Page 151 of 222 FirstFirst . 141 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 161 . LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    I wouldn't bet the farm on this defense quite yet.

From what I saw in the game (and being a football coach myself, I believe that I can speak from an educated point of view), the individual talent is there, but the playcalling seems to be lacking. Over and over ASU went to trips on one side, UL stayed in Zone coverage. then got beat over and over with flood routes. usually 2 guys getting beat by 3 or 4.

When UL went to man2man late in the game, it allowed the athletes on the team to make big plays. You saw DBs knocking down passes, and the qb getting pressured because of coverage.

So what I'd like to see is bring in an extra DB, go man2man, and blitz all day. sure, you'll get beat long once or twice a game, but you'll also keep pressure on the qb and keep him on his butt all day long.
    Well, you and I don't know as much about it as we think we do.

From what I gathered from coaches' comments, we had to pick our poison. As Brown noted last week, their top receiver was averaging 2 catches a game. They're a running program. So we looked to contain their running game, and dared them to pass. That's why we rarely rushed more than 4.

What we didn't expect, is that their passing game would step up.

But we stuck with our game plan, and the score shows that we picked the right poison.

2. Default Re: Condolences on the (d)EARLY Departed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_C View Post

We might even go back and catch the homecoming game.
    Hey Dwayne_C glad you were at the game.

I would say you gave a balanced report. The offense is deceptive to say the least and yes it is different with Desormeaux in.

How this offense has 11 TD's from over 50 yards away and the top-10 (10 teams) had only one (going into yesterday) I will never know.

Perhaps the UL offense lulls the opponent to sleep and when they mentally leave the game . . . BAM.

ps side note: it's not to bad getting out after the game is over.

Default Re: Shame on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by srevere51 View Post
    The most incredible thing about tonight was how they battled back. This game has to be one of the best finishes I have seen Besides Houston.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I was thinking that overall this is our best win since U-Hou
    in '06.

Default Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I was thinking that overall this is our best win since U-Hou
    in '06. _
    It is bigger that Houston. It puts on track for the New Orleans bowl. Arkie State has a good team but our boys found a way to win.

Default Re: Shame on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    I was thinking that overall this is our best win since U-Hou
    in '06.
    Well, it's like Bustle said in the paper, there's been no well-defined turning point.

When we beat UH, at the time I thought that this was bigger than just a game. the team stepped up. We were on the road, against a very good UH team (remember, they took CUSA), and we battled our way out of a deep hole.

That was a level of character we hadn't seen since the Mitchell days; I thought then, and I do now, that that victory was a big part of changing the players' mindset. So even though it was 2 years ago, I think that the UH win played a role in last night's victory.

The leadership of Jerry Babb and his teammates still serves us, as I hope that the leadership of Desmo, T-Train, and the other seniors will continue to serve us in the upcoming years.

Default Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

Someone mentioned Houston. I think this is much bigger. Perhaps his biggest is yet to come?

Default Re: Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

I will say this is the biggest conference win of the Bustle era. Houston was the biggest OOC win.

Also I think this was the biggest home victory of the Bustle era because we were finally able to capitalize on the momentum created the previous 5 games.

Default Re: Starting to feel like a special team.

I am on the fence. We need the bye week to get players healthy, if that is possible this year . . BUT I dont like the momentum breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ I am on the fence. We need the bye week to get players healthy, if that is possible this year . . BUT I dont like the momentum breaker. _
    I'm glad we are playing FIU and not Troy after the break. Experience has taught me that schools don't do to well after an off weak but we need time to heal and gel. I like our chances against the FLA schools and then having Troy well we will see what we are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BYE WEEK!
    _
    The only thing to fear is fear itself, and maybe the Z man.

Default Re: Tis the night for Bustle and the Cajuns to take the great leap!

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ This was my best UL football experience of my life.

The weather was perfect, the crowd was loud, the game was AWESOME!, and the outcome was in our favor!

Great Day!

Great Win!

Geaux Cajuns! _
    I agree, it was easily the most enjoyable Cajun game I've ever been to (including TAMU). The perfect weather, intense play by UL, and much improved game logistics made it great. Oh yea, and the win.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ The only thing to fear is fear itself, and maybe the Z man.

_
    My width is only exceeded by my good looks, my man!!! It was an honor to be in the presence of greatness yesterday.even if it was only for a brief few minutes! Thanks for having me!

Z

Default Re: Biggest Win of the Bustle era?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Someone mentioned Houston. I think this is much bigger. Perhaps his biggest is yet to come? _
    I also have to agree. We have business to take care of with FIU first and of course FAU, BUT

I think the Troy game could be the biggest!

Last year we were horrible on 3rd down. That has probably been our single biggest improvement on D this year.

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    Hat's off to the D for holding ASU to under 29% on 3rd down conversions, and to the O for converting 53% of the time.AWESOME!
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I'm glad we are playing FIU and not Troy after the break. Experience has taught me that schools don't do to well after an off weak but we need time to heal and gel. I like our chances against the FLA schools and then having Troy well we will see what we are made of. _
    At the beginning of the season I think most of us had pencilled in FIU as a win. But they have really started to click and I'm not so sure we can put this one in the automatic win column. While I agree with the other post about disrupting the momentum I think this off week comes at a good time as far as getting players healthy.

Thread Information