Default Re: Dude, no way!

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ WOW! 3 times in one weekend! They ARE legit !!! _
    You know what I meant lol

2. Default Re: Dude, no way!

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ who is corey leonard?

enough said.
    At least a Louisiana guy won it---Leonard is from Covington!!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: "---- ----" Defense gets a tribute

Now THIS is what we need to see more of.on EVERY play.

GEAUX CAJUNS D!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ SBC is loving hard on that arkansas state team, are they really that good?

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArt.ATCLID=1587411 _

Yes, they are that good or at least playing that good. However, Desormeaux should have easily gotten POW awards period That's rediculous

Default Re: Sails' eligibility could alter backfield depth

Yeah, it would seem like a wasted to take off the redshirts especially since they wouldn't really play until almost midseason. However, the only other options are possibly Chery or Rubin perhaps? Both played RB and were recruited as such but both are very small for the position. Durability would have to be a concern and Fenroy has not played a full 12 game season yet so it is of concern. You could also use Roberson a bit more now or Jonathan Thomas to help out. I still don't know why they don't run the triple option with Roberson and Fenroy in the backfield. On the dive, give it to Roberson and let him pound. It would also take some wear off of Fenroy and Des. Sails needs to get eligible soon!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Dude, no way!

that is a big slap in the face to our program. not only did our entire offense put up huge numbers, but FENROY and DES each had better stats than Leonard. Fenroy set broke a couple of records, personal and school records. If we keep putting up numbers like last week and still get no recognition, i think something is up with the sunbelt.
    I think we have good chance against K-State as long as we have smart play calling.
    GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ Corey Leonard 2 Passing TD's

Michael Desormaux 1 Passing TD, 1 Rushing TD.

With all things being equal, at worst Dez should have beaten out Leonard, but the real travesty here is Fenroy not getting it.

194 Yards Rushing
    68 Yards Recieving
    3 TD's Scored

My choice for POW:
    1a. Tyrell Fenroy
    1b. Michael Desormeaux
    3. Corey Leonard _
    Leonard had 3 passing TD's and 0 rushing TD's.I honestly think this was a pretty close call between all 3. I went and looked at the #'s and if you look deeper than just individual #'s you will see that Leonard did more for his team than our 2 did because he accounted for most of his teams production. Not saying he should of gotten it over our guys but it is not as bias as what everyone is making it out to be. Guys just chill, its just a player of the week and in the long run it means absolutely nothing.

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by skankinCajun View Post
    _ IM in agreement with my boy derf. I mean its going to be Pride of Acadiana so just deal with it. Since i was a member from 01-06 We were being called UL then . To me the band name means alot to the people in it now and in the past. We live in a very specific part of the state. I dont claim monroe to be apart of Louisiana, although technically it is. Taking pride in our part of our state is a wonderous thing that no one can take away from us.

GEAUX CAJUNS _
    If we're all about pride in just the Acadiana area, then we should NOT be the University of LOUISIANA. If that is our mindset, then we will ALWAYS be Louisiana-Lafayette. If we want to be UL, then we need to reach out to all parts of the state, not just the local area. I am not suggesting that we abandon our roots and forget that we are located in Lafayette and Acadiana. But if we want to progress, then we need to move on to reflect the changes in our university. I agree with HoustonCajun, we need to tie as many things as we can to Louisiana to reinforce the connection. JMHO

9. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns Mid-Week Practice Report

The Cajuns hope to continue their excellent defensive play from the past two weeks

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns started their game-week on Sunday less than 24 hours after earning a 44-27 win over Kent State. The Cajuns had that extra bounce in their step typical of a team fresh off a victory.

Following Monday’s off-day, the team continued practice on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Cajuns will practice on Thursday before departing via charter flight on Friday afternoon for Manhattan, Kansas.

RaginCajuns.com

10. UL Football Q&A With coach Rebowe

Five questions for linebackers coach Tim Rebowe.

Q: How did practice go this week?

Rebowe: "The guys were in a great mood on Sunday. A win always gets your spirits up. It was a physical game (on Saturday) and some guys were banged up. The victory eases the pains a little more. We had a good Tuesday working on the run. (Wednesday) was a big work day against the pass.”

Q: What’s the scouting report on Kansas State?

Rebowe: "They are big. Their front line is big at 6-5, 6-6. There is a lot of beef and they are going to be very physical. They score a lot of points and the challenge will be to slow them down.”

Q: How do the Cajuns slow down the Kansas State offense?

Rebowe: "It goes back to what Coach Bustle has been saying for weeks. We need to focus on us and worry about what we do. It’s paid off the last couple of weeks and we’re playing better.”

Q: What changed in practice from the week of Southern Miss to the last couple of weeks?

Rebowe: "I thought we had a great camp. It was one of the better ones that I’ve been around, but then we came out and had a bad week of practice before the Southern Miss game. The open week helped us refocus and get that attitude back that we had in camp. We knew that we were better than we showed (at USM). The guys realized that you have to be great all week in practice to have a chance on Saturday.”

Q: Saturday’s game at Kansas State is another early game with the 2:35pm start?

Rebowe: “The guys handled the early game at Illinois very well. It was a little chaotic traveling up there, but they handled it well. Some guys said that they liked playing early because we didn’t have to sit around all day. They liked getting up and going to play.”

RaginCajuns.com

11. UL Football Finally. Undrea Sails cleared to play

Nearly two months of waiting finally came to an end on Wednesday for Undrea Sails. Now the junior running back can officially call himself a Ragin' Cajun.

Sails participated in Wednesday's practice after learning earlier in the day that his final course from College of the Desert in California had been processed.

The Alabama native had been waiting to play since arriving on campus in the first week of preseason camp. Sails is expected to fight for playing time behind starter Tyrell Fenroy.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 25, 2008

UL Football Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

I hope we keep Y.Walker redshrited he will have a great season next year with Booker. We do not need to waste a red shirt like LSU did to Jefferson. Good Luck Cajuns Come Back Home with a W.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

that pony must be real tired running from the west coast all the way to Louisiana.

Default Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ that pony must be real tired running from the west coast all the way to Louisiana. _
    More like an Ox cart

Default Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    _ More like an Ox cart _
    More like me and Zee on a 2 person bike!

Thread Information