Page 112 of 222 FirstFirst . 102 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 122 . LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

UL Football Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    _ I hope we keep Y.Walker redshrited he will have a great season next year with Booker. We do not need to waste a red shirt like LSU did to Jefferson. Good Luck Cajuns Come Back Home with a W. _

actually a player can redshirt as long as they haven't participated in more than 10% of any one season. As long as Jefferson doens't play again, he whould be able to take this year as a redshirt year.

Default Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    _ actually a player can redshirt as long as they haven't participated in more than 10% of any one season. As long as Jefferson doens't play again, he whould be able to take this year as a redshirt year. _
    That is totally false. A player who appears for one snap loses his redshirt, unless he is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ That is totally false. A player who appears for one snap loses his redshirt, unless he is injured. _
    I stand corrected. I beleive the ruling is less than 10% and an injury is considered a medical hardship redshirt (see Justin Venable). One play and no injury = wasted redshirt.

The article confused me a little. Walker is still redshirted, correct? They're just taking him on the trip "in case".

Yobes would not lose his redshirt until he participates in one play.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Yobes would not lose his redshirt until he participates in one play. _
    You are correct Josh. Hill,Green, Lewis, Bentley, Richard and Dean have all played thus far in the freshmen class.

You recieved my message?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

unfurl those sails, undrea, and fly with the wind on the plains of kansas! geaix cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    _ More like an Ox cart _
    More like me jogging, and with atrial fibrilation to boot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ unfurl those sails, undrea, and fly with the wind on the plains of kansas! geaix cajuns! _

Has he even been able to practice with the team yet? Does he know the plays? Can he play on Saturday or is this last minute approval too late for this week?

Default Re: Finally. Undrea Sails cleared to play

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.809250307/1006

Sails will travel and will likely play, Bustle said.

Cajun T, I got your message. Many thanks, as always.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Has he even been able to practice with the team yet? Does he know the plays? Can he play on Saturday or is this last minute approval too late for this week? _
    Take the ball from MD and run toward the opposing team's goal posts. oh, and run really fast toward the spaces between players with the uniform colors not like ours. real, real fast. Oh, and don't drop the ball. Coach Jenkins don't go for that shat.

Default Re: Dude, no way!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Leonard had 3 passing TD's and 0 rushing TD's.I honestly think this was a pretty close call between all 3. I went and looked at the #'s and if you look deeper than just individual #'s you will see that Leonard did more for his team than our 2 did because he accounted for most of his teams production. Not saying he should of gotten it over our guys but it is not as bias as what everyone is making it out to be. Guys just chill, its just a player of the week and in the long run it means absolutely nothing. _

That.and it was a Conference game.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Take the ball from MD and run toward the opposing team's goal posts. oh, and run really fast toward the spaces between players with the uniform colors not like ours. real, real fast. Oh, and don't drop the ball. Coach Jenkins don't go for that shat.
    Just come up with an "Undre' Left" and "Undre' Right" play for this week.

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

In order for that to happen we need to take care of our own backyard first. Changing names of organizations runs the risk of angering many people. To suggest that we do this in order to appeal to people who already pull for their home team, be it La Tech, ULM or any other school is just crazy. We can be The University of Louisiana and still keep true to our cultural herritage. Anything else is just a p!$$!ng contest over trivial matters.

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I understand your connection to the old name. But, that was when we were USL. We are not Southwestern Louisiana and we are not the University of Acadiana. We are the University of Louisiana. My only point is that we need to do everything we can to capture the name and have a singular identity for our university. No more Louisiana Lafayette, UL Lafayette, U LA LA, ULL, Acadiana, etc. etc.
    We were the Pride of Acadiana when we were SLI and USL and ULL and everything in between. "Acadiana" was never the school's name. The band's moniker didn't change then and it shouldn't change now.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ If we're all about pride in just the Acadiana area, then we should NOT be the University of LOUISIANA. If that is our mindset, then we will ALWAYS be Louisiana-Lafayette. If we want to be UL, then we need to reach out to all parts of the state, not just the local area. I am not suggesting that we abandon our roots and forget that we are located in Lafayette and Acadiana. But if we want to progress, then we need to move on to reflect the changes in our university. I agree with HoustonCajun, we need to tie as many things as we can to Louisiana to reinforce the connection. JMHO _
    Nobody outside of UL knows the name of our band, and nobody outside of UL will really ever know the name of our band. It's not to say that the band isn't good or couldn't be great. It has nothing to do with how good the band is. It's just that at the end of the day, nobody knows much about college bands unless you're doing the script "Ohio" or you're Southern. Calling the band "The Pride of Acadiana" is the ONE tradition that's lasted through all the political and name change crap that the school's endured over the years. Changing the name of the band won't do anything to help our name recognition and or perpetuate the "Louisiana" thing, and keeping the name of the band won't harm our efforts be known as "UL" or "Louisiana" or anything else. I promise you this, if you could concretely show me that calling the band "The Pride of Louisiana" would help the cause, I'd be all about it. But it will have no effect, so why change one of the few traditions we have?

Thread Information