Page 121 of 222 FirstFirst . 111 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 131 . LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Bustle Job Security.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ What everyone on this board and in Acadiana fails to understand that it is not UL's fault for the bidget being so low. Doc A did do great damage to the program but what have the fans done and the boosters done to support this program? No successful program relies solely on university funds. Hell I would go as far as saying 75% of programs are funded by private donation which consist of over 90% of their total athl;etic budget. Its time for our boosteres and fans to put up or shut up. The excuses are running very thin. Its LSU and the states fault, its Doc A's fault, that's all bull____ now. Those excuses have been thrown around for 20+ years, it OUR OWN DAMN FAULT THAT WE ARE IN THIS SITUATION. _
    It's only "the fans" fault, now, if they fail to demand an improvement plan from Dr. S. You can never achieve success by blaming the customer. Know it and never forget it, or continue to lose. It is one of the laws of business physics.

First, there are always 5-10% fanship that show up win, lose or draw (God Bless them). There are another 15% that might show up on occasion and possibly in the wake of some hype. but they are fickle and leave easily. The 75% that you see filling the stands in successful programs are there only if they believe they have associated themselves with something that they can wear the emblem and not be laughed at. They are there for pure entertainment. I want all of them to participate, and it will require ratcheting up our program, starting with the leader.

There is no program on record that has badgered, belittled, begged and belittled their fanbase into anything successful. Any analysis of programs in a similar state to UL that have succeeded have done so thru excellent leadership at the top of the institution. They have operated the program like a business. The large financial backers are like banking institutions (not the recent variety, but those more responsible with their money). Bankers (fans with money) want to see a business plan ripe with investment rewards. Not BS. Not, please, please can I have the money. A plan, with management's skin on the line. They already give "fun money" to the program, for minor advertisement and local citizen guilt avoidance therapy.

We might keep rolling the same old worn out pair of dice and see some success. who knows? If we are going to actually move in the direction of sustained success, we are going to have to see some fundamental changes to the UL football program constitution. That requires initiation from the chief.

The biggest component to the new plan is a commitment to have disgusting football staff salaries available with a hook that states "instant death penalty for results unbecoming a program paying these high prices". Young, incredibly gifted and eager upstart coaches will take the opportunity and will succeed. That plan, and that plan alone will get Daddy Warbucks on the board of UL funding. Nothing else. sorry. Law of business physics trumps the wishing well every single time.

Default Re: Rivalry kindled today at ULM

The players clearly see it as a rivalry game. Many fans do not. Other than that, what else is there to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Hammer, first off, I respect you and your opinion. In some cases we'll have to agree to disagree.

ULM and UL are both instate schools, share similar recruiting ground and are members of the same conference. Players and coaches from both sides know each other. The series goes back to 1951. It's a close series, 23-20 for ULM. There's some history that cannot be ignored.

But I agree that those facts alone do not make ULM the biggest, all-time rival for UL. But for now, ULM is the lone instate opponent on UL's schedule every year. _
    No doubt all those facts are correct. But a rivalry has to have some feeling amongs the fans of both schools. This series just has not developed that feeling among the fans of UL. And from my perspective, and I don't feel I'm alone in this based on conversations I've had with other UL fans, the more outsiders keep trying to push this "rivalry" on us the more we resist it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ I agree. ULM is a rival. Some people don't like it because I guess they feel we're "better" than them. Results in football speak for themselves. Until we consistantly beat them, get into another conference, and stop playing them every year, ULM will be our biggest rival. Why can't we embrace this situation instead of pretending it doesn't exist? _
    By the definition you used above just about every other team in the Sunbelt would then be our "rival".

Default Re: Bustle Job Security.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ It's only "the fans" fault, now, if they fail to demand an improvement plan from Dr. S. You can never achieve success by blaming the customer. Know it and never forget it, or continue to lose. It is one of the laws of business physics.

First, there are always 5-10% fanship that show up win, lose or draw (God Bless them). There are another 15% that might show up on occasion and possibly in the wake of some hype. but they are fickle and leave easily. The 75% that you see filling the stands in successful programs are there only if they believe they have associated themselves with something that they can wear the emblem and not be laughed at. They are there for pure entertainment. I want all of them to participate, and it will require ratcheting up our program, starting with the leader.

There is no program on record that has badgered, belittled, begged and belittled their fanbase into anything successful. Any analysis of programs in a similar state to UL that have succeeded have done so thru excellent leadership at the top of the institution. They have operated the program like a business. The large financial backers are like banking institutions (not the recent variety, but those more responsible with their money). Bankers (fans with money) want to see a business plan ripe with investment rewards. Not BS. Not, please, please can I have the money. A plan, with management's skin on the line. They already give "fun money" to the program, for minor advertisement and local citizen guilt avoidance therapy.

We might keep rolling the same old worn out pair of dice and see some success. who knows? If we are going to actually move in the direction of sustained success, we are going to have to see some fundamental changes to the UL football program constitution. That requires initiation from the chief.

The biggest component to the new plan is a commitment to have disgusting football staff salaries available with a hook that states "instant death penalty for results unbecoming a program paying these high prices". Young, incredibly gifted and eager upstart coaches will take the opportunity and will succeed. That plan, and that plan alone will get Daddy Warbucks on the board of UL funding. Nothing else. sorry. Law of business physics trumps the wishing well every single time. _
    Bigger committment by UL, and us the fans, with a competitive salary and I mean competitve on a higher level than just the Sun Belt, with more ACCOUNTABILITY (winning) on the line with the coach and administration. I'm all for it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ The players clearly see it as a rivalry game. Many fans do not. Other than that, what else is there to say? _
    I have $200.00 for you.actually its more like $188 and some change. I know to you high profile men about town 200 bones doesnt mean that much . still need to get rid of it!!!!

Thats what else there is to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ This series just has not developed that feeling among the fans of UL. . _
    I disagree because although I am a younger Fan I don't like ULM, I think of this as a big rivalry in football. Last year we got so much ____ talked to us in 2005 in Monroe, That is when the "rivalry" started for me. Also this game has SBC championship implications!

8. Default Re: Rivalry kindled today at ULM

All I know is it seems like everytime UL fans deny a rivalry . . . the other team beats us.

If it takes admitting to a rivalry in order to get the win, I'm all forit.

ps ULM is an illegitimate institution of higher learning. . . . (my attempt at pre game smack )

igeaux.mobi

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ By the definition you used above just about every other team in the Sunbelt would then be our "rival". _
    I didn't mention that they are an in-state school because we all know that. That, along with what I said above constitutes a rivalry. imo

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ All I know is it seems like everytime UL fans deny a rivalry . . . the other team beats us.

If it takes admitting to a rivalry in order to get the win, I'm all forit.

ps ULM is an illegitimate institution of higher learning. . . . (my attempt at pre game smack )

igeaux.mobi _

I smell a poll coming on!!!!! LOL!

We hear the same smack every year when we play ULM on this board. "Its not a rivalry." That's basically playing what many would call the elitist role. They are a rivalry at least in football and baseball.

-We do recruit the same players. They have gotten players that we wanted and likewise.
    -We play them every year and our record has been less than spectacular.
    -They stole a couple of our letters when naming their school

I dont care if they ever had a great program a few years back when we may or may not have played them. Rivalries are forged every year. Do we consider McNeese a rivalry even though they are 1-AA (FCS to be politically correct)?

Some people want to call the matchup of LSU and UL a rivalry, I sure as hell do. But you know damn well sure that people in the Puke and Gold wanna look down on us and not call it anything more than a nuisance.

Call it what you want, but this topic is brought up every year and I hate it. We are rivals with ULM, with LaTex, with LSU, with McNeese. Just because they dont compete at our level in some sports makes it less likely to be called a rivalry. I hate these schools when we compete against them more than other schools. I'm sick of getting beaten by those * in maroon and gold.

Bottom line, who ever lines up across from us is the team I hate. Just some more than others tho!

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ We hear the same smack every year when we play ULM on this board. "Its not a rivalry." That's basically playing what many would call the elitist role. They are a rivalry at least in football and baseball.

-We do recruit the same players. They have gotten players that we wanted and likewise.
    -We play them every year and our record has been less than spectacular.
    -They stole a couple of our letters when naming their school

I dont care if they ever had a great program a few years back when we may or may not have played them. Rivalries are forged every year. Do we consider McNeese a rivalry even though they are 1-AA (FCS to be politically correct)?

Some people want to call the matchup of LSU and UL a rivalry, I sure as hell do. But you know damn well sure that people in the Puke and Gold wanna look down on us and not call it anything more than a nuisance.

Call it what you want, but this topic is brought up every year and I hate it. We are rivals with ULM, with LaTex, with LSU, with McNeese. Just because they dont compete at our level in some sports makes it less likely to be called a rivalry. I hate these schools when we compete against them more than other schools. I'm sick of getting beaten by those * in maroon and gold.

Bottom line, who ever lines up across from us is the team I hate. Just some more than others tho! _
    See post #11

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ See post #11 _
    Damn you Z and your quick, and pre-my post, wit that I may have subconsciously stole!
    Someone once said, "If you type a lot more words than another man, that means you are smarter.or less smarterer."

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Damn you Z and your quick, and pre-my post, wit that I may have subconsciously stole!
    Someone once said, "If you type a lot more words than another man, that means you are smarter.or less smarterer." _
    Trust me when I say, there is a distinct possibility I may be the unsmarterestest person on this board. If you spent any time at all on the old Delphi board, you also may recall Tiger fan accusing me of being, "The biggest moron of them all"

Z

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle Job Security.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ He can get canned without any payso win baby, win _
    Frenchie, you are mistaken. Bustle has 2 years left on his contract. We release him, we then owe him about $370,000. Not a pleasant thought for a poor boy like myself.

The glass is half full and not half empty. Think positive.

Thread Information