Page 130 of 222 FirstFirst . 120 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 140 . LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: I have but one thing to say

It was an awesome game. It was even better watching in person.

Props to our guys.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Not about reaching 60. Its about letting everyone share in the success you work so hard for every week.

IMHO

Z _

That's still not the point nor is it necessary. Not sure if you were involved in athletics but there is a time to show respect and sportsmanship to your opponents. This was hopefully instilled in many of us early on playing sports and should carry on to any level. Did you hear the fans cheering thanking us for not scoring on that play?I really don't care if others have done this to us in the past. This coach and his team never have and the game was obviously decided by a large margin. You show some class and take a knee. Masson will get a chance to "share in the success" later. By this logic, we could have just lined up in 5 WR sets and bombed it down the field and hoped we got lucky also.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ That's still not the point nor is it necessary. Not sure if you were involved in athletics but there is a time to show respect and sportsmanship to your opponents. This was hopefully instilled in many of us early on playing sports and should carry on to any level. Did you hear the fans cheering thanking us for not scoring on that play?I really don't care if others have done this to us in the past. This coach and his team never have and the game was obviously decided by a large margin. You show some class and take a knee. Masson will get a chance to "share in the success" later. By this logic, we could have just lined up in 5 WR sets and bombed it down the field and hoped we got lucky also. _
    I heard our guys in the stands yelling, "let the kid take it in!!!"

BTW, I was a band jock, and whenever my lip got tired.the guy that spelled me took it to the house any chance he could!

Track & Field Re: I have but one thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ I'm split down the middle. I wanted to see us reach 60+ points, but damn Bustle knows how losing feels. I am sure he did the right thing by taking the knee. It's a sign of respect if nothing else. We could have easily ended this with 66. _
    A hard call for me as well. While I would love to give all our guys their day of fame, as they have certainly paid their dues, I think Knute Rockne said it far better than I ever could.

"One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it." Knute Rockne

Scoring was certainly a priviledge we earned, not scoring was total class.

UL Football Re: I have but one thing to say

Has anyone thought about how the NTU defence felt about taking a knee three times. Just run the ball up the middle and have them try and stop you. You make it fine, if not their defence did the job and they felt good about themselves as well as their fans.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Let's face it. it was a nice position to be in.

I vote we did the right thing. I applaud the show of character. If we were on the 15 yard line and someone broke free and ran in. that is one thing. but once we had it in a goal line situation. just take a knee. Classy move to end a very nice win.

I hope we have this luxurious problem for every game here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Has anyone thought about how the NTU defence felt about taking a knee three times. Just run the ball up the middle and have them try and stop you. You make it fine, if not their defence did the job and they felt good about themselves as well as their fans. _
    I saw Ole Miss do that against Alabama years ago from about the 16 yard line, the clock was ticking down in the waning moments of a game that was won. The RB broke through the line, right up the middle, and seemed to slow down in confusion as if he hoped that someone would catch him. All to no avail, as nobody even pursued him. He had no choice but to jog half-heartedly into the end zone in total disbelief .

8. Default Masson knows he could have scored

I certainly would have gotten some kicks on Route to 66 . . .

But I have to tell you I'm feeling fine about scoring just 59 . . .

Every teams goal is to finish in the victory formation. It's not everyday we get to do it, we needed the practice.

You see what a nice thread this will be to carry us thru the week!!!!

I have a 7 hr drive ahead of me. See ya'll this evening.

Z

Ragin' Cajuns Re: I have but one thing to say

_ Dear Coach Bustle, everyone of us here is totally pumped and excited about the transformation this team has made this year.

We only ask one thing of you, sir. When one of our younger players has a chance to shine in a game. please do not rein him in.

Mike goes down, McGuire comes in, and does an excellent job leading the Cajuns up and down the field. Young Masson comes in, he deserves that touchdown, sir.

Your 3rd teamers work just as hard as anyone else on the team. They deserve all the fruits that go along with that hard work.

I think an injustice was done making the young man take a knee at the end.

Z _
    I'm glad you made this statement last week. This week you need to stay positive. LOL.

By the way. I was a little concerned that we had 667 yards and ONLY 44 pnt then 520 something and only 37 pnts and the big one 728 yards and only 44 pnts. But I feel alot better now. 59 pnts 590 yards sounds about right.

Default Re: Chery picking

Credit: Daily Advertiser

Default Re: Opponent View: North Texas gives up record-setting day to Ragin’ Cajuns

Fitgerald: "We stopped ourselves."

.whateva.

I think Chery just scoredagain!!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ Dear Coach Bustle, everyone of us here is totally pumped and excited about the transformation this team has made this year.

We only ask one thing of you, sir. When one of our younger players has a chance to shine in a game. please do not rein him in.

Mike goes down, McGuire comes in, and does an excellent job leading the Cajuns up and down the field. Young Masson comes in, he deserves that touchdown, sir.

Your 3rd teamers work just as hard as anyone else on the team. They deserve all the fruits that go along with that hard work.

I think an injustice was done making the young man take a knee at the end.

Z _
    The team's 3-3 (2-0), have broken numbers of records over the last few weeks, have won 3 of the last 4, and their in a position to break things wide open this weekend.And STILL, somebody has something to complain about. Sometimes, I just don't know what to think. :-)

Thread Information