Page 150 of 222 FirstFirst . 140 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 160 . LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: TE in the flats??????

I didn't see this thread until just now. correct. very bad play for a RS Fresh QB to pull off. It requires a great deal of field feel and game time speed recognition. You do not allow. I didn't say advise or option. you do not ALLOW an inexperienced QB to have the option of a route runner in the flats like that. It was unnecessary. I will bet any amount anyone wants to waiger that if we have Brad back in sometime this year. he will not be tossing one in the flats. That play will not be seen, this year, by Brad, Chris or any other young QB.

MD probably has the feel for when/if to pull that trigger in the flats. but it should never be included unless there are matchup miscues on defense or we are down and are trying anything to get moving on offense. It may have a big play upside. but it is the death blow pick 6 of all pass plays.

Great win. good stuff. tremendous defense. lots of fun at Cajun Field!

2. Default Re: TE in the flats??????

The secret to no interceptions in the flats is the receiver coming back to the ball just like the defender has to do to make the int.

Coming back to the ball does two things it puts him motion to have a big turn up field and it always prevents the interception. If the defender goes for the pick an aggressive receiver might even create a pass interference call.

This idea was once conveyed to me by a receivers coach.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I didn't see this thread until just now. correct. very bad play for a RS Fresh QB to pull off. It requires a great deal of field feel and game time speed recognition. You do not allow. I didn't say advise or option. you do not ALLOW an inexperienced QB to have the option of a route runner in the flats like that. It was unnecessary. I will bet any amount anyone wants to waiger that if we have Brad back in sometime this year. he will not be tossing one in the flats. That play will not be seen, this year, by Brad, Chris or any other young QB.

MD probably has the feel for when/if to pull that trigger in the flats. but it should never be included unless there are matchup miscues on defense or we are down and are trying anything to get moving on offense. It may have a big play upside. but it is the death blow pick 6 of all pass plays.

Great win. good stuff. tremendous defense. lots of fun at Cajun Field! _
    Ya'll need to come spend more time with us in two weeks. Drag "the brick" out earlier, bring a few chairs and we are set.
    That Cajun wrap thingy was excellent.

Z

Default Re: Starting to feel like a special team.

Not sure why the fear of the open week. To me it comes at a great time. Enjoy the big win Get Des healthy. I think it is GREAT timing

This is so COOL Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Anyone here coming to the realization that the much maligned 2008 recruiting class might be the most "underrated" in UL history?
    Come on, NO 3, 4, 5 star players?

Look at the guys having to contribute. Hopefully 2009 can have as many great kids a
    as the Scout #108 rated class had!!!!

http://louisiana.scout.com/a.z?s=345&p=9&c=14&yr=2008
    Of all the threads and posts I've been reading both this morning and over the past few weeks, this is the most interesting. I, for one, felt we had definitely upgraded our talent level. But I guess I still had doubts when I would see and hear so many contrary thoughts. Here's for hoping for another #108 rated class again this year!!

Default Re: Shame on the early departed!!!

They missed a huge moment in Cajun history Their problem

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Ya'll need to come spend more time with us in two weeks. Drag "the brick" out earlier, bring a few chairs and we are set.
    That Cajun wrap thingy was excellent.

Z _
    Will do and thanks for the invite. Brick's littlest had a birthday party yesterday, so we couldn't get to Cajun Field, again, before 3:30. See you in 2 weeks Z!

8. Default Re: My Game Thoughts!

And yet through it all we now have the story of "Cook and the Conn Man"

Default Re: It's Official.

I wouldn't bet the farm on this defense quite yet.

From what I saw in the game (and being a football coach myself, I believe that I can speak from an educated point of view), the individual talent is there, but the playcalling seems to be lacking. Over and over ASU went to trips on one side, UL stayed in Zone coverage. then got beat over and over with flood routes. usually 2 guys getting beat by 3 or 4.

When UL went to man2man late in the game, it allowed the athletes on the team to make big plays. You saw DBs knocking down passes, and the qb getting pressured because of coverage.

So what I'd like to see is bring in an extra DB, go man2man, and blitz all day. sure, you'll get beat long once or twice a game, but you'll also keep pressure on the qb and keep him on his butt all day long.

Default Re: Tis the night for Bustle and the Cajuns to take the great leap!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ And though it wasn't pretty. Your posts tells it all. Winners find a way to win. _
    They really did. I must admit I lost my faith there down by 9 but they found a way to win.

Default Re: Shame on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Welcome new cajun fans!!!! _
    Speaking of welcoming new cajuns fans, I really liked how our PA guy made it a point to welcome all the new and first time cajun fans to the game. Classy move (smart one too).

God Bless

GEAUX LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUN FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Condolences on the (d)EARLY Departed!!!

After not going to a ULL game in probably 20 years, my son and I went last night. No, I am not a band wagon jumper or a fair weather fan. We had been talking about catching a game and finally decided to go. Cajuns being 2-0 in conference play and hearing all the hype around Fenroy was a motivating factor. I too was surprised that only 26,000 folks showed up. In fact at 3:30 that afternoon, I went online to ticketmaster and was shocked to find out that I could get two tickets in section D1 on the first row. Generally, I like to sit higher in the stands and in fact, after half time, we stood along the railing on the concourse. And yes, we left after the last interception and missed the very best part of the game. Shame on us. I watch a lot of football and have one thing to say about the Cajun's offense. It is boring. There, I said it! Other than the reverse half back pass, (and the defensive coach screaming curse words at the o-line and then punching the white board, cutting is hand) I could have really gone to sleep watching this game. Of course with Desormeaux being out, that may have watered down their offense but geez, how about a little more play action or a few more sweeps? How in the heck Fenroy has tallied up so many yards in beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying their offense does not work or is incapable of moving the ball. It is just boring to watch, well at least last nights game was. I also missed the last seven minutes of the game which ended up being the very exciting part.

But they pulled off a victory when I had written this game off as a loss. Congrats to the entire team and staff. They hung in their and pulled off another win. I will catch another game when Desormeaux is back. one a side note, can somebody explain to me how the concessions managed to run out of hamburgers at the very beginning of half time? My son ate one earlier and said it was actually pretty good. Then the guy next to me shows up and sits down with mayo and Jack Miller’s sauce dripping from one. That was the point that I decided that I HAD to have one. Yes I was disappointed when I was told they were out! Next time, I will go before half time.

I also missed how nice Cajun Field really is. Easy to get to concessions and pretty comfortable chairs in section D1. There is much more of a family atmosphere than being at Tiger Stadium where it is difficult finding a seat and getting to concessions. Then again, the lack of 95,000 fans fighting their way around makes a difference. Watching the kids roll down the end zone hills and all the fans sitting on the ground was fun. A lot less stressful than a packed LSU game plus Judice Inn is right down the road which is where we were sitting listening to the end of the game. Yes, I was able to eat a great hamburger after all.

We might even go back and catch the homecoming game.

I'm all for the play to the TE on the misdirection. Where everyone goes right and he goes left.

The int for a TD last night and against Monroe were not that play. If the int's weren't made the TE catches it right on the line and goes out of bounds for 2 or 3 yards.

The misdirection play last night that was almost a pic would have worked had he not under thrown it. A little loft over the shoulder had that LB beat, and no one would have caught L. Green.

But yeah the misdirection play gives the TE plenty of room to cut up field.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    _ I'm all for the play to the TE on the misdirection. Where everyone goes right and he goes left.

The int for a TD last night and against Monroe were not that play. If the int's weren't made the TE catches it right on the line and goes out of bounds for 2 or 3 yards.

The misdirection play last night that was almost a pic would have worked had he not under thrown it. A little loft over the shoulder had that LB beat, and no one would have caught L. Green.

But yeah the misdirection play gives the TE plenty of room to cut up field. _
    Im a band jock.what do I know?

Z

Default Re: It's Official.

Anyone here coming to the realization that the much maligned 2008 recruiting class might be the most "underrated" in UL history?
    Come on, NO 3, 4, 5 star players?

Look at the guys having to contribute. Hopefully 2009 can have as many great kids a
    as the Scout #108 rated class had!!!!

http://louisiana.scout.com/a.z?s=345&p=9&c=14&yr=2008
    The coaches have been insisting that our recruiting classes have been much stronger than the national or local media reported.

This is one game (albeit a big one). FIU in two weeks, and they can't be happy after last night.

We still have 5 games left. I'm optimistic, but I don't consider any of them easy from here on out.

Thread Information