

lastly, i don't think softball was a fluke. the team has been there before, and will be there again. but look how long this program has been playing, whereas a school with funding like the florida gators has only been playing a handful of years and is fielding a very competitive team already.

it is amazing what money can do for a universities athletic program, which is why the RCAF needs to work towards raising the budget past a measly $10 million.

UL Football Re: Season Predictions

Eight & Four

We've got a strong offense & will end up winning several games in the neighborhood of 45-38. The difference will be the experience of Mike D.

Page 16 of 222 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information