Page 131 of 222 FirstFirst . 121 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 141 . LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: I have but one thing to say

They better ditch the do-it-yourself nachos at Cajun Field or else Im done.

Default Re: Opponent View: North Texas gives up record-setting day to Ragin’ Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRash View Post
    _ Fitgerald: "We stopped ourselves."

.whateva.

I think Chery just scoredagain!! _
    Must be related to Charlie Weatherbie.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ The team's 3-3 (2-0), have broken numbers of records over the last few weeks, have won 3 of the last 4, and their in a position to break things wide open this weekend.And STILL, somebody has something to complain about. Sometimes, I just don't know what to think. :-) _
    I can be an SOB sometimes!!!

Bring back the free lemonade refills!!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    I recall USL Nelson Stokley took his foot off the neck of the Tulane Green Heave many years ago, and what we got was them running up the score a few years later. I recall TAMU running a reverse on the last play of a game with them leading by a ton. I can recall lots of coaches doing that to us. The Old Ball Coach says he was simply runnin his offense. Others say it was up to us to stop them when we were getting killed. So I guess it matters not except to Coach Bustle. In the long run you are revered for winning and fired for losing regardless of what you do. That isas long as the school does not lose scholarships, or bowl money.
    I don't know which is the right way because I really wanted to see more scores but I remember Coach Stokley calling off the dogs in 1990 and I remember Tulittle, Tulimp, Tulane running it up on us vs. a Sam Roberston team about '84 in the Super Dome and bigtime on Stokley at Cajun Field in '98.

JMO, but I'm here to say at this time and at my age that I was proud of Coach Stokley in 1990 and I am proud of Coach Bustle for not doing it at ULM ('05 and '08) and not to Denton. I'm not sure I would have been able to do it their way.

5. Default Re: No doubt about it. 'Hogs' lead UL to wins

"Cajuns - also known as the "hogs"."

You guys do realize that "hogs" is a 4-letter word.

Geez guys, associate yourselves with winning, not losingand never with the most foul, disgusting animal in America. These animals are known to be afraid of every moving thing. They shy away from adversity. They lie. They steal. They'll cheat you just for the fact of getting away with it.

For the love of all things good, have some dignity.dump the swine reference.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: No doubt about it. 'Hogs' lead UL to wins

Quote Originally Posted by Fanof49ASU View Post
    _ "Cajuns - also known as the "hogs"."

Geez guys, associate yourselves with winning, not losingand never with the most foul, disgusting animal in America. These animals are known to be afraid of every moving thing. They shy away from adversity. They lie. They steal. They'll cheat you just for the fact of getting away with it.

For the love of all things good, have some dignity.dump the swine reference. _
    That's funny. I think you guys take it a lot more personal than we do.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ That's funny. I think you guys take it a lot more personal than we do. _
    They have an "lsu syndrome" of their own in SW Tenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ That's funny. I think you guys take it a lot more personal than we do. _
    You know how the folks in J'boro feel about swine types! Kinda like we feel about striped felines. That was a pretty good one though.

It's fun to be able to discuss the topic of this thread from our prespective this time versus being on the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    _ It's fun to be able to discuss the topic of this thread from our prespective this time versus being on the receiving end. _
    Yes it is!!

Z

11. Default Re: I have but one thing to say

Remember we want to get the Mean Green out of the last position in college football!!!!

"Cajuns - also known as the "hogs"."

For the love of all things good, have some dignity.dump the swine reference.
    But really good in a Cajun microwave.

_ "Cajuns - also known as the "hogs"."

For the love of all things good, have some dignity.dump the swine reference. _

They also plow huge holes for the conference's best running game and protect the QB! You have personal issues and that's OK. We have big lineman that open holes baby

14. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns continue scoring binge

DENTON, Texas - With the momentum building every week, UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux feels the bull's-eye on his back growing larger and larger.

"I think right now we have a target on us," Desormeaux said after Saturday's 59-30 win over North Texas. "We've been playing really well.

"I think every game people are coming out and gunning for us."

Fortunately, the Ragin' Cajuns (3-3 overall, 2-0 Sun Belt) have unloaded plenty of offensive ammo in the past four games.

UL lived up to its reputation as the nation's top rushing offense (331 yards per game) on Saturday by gaining 338 of its 590 yards on the ground. The Cajuns also set the program's modern-day scoring record in their highest-scoring effort since a 67-14 win over Corpus Christi in 1956.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 13, 2008

15. UL Football Cajuns continue to pile up offensive numbers

UL — Michael Desormeaux was among the walking wounded, with a bruised leg and a gimpy ankle on Saturday adding to the nagging injuries he'd picked up through the University of Louisiana’s first five games.

So why was the Ragin’ Cajuns quarterback smiling as he limped off of the artificial surface of North Texas’ Fouts Field Saturday night?

Another record-setting offensive performance in the Cajuns’ 59-30 win over the Mean Green helped. Desormeaux had his first’ three-touchdown game passing and was the game’s leading rusher with 123 yards, part of his personal 340-yard contribution.

But Desormeaux was also buoyed by UL (3-3, 2-0) showing itself and the rest of the Sun Belt Conference that it didn’t need tailback Tyrell Fenroy to put up big offensive numbers.

The rest of the story

By DAN MCDONALD
    Special to The Advocate

Thread Information