Page 160 of 222 FirstFirst . 150 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 170 . LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Slow progress. Rivals 1-120

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ 106. OK, but how the ______ does FIU rate being #82!?? _
    Don't sweat it, all should be sorted out in two weeks.

Default Re: SuperFenroy

my version

3. UL Football WELL-EARNED DOWN TIME: UL gets bye week

UL's second open week of the football season appears to be coming at the perfect time.

The biggest benefit could come in the return of quarterback Mike Desormeaux for a Nov. 1 homecoming game against Florida International, which is also idle this week, at Cajun Field. The senior missed last week's 28-23 comeback win over Arkansas State after being listed as questionable with a sprained right knee suffered one week earlier against North Texas.

"We're going to do some rehab stuff this week and see how he responds to it," UL coach Rickey Bustle said. "Right now, we feel like he'll be ready in two weeks."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 21, 2008

4. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns Still Rank

The Cajuns still lead the nation in rushing yards (2,182) and rushing yards per game (311.71), are eighth in total offensive yards per game (498.29) and 20th in points scored per game (35.71).

In rushing yards per game, running back Tyrell Fenroy and quarterback Mike Desormeaux are fifth (138.57) and 10th (118) in the nation. Wide receiver Jason Chery is fifth in all-purpose yards per game (178.29).

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 21, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

I am wondering if those USM fans are still giddy about tossing out a guy who took them to bowl after bowl. Any bowl for the Squawking Eagles is looking pretty bleak right now.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ I am wondering if those USM fans are still giddy about tossing out a guy who took them to bowl after bowl. Any bowl for the Squacking Eagles is looking pretty bleak right now. _
    That, and not moving our(hurricane) game up so they could show off their palatial estate to the throngs. Karma is a beotch.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    I am wondering if those USM fans are still giddy about tossing out a guy who took them to bowl after bowl. Any bowl for the Squawking Eagles is looking pretty bleak right now. _
    That and their superior "scheduling philosophy" which apparanlty precludes a future series with an up and coming program like ours. All I have to say is best of luck. LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ That and their superior "scheduling philosophy" which apparanlty precludes a future series with an up and coming program like ours. All I have to say is best of luck. LOL!!!! _
    But they did get that fantastic home and home with La Tech and those traveling blue tarps.

Default Re: Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ 2005: If the Sun Belt hadn't eliminated ULM from SB championship consideration UL would have been in the New Orleans bowl.

igeaux.mobi _
    How did that work out? I remember in '05 UL needing somebody to lose, that team did not lose, and so UL did not go to the New Orleans Bowl.

It seems a tie-breaker was lost out somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    _ But they did get that fantastic home and home with La Tech and those traveling blue tarps. _

LOL!!!. Yep, that's "elite" alright.

UL Football Tyrell Fenroy needs 718 rushing yards

Tyrell needs 718 rushing yards to pass up George Rogers to be listed 9 on the All-time leading rusher and needs if I am not mistaking 300Plus yards to break the singal season record. Lets Go UL and keep it up Fenroy

Default Re: Tyrell Fenroy needs 718 rushing yards

he can do it. He can do it all
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    _ How did that work out? I remember in '05 UL needing somebody to lose, that team did not lose, and so UL did not go to the New Orleans Bowl.

It seems a tie-breaker was lost out somewhere. _
    Going into the season finale that year, ULM led the league with one loss, while ASU and UL had two losses.

We all thought that a Cajun win would, at worst, forge a three way tie and the NO bowl would pick the representative.

But, because of a loss to Northwestern State earlier in the season, a UL win over ULM would put ULM at 5-6, therefore ruling them ineligible for a bowl.

That meant that we needed to beat ULM, AND have ASU lose to North Texas in order to get the bid, as we would lose a head to head tiebreaker with ASU.

ASU scored very late to win the game. We won a share of the championship but lost out on the bowl.

14. Default Re: Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

It seems a tie-breaker was lost out somewhere.
    In 2005 the Sun Belt regular season created a 3-way tie for the Sun Belt Title. Each team had the same Sun Belt record and the 3 teams involved had overlapping victories. UL beat ULM, ULM beat ASU, and ASU beat UL.

Fact is you do not have to be bowl eligible to be Sun Belt Champion. "You do not have to be bowl eligible to be Sun Belt Champion." Still, that didn't stop them from skipping over all possible 3-way tie breakers. They looked at the ending before considering the beginning.

Chronologically you determine a Conference Champion and normally they waltz into a particular bowl game. Instead they backwards engineered the bowl representative by 1st looking at the ultimate goal (a bowl game)

Because ULM was not bowl eligible the Sunbelt created a FAKE 2-way tie to determine the Sun Belt Champ the Sun Belt's mistake was in determining a Bowl representative BEFORE they determined a Sun Belt Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ It is bigger that Houston. It puts on track for the New Orleans bowl. Arkie State has a good team but our boys found a way to win. _
    I was at that Houston win and this past win against Ark. st. and both were tremendous wins, but did not have the high stakes needed to be a Big Win!. I believe the Biggest Win of the Bustle era has not come yet, but could be this year!

Geaux UL!

Thread Information