Page 134 of 222 FirstFirst . 124 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 144 . LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Injury Details Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Desmo is a warrior and it will take a lot to keep him off the field Saturday! _
    Can we get this dude a hyperbaric chamber or something?

2. Default Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ THB, not mentally ready. Hurricane Gustav bearing down. If you recall lsu changed their game to 10 am.

S Miss refused to change the game time. Lots of uncertainty amongst our guys about how long to get back. I believe contra flow had been started by the time the game had ended. Lots of uncertainty about safety of family members in the path of the storm.

Not an excuse, just a fact. USM got to show off their shiny new palace, not one USM fan inconveniencedeverything peachy for them we got blown out.

Anyone got a different take on what happened?

Z _

Q: What is the most overused word that wasn't even in my vocabulary 10 years ago?

A: contraflow

contraflow, contraflow, contraflow, contraflow. I want to say it until your ears bleed.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleton View Post
    _ Q: What is the most overused phrase that wasn't even in my vocabulary 10 years ago?
    A: Main Street vs. Wall Street

Main Street vs. Wall StreetMain Street vs. Wall StreetMain Street vs. Wall Street

I preach it to every usm fan that I know - their new coach and administration was chicken____ not to move the game start time when a hurricane was bearing down on the central la. coast. Also that this would have been a very different game otherwise, I don't know what the outcome would have been, but distracted players make for poor players.
    Also, most of the usm fans that I know agree that this would have been a different game otherwise.

Default Re: Injury Details Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ So i gather everyone's gut feeling is that Dez starts? I hear "sprained knee" and think that at least puts him at limited playing time this weekend.

Anybody venture to compare Brad and Desormeaux? How big of a drop off are we gonna get here? Also, in ya'lls opinion, is the bigger concern Dez being injured, or our LB's being injured/kicked off team?

IMO, I'm more worried about Desormeaux being out because it's not like our defense was ever great even with those LB's, whereas there's no doubt that the Dez-Fenroy-Chery combo is truly exceptional. _
    It will hurt more to lose three of your top four LB'ers over losing Des, McGuire is not quite as explosive when he runs the ball as Des is, but he has a better arm and a little more accurate. He is also a leader and fiery competitor much like Jake was. The guys will play for him.

Losing what was considered the strength of your defense hurts. We play bend but don't break against UNT. We dominated ULM forcing 9 punts. We handled and explosive Illinois very well and Kansas State we were hosed with 5 ____ poor calls that led to 3 TD's. Kent State we dominated on defense again, the QB rushed for some yards but the RB's did not.

We will see truly how deep we are and how good we will be the rest of the year this weekend. The next three game are the most importent games for the Cajuns in over a decade. We win all three we become bowl eligible with three games remaining.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleton View Post
    _ Q: What is the most overused word that wasn't even in my vocabulary 10 years ago?

A: contraflow

contraflow, contraflow, contraflow, contraflow. I want to say it until your ears bleed. _
    Not 'Crackleton'?

7. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Question from Ark StAte fan

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Not 'Crackleton'? _

Know the name, bi*ch.

8. Default Re: Poor timing: Knee sprain may prevent Desormeaux from playing

He'll be ready to go. Mike is a soldier (sorry Winslow) and wouldn't miss one of the biggest games of his career as a Cajun unless absolutely necessary.

Default Re: Poor timing: Knee sprain may prevent Desormeaux from playing

dude is a stone cold warrior

however, would it be better to take our chances with the backup, and give mike the two weeks to heal.

it'll take some serious effort to keep him off the field, though.

If he can go, give him some corto and let him go. But if he's not as mobile I'm not sure if i'd play him, his escapability is what makes Mike, if he can't run, I'd hate to see him gt further injury. Ark. St. is a very physical team from what i've heard. If we have to go with McGuire then it is what it is. From the little i've seen of Mcguire he looked very comfortable in the office at the spring game, like Bustle said, his desicion making with make or break him. But if Mcguire does have to start, he needs to be put in a position to suceed, let him get comfortable in the game, then let him go.

Guess who is on the cover of the program this week

And it is a fantastic photo BTW

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
    _

_

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Not 'Crackleton'? _
    crackleton called you a b*tch.

Z

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ crackleton called you a b*tch.

Z _
    If he keeps it up, he'll have a Primetime Soup Bone coming his way.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Perhaps Bustle is messing with Arkie State?

Thread Information