Page 125 of 222 FirstFirst . 115 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 135 . LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns surviving opening stretch

The challenge became apparent for UL when its schedule was released back in the spring.

Coming off a 3-9 campaign, the Ragin' Cajuns would open the 2008 season with five of their first six games on the road. It was a setup that could have buried the program before getting into the heart of Sun Belt play.

It ends up UL (2-3 overall, 1-0 Sun Belt) has survived that challenge with one game left - Saturday's 6 p.m. contest at North Texas (0-5, 0-1) - in that horrid stretch.

After a 51-21 loss at Southern Miss to open the season, the Cajuns lost by a combined 11 points on the road to Illinois and Kansas State. Sandwiched between those losses was a 44-27 win over Kent State on Sept. 20 at Cajun Field in which UL set a school record with 667 yards of total offense.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 7, 2008

Default Quarterback Club is up

Yesterday's Quarterback Club notes are up.

We won't be updating ultoday.com too much the next few days, we're learning a new software platform, Drupal for you techies.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Quarterback Club is up

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Yesterday's Quarterback Club notes are up.

We won't be updating ultoday.com too much the next few days, we're learning a new software platform, Drupal for you techies.

_
    I aint no techie, but good luck with the update, Fun.

4. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns take historic step for program

hello to all my friends in the cajun nation. it's been a while since i made my presence known here, but i wanted to drop in and say congratulations! i always enjoy hearing about THE University of Louisiana playing well. I am a Fenroy fan, the kid is a great player and one I always dread having to see play against my Trojans. I'm looking forward to our game this season. Unfortunantly, I won't be able to make it because of my best friend's wedding, but i'm certain it will be close.

If you aren't busy tonight, we're playing FAU on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. central. As most of you know, those jerks beat us last season and we got screwed out of a bowl. It's time for payback. So make sure to watch if you can and pull for the Trojans! I'll keep pulling for your Cajuns, until you play us of course, and hopefully we can both make a bowl this season.

Go Troy!
    Go Belt!

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns take historic step for program

This should be a good game. Best of luck to Troy

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Ooooooh, he mentioned the New Orleans Bowl. Oooooh, shame on him.

What the heck, let's get ourselves really lathered up while the Cajuns tend to business in Denton and then we can come out in multiples of a thousand to see the Arkie State Lugaroo-rouge game. Ya' darned tootin' we will.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    _ hello to all my friends in the cajun nation. it's been a while since i made my presence known here, but i wanted to drop in and say congratulations! i always enjoy hearing about THE University of Louisiana playing well. I am a Fenroy fan, the kid is a great player and one I always dread having to see play against my Trojans. I'm looking forward to our game this season. Unfortunantly, I won't be able to make it because of my best friend's wedding, but i'm certain it will be close.

If you aren't busy tonight, we're playing FAU on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. central. As most of you know, those jerks beat us last season and we got screwed out of a bowl. It's time for payback. So make sure to watch if you can and pull for the Trojans! I'll keep pulling for your Cajuns, until you play us of course, and hopefully we can both make a bowl this season.

Go Troy!
    Go Belt! _

Thanks, best of luck tonight.

Z

Default Football Scoop.com

9. UL Football No doubt about it. 'Hogs' lead UL to wins

While running back Tyrell Fenroy, quarterback Mike Desormeaux and wide receiver Jason Chery usually grab most of the headlines for UL, the seniors recognize the fact they're responsible for only part of their success.

"You can't deny guys like Fenroy and Chery make a lot of things happen, but the work is done up front," Desormeaux said. "You wouldn't be able to make the frequent number of big plays without a good offensive line."

So let's meet the five starters up front for the Ragin'

Cajuns - also known as the "Hogs".

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 8, 2008

10. UL Football Opponent View: UNT coach wants more consistency

DENTON — If North Texas coach Todd Dodge has plans this week to alter the quarterback position at all, it didn’t sound like it Tuesday. If Giovanni Vizza again tries to will himself to first downs, things could change suddenly.

"I’d prefer him not take the unnecessary hits," Dodge said of Vizza, who returned two plays after a hard shot to the helmet in Saturday’s 42-10 loss to Florida International. "He came back because he could answer the questions I asked him."

Vizza’s six interceptions this season have come in the last two games. Dodge said Tuesday those six picks resulted from not only poor throws or reads, but bad luck, such as a fallen receiver, or good defensive plays Vizza couldn’t control.

The rest of the story

By TROY PHILLIPS
    tphillips@star-telegram.com

11. UL Football Opponent View: UNT hits scoring drought

Throughout his career as a coach on both the high school and college levels, there haven't been too many times when North Texas head coach Todd Dodge has watched his offense struggle.

The Mean Green is hoping the latest blip on the radar will come to an end on Saturday when UNT faces Louisiana-Lafayette at Fouts Field. UNT comes into its game against the Ragin' Cajuns averaging 13 points a game and has scored just one touchdown in its last six quarters.

UNT was shut out in the second half of its 77-20 loss to Rice and then scored its only touchdown in a 42-10 loss to Florida International when its backups, including quarterback Nathan Tune, were in the game.

"We have committed penalties and there is a whole lot of us not executing in critical situations," Dodge said. "The best we have been on third downs was last week. We have emphasized third and medium."

The rest of the story

By Brett Vito / Staff Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    _ hello to all my friends in the cajun nation. it's been a while since i made my presence known here, but i wanted to drop in and say congratulations! i always enjoy hearing about THE University of Louisiana playing well. I am a Fenroy fan, the kid is a great player and one I always dread having to see play against my Trojans. I'm looking forward to our game this season. Unfortunantly, I won't be able to make it because of my best friend's wedding, but i'm certain it will be close.

Go Troy!
    Go Belt! _

Dude, don't you know any better? How are you friends with someone who gets married on a home game evening? That's insane!!!!! J/k

Troy is for real. All of this talk about FAU in the preseason made me laugh. I thought that this year would be that overrated year for them since they got all of the breaks last year and did play well but kind of got lucky in some of their wins. I think that Troy's talent level is just a notch above everyone else's in the belt which to me, puts them as favorites just about any year. That D is fast and physical and Hampton is much quicker than I thought he'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Dude, don't you know any better? How are you friends with someone who gets married on a home game evening? That's insane!!!!! J/k

Troy is for real. All of this talk about FAU in the preseason made me laugh. I thought that this year would be that overrated year for them since they got all of the breaks last year and did play well but kind of got lucky in some of their wins. I think that Troy's talent level is just a notch above everyone else's in the belt which to me, puts them as favorites just about any year. That D is fast and physical and Hampton is much quicker than I thought he'd be. _
    I want to say I made a post before the season started saying this samething and you were one who agreed with me. I guess we are pretty smart

Is Troys QB ok? I saw he was hurt last night but didn't hang around to see how it turned out.

15. Default Re: Opponent View: UNT coach wants more consistency

I found this on a UNT Blog

"UNT head coach Todd Dodge said today that he is thinking about moving Eddrick Gilmore inside to defensive tackle at times in the Mean Green's game against Louisiana-Lafayette this week. UNT will be without tackles Joseph Miller and Charlie Brown, which could spell trouble against the Ragin' Cajuns running game that is cranking out 300 yards a game." LINK

Thread Information