Page 124 of 222 FirstFirst . 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 134 . LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default UL offense puts up effort for record books

UL — On arguably the greatest evening of offensive football in University of Louisiana history, Tyrell Fenroy was genuinely more excited about getting a victory than the way it was obtained.

“We lost a lot of close conference games last year,” said Fenroy Saturday, only minutes after leading the Ragin’ Cajuns to a 44-35 win over ULM in the Sun Belt Conference opener for both teams. “We knew we could pull it off, and we came here and played all four quarters.”

It was four pretty amazing quarters, actually. The Cajuns put up a staggering 728 yards in total offense and 556 rush yards against the host Warhawks, both school records by wide margins.

The rest of the story

By DAN MCDONALD
    Special to The Advocate

2. Default Fenroy Getting National Notice

MONROE - The national recognition started flowing in for UL's Tyrell Fenroy after a record-setting performance in Saturday's 44-35 win over ULM.

Fenroy was named the national offensive player of the week on Sunday by the Walter Camp Football Foundation after rushing for a school-record 297 yards and tying a personal best with three touchdown runs. On Saturday night, Fenroy received a helmet sticker during ESPN's College GameDay Final from analyst Rece Davis.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 6, 2008

3. Default UL offense enjoys dominance

MONROE - Two near upsets of major BCS conference schools encouraged UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux with the start of Sun Belt play looming.

But four games into the season, the Ragin' Cajuns had only one win - a 44-27 blowout over Kent State on Sept. 20 at Cajun Field.

The three losses came on the road to Southern Miss (51-21), Illinois (20-17) and Kansas State (45-37).

That's what made UL's 44-35 win over ULM even more important. The first win in the series for the Cajuns since 2005 proved that those two losses by a combined 11 points to Illinois and Kansas State were far from a fluke and got them off to an explosive start in league play.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 6, 2008

Default Re: UL offense enjoys dominance

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    "Tonight, things that would hurt us in the past, the adversity, we got past that. We kept our heads up and kept playing - kept playing with heart and overcoming those things." - T. Fenroy

What an awesome quote.

5. Default Re: Fenroy Getting National Notice

17 carries
    4.47 yards per carry
    76 yards gained.

That alone would have been a good night for most running backs.

I am so glad Tyrell got those extra 3 touches.

igeaux.mobi

6. Default Re: Fenroy Getting National Notice

Default ULM Attendance

I don't get into bashing ULM too much, they have troubles of their own in North Louisiana.

And I don't get into rubbing it in after a win.

But THIS is 21,000, the 7th largest crowd in ULM history? Sheesh.

This is from my cell phone, so it's not the best. But I did a quick head count and extrapolated at the game, there can't be 2,000 people on the home side.

And I KNOW we didn't have 19,000 on the visitors side. I would bet the Cajuns brought 1000 or 1500. So maybe there were 3,000 on the visitors side.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default whoaa

imagine my surprise to see myself in that number about row 6 far left standing with all my friends,, (grins)

that's the kind of (close-up) pictures i like of myself now-a-days (smiling)

Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Default Re: ULM Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ I don't get into bashing ULM too much, they have troubles of their own in North Louisiana.

This is from my cell phone, so it's not the best. But I did a quick head count and extrapolated at the game, there can't be 2,000 people on the home side.

And I KNOW we didn't have 19,000 on the visitors side. I would bet the Cajuns brought 1000 or 1500. So maybe there were 3,000 on the visitors side. _
    Hey Fun your greenies had a pretty good crowd it was full from the open horseshoe end to about where the turn begins---I'd say 18-20k in I think a 26 k stadium----Army killed them--I was shocked---no crowd support!!!!

Default Re: ULM Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ I don't get into bashing ULM too much, they have troubles of their own in North Louisiana.

And I KNOW we didn't have 19,000 on the visitors side. I would bet the Cajuns brought 1000 or 1500. So maybe there were 3,000 on the visitors side. _
    There was more people than that on that side. Where are the teams? Did you take this at halftime?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ imagine my surprise to see myself in that number about row 6 far left standing with all my friends,, (grins)

that's the kind of (close-up) pictures i like of myself now-a-days (smiling) _
    Man, you don't look that tall in person!!

Default Re: whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Man, you don't look that tall in person!!
    no kidding.

aaarrrggghhh. them "darn" saints

ps. special guest on the snote tomorrow

Taylor Mehlhaff
    Height: 5-10 Weight: 184 Age: 23
    Born: 8/25/1985
    College: Wisconsin
    Experience: 0 Season

-----------------------
    Career Stats: this player does not have any statistics.

pss. after tonight we can ask. why not?

Default Re: whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ imagine my surprise to see myself in that number about row 6 far left standing with all my friends,, (grins)

that's the kind of (close-up) pictures i like of myself now-a-days (smiling) _
    C'mon Bil, you really did not need to wear overalls to the game just because it was in Monroe.

14. UL Football Brutal 4 out of 5 Road Swing ends this weekend at UNT

UL - Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns conclude a three game road swing Saturday as they visit Fouts Field in Denton, Texas, to meet North Texas' Mean Green at 6 p.m. The Cajuns (2-3) will look to improve to 2-0 in Sun Belt Conference play.

Louisiana is coming off the best offensive showing in school history. Last Saturday at ULM, the Cajuns set the school record for totral offense for the second time in three weeks tallying 728 yards of offense in the 44-35 victory. The team also set the record for rushing yards with 556 yards on the ground.

UL enters this week ranked first in the nation in rushing offense (331.0 ypg). The team is also ranked eighth in total offense (517.0 ypg).

Tyrell Fenroy had career night with 297 yards on the ground and three touchdowns. Fenroy needs only 30 yards to pass North Texas' Patrick Cobbs to become the Sun Belt's all-time leading rusher. He is 250 yards away from becoming just the seventh player in NCAA history with four 1,000 yard rushing seasons.

Fenroy’s career night earned him his second consecutive SBC player of the week award. Fenroy was also named Walter Camp Football Foundation Bowl Subdivision Offensive Player of the Week.

Jason Chery earned the SBC special team’s player of the week award. Chery amassed 318 all-purpose yards. The senior wide reciever had 92 yards on two rushes and one touchdown, 96 yards receiving on six receptions and one touchdown and 130 yards on kickoffs at ULM.

The Cajuns coaching staff announced their weekly award winners on Monday. The Offensive Player of the Game award went to the entire offense for its record setting performance.

Defensive Players of the Game honnors went to Nate Douglas (2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF), Gerren Blount (8 tackles, 1 tackle-for-loss, 1 hurry), Derik Keyes (6 tackles), Dwight Bentley (5 tackles, 1 break up), Orkeys Auriene (5 tackles, 1 tackle-for-loss) and Scoter Rogers (2 pass breakups).

The Special Forces Player of the Game was Orkeys Auriene for his job on kickoff coverage.

The scout team players of the week were awarded to Leonardo Bates (offense) and Chase Bourgeois (defense).

Following Saturday's game at North Texas the Cajuns return home Oct. 18 to face Arkansas State at 6 p.m., at Cajun Field. The ASU game marks the first of three straight home games plus an open date - a stretch which keeps the Ragin' Cajuns in Lafayette through Nov. 15.

RaginCajuns.com

15. UL Football Player Moves

Bustle said senior defensive tackle Seth Adams and senior wide receiver Derrick Smith are expected to travel for Saturday's 6 p.m. game at North Texas.

Adams and Smith were suspended indefinitely two weeks ago for violating undisclosed team rules. Both returned to practice last week but did not make the trip to Monroe.

"They're going to come in and earn their plays because right now our team has been working well without them," Bustle said. "They're going to have their shot. They've made their mistake, and we'll see how they fit back in."

Bustle said defensive tackle Kyle Cox - a redshirt freshman from Mount Belvieu, Texas - has yet to rejoin the team. He went home last week for family reasons.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 7, 2008

Thread Information