Page 147 of 222 FirstFirst . 137 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 157 . LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Well, you can't tell me you were that much more confident that we'd win with all of the injuries. Nobody that follows this team could tell me they fet extremely confident that we'd be in this position without 4 LB's. I truly didn't expect for us to win especially with a RS Freshman at QB but the D really stepped up and played well tonight. This team has great character! _
    I honestly was confident that we would win. I didn't think we would win this type of game only giving up 16 pts on defense but I did think we would win this. I felt something different with this team and didn't think they would except losing and that was the case.

UL Football Re: Shame on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I guess it a habit since I deal with LSU vs USC and Crackheads vs Coke on a daily basis. I just got on a kick trying to prove LSU fans wrong and they keep giving me more variables to compare them to USC. And it hasnt worked in their favor yet. I just like using number to prove my points. It gives me something to do in my free time.

igeaux.mobi
    You must have WAY TOO much free time then!

Default Re: Shame on you!!

I agree, working for the state gives me entirely 2 much free time. However, I have always been a numbers person because numbers prove my point most of the time.

igeaux.mobi

4. Default UL vs. ASU Final Play- Raw Video

I thought those of you who were not at the game tonight might like to see the video I took of the final play of the game. Oh, that's Max, my 9 year old nephew and a certified rabid Ragin Cajun fan, at the end of the video.

Default Re: It's Official.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Well, you can't tell me you were that much more confident that we'd win with all of the injuries. Nobody that follows this team could tell me they fet extremely confident that we'd be in this position without 4 LB's. I truly didn't expect for us to win especially with a RS Freshman at QB but the D really stepped up and played well tonight. This team has great character! _
    I'm with you Z, I was not overly confident going into this game. With the injuries on Defense, our starting QB out, I had a bad feeling about this game going in but wow! We played like the best team in the conference tonight. Best game I've been to in the Swamp since the A&M game. I'm still jazzed.

I was next to the tunnel after the game and Brad McGuire and Rickey Bustle hugged and both were crying and that pretty much sealed that it seems like we got that big game monkey off of our back. Rickey's got alot of negatives but you've got to give him credit for getting players, not kids on the field. I mean to have back up linebackers and a QB playing the way they did tonight. That's good recruiting. I don't think you can deny that. We are bigger, faster, and stronger than any Cajun team we've seen in the past 10-15 years. I got a chance to see some of these guys up close and they are men. period.

Default Re: UL vs. ASU Final Play- Raw Video

I was on the hill on that endzone and I was crapping my pants! haha

Just shows Brad McGuires character as a QB to throw a pick six with 7 min. left in the fourth to come back and lead the winning drive. He was on the field during pregame stretch pumping everyone up. He's young and has a long road but he's a leader, you can tell.

Default Re: TE in the flats??????

I was almost field level and ASU's D ends were TALL! I don't know why we were even trying that play not once but twice. With a frosh QB in a big game like this I thought they would call passing plays that he had the highest percentage of being successful. By calling those plays they weren't helping Brad's confidence by asking him to throw over a 6'12 D end to a 6'1 WR three yards away.

I wish we would have tried more passing plays over 5 yards. The kids got an arm, let him use it at least once or twice.

But hey we won! we've got a bye week to get healthy! and we are 3-0 in conf.! wow.

Default Re: Richie Falgout

I was ready to hang my head on that play thinking it was a unsuccessful end and around and he had what looked like 12 white jerseys on top of him. Then he threw it! what a play! It's one of those, it's a great play if it works, but terrible if it doesn't.

Default Re: Tis the night for Bustle and the Cajuns to take the great leap!

This was my best UL football experience of my life.

The weather was perfect, the crowd was loud, the game was AWESOME!, and the outcome was in our favor!

Great Day!

Great Win!

Geaux Cajuns!

Default My Game Thoughts!

Wow!!!!! Great game!!! We had so much going against us but still this team fought hard and pulled it out.

McGuire made mistakes like any freshman would going against a good defense but he stepped up and made big things happen when he needed to. I have to say after watching him tonight that he runs just like Jerry Babb. I don't think he will invite the hit like Desmo does but he made plays with his feet when he needed to and ran a pretty good zone read. He has a stronger arm than I thought he did as well but his passing skills will develop more with time.

Fenroywhat is there to say that hasn't been said he is amazing to watch and the only bad thing I see is that I won't be able to see him in vermilion and white next season.

The defense played their balls off tonight and I can't say enough good things about them. They held a pretty good offense to 16 pts tonight (i know they scored 23 but 7 was from the pick 6) Bentley and Auriene will be special corners for us in the future. ____ what am I saying they already are.

I was jacked this entire game but nothing compares to how jacked Cook and Davis were during and after the game. The intensity these 2 play with is incredible and I love watching them play.

There is so much more I would like to say but I am going to bed!

I blame myself for the way we played in the first 3 quarters. Every time I sit on the student side, we lose. So being the superstitious guy that I am, I felt it my responsibility to leave the game. I couldn't just go to the other side - I had to punish myself so that the team could prevail. I know, it sounds like rubbish, but I'm telling you, if I sit on the student side we lose. The reason I sat there tonight was because we took the middle school football team to see the game and that's where the tix were designated for. I couldn't be the reason that we would lose the game and potentially lose future cajun alumni. So I left at the end of the third - and i've never been so glad that I left a game early.

BTW - the kids stayed and from what I hear - we have about 20 new devoted cajun fans.

Default Re: My Game Thoughts!

Cook's definitely the most emotional player on the team. He's just as intense at practice as he is on game day.

Track & Field Re: My Game Thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ Cook's definitely the most emotional player on the team. He's just as intense at practice as he is on game day. _

As I have said before, Cook plays like his hair is on fire.

That is how championship defenses play!

Track & Field 3rd Conversions. ASU 4 of 14. UL 8 of 15.

Hat's off to the D for holding ASU to under 29% on 3rd down conversions, and to the O for converting 53% of the time.AWESOME!

Thread Information