Page 116 of 222 FirstFirst . 106 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 126 . LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Opponent View: No trophy at stake in ULM rivalry with UL

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    You'd swear he covered the game. Better than Futiak etc. I must say.

2. Default Re: Opponent View: No trophy at stake in ULM rivalry with UL

Don't want them as a rival--don't want to be in a conference with them---Hope we are planning on this happening in 2-3 years---I think that there needs to be 3-4 major colleges in the state Tech to the North with LSUS Gamb. Monroe. N'west under them---Ul with LSUA LSUE McNeese and Nichols under---LSU with Southern SLU UNO ----maybe make UNO a major!!!!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Dude, we have a game against ULM Saturday.

Z _
    Hey, tell UHOUCajun over there!! My ticket's already punched for this trip!!!

4. Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Actually, it started earlier than that. 1984 was when, for a brief time, we officially attained the name "University of Louisiana" (w/o the city tag). I got my first degree in 1982 and I remember serious discussions back then. I first started at UL in 1973 and recall some limited discussions in the mid-70's about a name change because the "Southwestern" was so limiting. The interest really grew between the mid-70's and early 80's. _
    I remember reading in the Verm in'63-'64ish in an article by a Kelly ? about our changing our name to the UL thing---It has been a LONG fight!!!!

5. UL Football Desormeaux Shows Grit on the Gridiron

Perhaps the most impressive play made by UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux in last week's 45-37 loss at Kansas State was done without the ball in his hands.

On Tyrell Fenroy's 69-yard touchdown sprint, Desormeaux raced downfield and made the final block to help clear the path for his teammate's scoring run.

Desormeaux suffered a bloody nose, a hip pointer and some bruised ribs in the loss but finished with 234 total yards, including 98 on the ground and one touchdown run.

The rest of the story

6. UL Football Bayou battle: UL-ULM rivalry a product of geography and familiarity

The smack-talk leading up to Saturday's Sun Belt football game between UL and ULM first started this past summer.

UL's Louis Lee and ULM's Radi Jabour - former prep teammates at East St. John - stood on opposite ends of the spectrum in their predictions.

"It was just some simple talk about when we were going to play them," said Lee, a junior wide receiver. "I guess I'm going to call him again later this week."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 1, 2008

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Its A Good Sign!!!

Mr Harmon picks against us this week.

Louisiana-Monroe 31 LOUISIANA 28

Default Re: Desormeaux shows grit against Kansas State

To me Des is the best all around player since Tommy Casanova. Is there position he can't play. Lets see, QB, WR, RB, Defensive Back, Defensive Corner Back, Special Teams, he probably and kick off and punt. He is a gift and I LIKE HIM AS A PLAYER and PERSON.

Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    To me Des is the best all around player since Tommy Casanova. Is there position he can't play. Lets see, QB, WR, RB, Defensive Back, Defensive Corner Back, Special Teams, he probably and kick off and punt. He is a gift and I LIKE HIM AS A PLAYER and PERSON.

Geaux Cajuns.
    He is a STUD. I didn't see Casanova. I put him only behind Brian Mitchell

10. Default Re: Desormeaux shows grit against Kansas State

Casanova was a defensive back for LSU in the early 70's.

Default Re: Its A Good Sign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Mr Harmon picks against us this week.

Louisiana-Monroe 31 LOUISIANA 28 _
    z, didn't Harmon call all three losses as well as the one win?

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Its A Good Sign!!!

Maybe Z is referring to the spread?

13. Default Re: Desormeaux shows grit against Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ To me Des is the best all around player since Tommy Casanova. Is there position he can't play. Lets see, QB, WR, RB, Defensive Back, Defensive Corner Back, Special Teams, he probably and kick off and punt. He is a gift and I LIKE HIM AS A PLAYER and PERSON.

Geaux Cajuns. _
    This young man is a leader. Notice I did not use the word "kid". I hate that description of college atheletes. They are young men and Des exemplifies the maturity expected of college atheletes. I too like him as a player and person!!

Would love to see this guy running the navy/gt offense. the zoneread spread is way too popular. worked much better when it was a novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    _ Would love to see this guy running the navy/gt offense. the zoneread spread is way too popular. worked much better when it was a novelty. _

With this team putting up over 1100 yards the past two games on decent competition, I'd say it works pretty damn well!! Plus, the options schemes those schools run are much more dated than the zone read.

Thread Information