Page 123 of 222 FirstFirst . 113 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 133 . LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Bustle Job Security.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    _ I recall during the '80's, there was a very wealthy fellow from Crowley or Rayne, or somewhere nearby that had made LOTS of OIL money who wanted to contribute LOTS of money to the UL football program. He also had LOTS of kids. I beleive he had either a son or grandson that was coming to UL to play and he was going to follow that up with money. But like another poster said, good ole forward thinkin' Ray A refused to take the money with such conditions. I think he started sending this money to LSU after a few more of his off spring went there. From what I am told, he is still interested in sending money to UL. Any memory of this from anyone? Is this just a vague memory that has corrupted in my mind over the years?
    Also, if we are to kick Bustle to the curb (a thought I have SLIGHTLY moved away from in the past 3 games), who are the possibilities?
    Is it still the Central Ark guy, Major Applewhite, anyone else?
    As for dollars, If someone with a bit more time on their hands would take charge of the Athletic Foundation, I would give as much as I could to it. We get a few thousand of guys like me and we could have a few million
    Don't start beating me up, I remain UL's biggest fan.OH and I still want the 3 fleur-di-lis on the helmet. _
    I would be more apt to discuss a 7-5, or possible 8-4 season than a coaching change at this point.but hey, I am a koolaid drinker from waaaaaaay back. LOL!

This gentleman from Crowley, was there some connection to him and the kids(dove hunting) put in the Mexican gulag for being at the wrong place at the wrong time a few years back???? Names shall remain anonymous to protect the innocent.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ Hey Petty you wanted his head in 2006, 2007 and now you are willing to wait til the end of the season to give your expert opinion. That is what I like about you Petty, you are in the wrong business, education, you should run for mayor of Mandeville cause you want us so believe whatever you said last it the truth. _
    I wouldn't take his head of the block just yet Jerry. After all we are still 2-3. I do like what I'm seeing. After USM I think most of us including you were calling for his head. I'm man enough to admit when I wrong. I'm not ready to do that yet but I'm happy to see Bustle looks to be turning that corner. We needed Bustle to be successful. I just didn't see it happening after "7" YEARS! It is looking good but not yet time for you sippers to put the crow in the oven. You can start marinating now.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ At least some on this board understand the true relationship between collegiate athletics and what role the FAN really plays.

Successful programs have fans that are willing to pay for the product and the majority of UL fans who are financially capable of buying into and stepping up to the plate big time seem to want the university to foot the entire bill. That is not the formula for success in modern day athletics at any level. Hell high schools do not even function that way anymore. _
    OK. you guys win. Our fans suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ I would be more apt to discuss a 7-5, or possible 8-4 season than a coaching change at this point.but hey, I am a koolaid drinker from waaaaaaay back. LOL!

This gentleman from Crowley, was there some connection to him and the kids(dove hunting) put in the Mexican gulag for being at the wrong place at the wrong time a few years back???? Names shall remain anonymous to protect the innocent.

Z _
    Wrong place, wrong time my arse! I went to school with their younger brothers, we were in middle school when this happened. We actually had a special prayer for them. lol

Trying to go to Boystown with guns crossing the border is not wrong place wrong time Z lmao.

Very nice, good people, don't mistake that

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns take historic step for program

"UL won against Monroe despite a list of all the things that have made this such a frustrating team to follow - questionable play-calling, penalties and turnovers topping the list.

It would have been nice if it didn't have to be that way, but it was. And UL survived.

"We put together three great games (against Illinois, Kent State and Kansas State), and I do believe that our players know now that we'll flip the page on this game that we played tonight and we'll flip the gauge back to zero and get ready for the next one," UL coach Rickey Bustle said. "It doesn't matter who you're playing, you've got to play your best game.

"We've preached it, they've bought into it and they're seeing the results that are happening."

We can debate play-calling against Monroe that limited Fenroy to six carries in the first half. Those 113 yards at halftime should have been more.

We can debate a team with a 34-16 lead not making the belly of ULM's defense pay by ramming the greatest running back in school history at it time and time again. Heck, let Mike Desormeaux keep the ball on the zone option - not throw a 55-yard pick for a score on an ill-advised out-route that allowed the Warhawks to make a game of it.

That, though, is water under the dam for one reason: UL's self-imposed adversity only created more resolve. And that resolve brought victory."

Good article. Little to early for New Orleans Bowl talk though. Still alot of football to play!

If the Defense can continue to get better and develop that nasty attitude it will get interesting.

Last nights Offense will be the story of the game but the defenses effort in the first half is what got us the win. If they don't hold ULM to those 3 FG all those record stats or for not.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns take historic step for program

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFreak View Post
    Good article. Little to early for New Orleans Bowl talk though. Still alot of football to play!

If the Defense can continue to get better and develop that nasty attitude it will get interesting.

Last nights Offense will be the story of the game but the defenses effort in the first half is what got us the win. If they don't hold ULM to those 3 FG all those record stats or for not. _
    Dead on. I loved the quick scores, but it did not give the defense any rest. Our defense holding those 3 early scoring drives to field goals was a HUGE part of the contest.

Just as big as the "W" is what this has to do for every facet of the team's confidence. They had the proverbial BCS "moral victories" to gain a confidence boost. but winning your first conference game of the year, away, is a massive confidence builder. Coaches are primarily going to focus on cleaning up miscues and mental mistakes and keeping the group focused on the next mission. That is a far cry from having to re-think your strategy altogether.

Good times. I really love it for the young men in this program right now (and their proud family members).

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ Wrong place, wrong time my arse! I went to school with their younger brothers, we were in middle school when this happened. We actually had a special prayer for them. lol

Trying to go to Boystown with guns crossing the border is not wrong place wrong time Z lmao.

Very nice, good people, don't mistake that _
    No doubt, Bruda!

Uuuhhhh.boys will be boys?? LOL!! I still wonder?? Is this the family tdncz was speaking of????

Z

Default Re: Offense Ignites, Explodes in Triumph at ULM

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ Offense Ignites, Explodes in Triumph at ULM _
    First and goal at the one for ULM, and UL stuffs 3 straight runs! Now THAT is stout defense! Way to go Cajuns!

_ No doubt, Bruda!

Uuuhhhh.boys will be boys?? LOL!! I still wonder?? Is this the family tdncz was speaking of????

Z _
    I would imagine, me being from the Ol' Crow, there are not that many Big Cajuns supporters in town, except Huvall's

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ I would imagine, me being from the Ol' Crow, there are not that many Big Cajuns supporters in town, except Huvall's _
    man, have we done a crappy job of marketing ourselves, or what????

Z

_ man, have we done a crappy job of marketing ourselves, or what????

Z _
    Give the name to Farmer. He seems to do a pretty good job of targeting folks that fans point out to him have been alienated in the past.

_ man, have we done a crappy job of marketing ourselves, or what????

Z _
    I'm doing the best I can!!!

They call me the Cajun preacher, I profess they just don't listen. We'll show em'

_ I would be more apt to discuss a 7-5, or possible 8-4 season than a coaching change at this point.but hey, I am a koolaid drinker from waaaaaaay back. LOL!

Z _
    Yes, and Baldwin took care of where his financial donations were directed by benching a three year starter at tight end, who was not related to him, but was best friends with his grandson who was a TE also. He(Baldwin) also pulled James Clements scholly stating we have no position for you, one of the best blocking fullbacks I have ever seen. Baldwin crapped on every kid that came out of Notre Dame of Crowley and that was a big no no.

Track & Field Re: When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ OK. you guys win. Our fans suck. _
    I think the fans are great.

The infrastructure and plan has not been in place for so long that most UL fans have no idea how other programs work. UL supporters have certainly not had the opportunity to contribute publicly to a properly managed program that embraces vision, action, and accountability.

I think this has changed in the last 2 years.

I just want the fans to figure it out and do their part.believe, retrieve(their wallet), and receive(a team to be proud of).

I think we are in the midst of the "Receive" phase, without the "Believe" and "Retrieve" part getting up to full speed yet.but some folks have certainly contributed, hat's off to them.

Default Re: When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ I think the fans are great.

The infrastructure and plan has not been in place for so long that most UL fans have no idea how other programs work. UL supporters have certainly not had the opportunity to contribute publicly to a properly managed program that embraces vision, action, and accountability.

I think this has changed in the last 2 years.

I just want the fans to figure it out and do their part.believe, retrieve(their wallet), and receive(a team to be proud of).

I think we are in the midst of the "Receive" phase, without the "Believe" and "Retrieve" part getting up to full speed yet.but some folks have certainly contributed, hat's off to them. _
    Better credit your pastor with that take! LOL

Thread Information