Page 10 of 222 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: CAJUNS in at #6

Great no expectations, we all no we don't do well when we are supposed to. I still think we are going to be a good team. I would rather a preseason poll rank us last, then there is no pressure.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Trip to Hattiesburg

I'm trying to book my trip to Hattiesburg for the game. Has anyone else booked yet? Any ideas or advice as to where to stay? i'd like to stay where lots of other Cajun fans are staying. Anyone know of any Tailgating groups that are planning to be there and where they're setting up?

Default Re: Trip to Hattiesburg

i'm not sure if I wanna stay in Hattiesburg or drive back down to new orleans. I think it's only an hour and a half away and we have some free nights at harrahs we need to use up.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    I'm trying to book my trip to Hattiesburg for the game. Has anyone else booked yet? Any ideas or advice as to where to stay? i'd like to stay where lots of other Cajun fans are staying. Anyone know of any Tailgating groups that are planning to be there and where they're setting up?
    Most of the decent hotels are off of Hardy Street. Hardy Street also runs right past the football stadium, its maybe ten minutes away. It is going to be an eye opening experience for those of us who have never been to a USM game. That town really really supports USM first and LSU second. Go figure, I wish we could get the support from Lafayette that USM gets from Hattiesburg.

We will win the Belt if we start the year 3-2.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ We will win the Belt if we start the year 3-2. _
    First 5 are:

S Miss
    Illinois
    Kent State
    K state
    and
    Munrow

only 1 game at home?

That's a tall order.

I say, lets do it!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    First 5 are:

S Miss
    Illinois
    Kent State
    K state
    and
    Munrow

only game at home?

That's a tall order.

I say, lets do it!

Z
    Very tall order. I only see 2 wins in there, and that's if we play our ashes off.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ I'm trying to book my trip to Hattiesburg for the game. Has anyone else booked yet? Any ideas or advice as to where to stay? i'd like to stay where lots of other Cajun fans are staying. Anyone know of any Tailgating groups that are planning to be there and where they're setting up? _
    I got a couple of rooms booked here.

Hampton Inn Hattiesburg
    4301 Hardy Street
    Hattiesburg, MS
    United States, 39402
    Tel: 1-601-264-8080
    Fax: 1-601-268-9916

Don't know where the team or anyone else is staying. I got a ton of Hilton pts to use up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ I got a couple of rooms booked here.

Hampton Inn Hattiesburg
    4301 Hardy Street
    Hattiesburg, MS
    United States, 39402
    Tel: 1-601-264-8080
    Fax: 1-601-268-9916

Don't know where the team or anyone else is staying. I got a ton of Hilton pts to use up. _

Everyone write down that hotel....STAY AWAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Everyone write down that hotel....STAY AWAY!!! _
    dude, thats hard.

Z

Ragin' Cajuns Re: CAJUNS in at #6

The USM game will be the most important game of the year. Not because it's the first game (although it is!!), but because that game will set the stage for EVERYTHING that happens the entire rest of the season. A win will put this team in as good a position as it's been since they beat UHou a couple years ago. The question will then be, does THIS CAJUNS team take that win as true inspiration for the rest of the season and play like EVERY game is a BOWL game, or do they allow themselves to fall back into the mediocrity they've been swimming in for the last 6 years?? Of course, if they lose the USM game, especially if it is CLOSE, what do they do THEN???

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ Great no expectations, we all no we don't do well when we are supposed to. I still think we are going to be a good team. I would rather a preseason poll rank us last, then there is no pressure. _

I agree. I tend to feel with our leadership at skill positions and a D that can only get better, I feel we are better than Middle and will prove it. I just don't see Monroe being that much better than us. Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe if Mike is qb in that game, we win last year. I thoroughly think we can win the conference however this regime has not given us any prolonged reason to optimistic.

Hey Cajun fans. Saw 'rhineaux' post over on EagleTalk and figured I'd take his invitation (or bait, we'll see) to start chatting with some of you fellas.

We're all looking forward to the 30th, can't get here fast enough I say. Finally get to see the new expansion filled up with fans instead of construction workers too!

Anyways, if you guys have any questions about the area, feel free to ask. I'm only a Senior at USM right now, but I'll do my best to answer them.

Default Re: CAJUNS 14 point underdogs in week 1

Glad to see I'm not the only Eagle poster in these parts SE.

I'll admit though, I do think the 14 pt. spread is a little generous. Obviously, I'm going to say we're taking this convincingly, but Bower taught me never to let my expectations get too high. I'm hoping Coach Fedora can make Hattiesburg a tough place to play. Bower-ball got stale.

Aug. 30th can't come fast enough.

15. UL Football Sixth Sense: UL picked to finish near the bottom in 2008

NEW ORLEANS - Michael Desormeaux took a few minutes on Monday at the Sun Belt Conference Football Media Days to glance at the media guides for each team in the league.

The senior quarterback liked some. Others not so much.

Desormeaux agreed that UL's cover looked the best with senior running back Tyrell Fenroy standing in UL's on-campus swamp, Cypress Lake, holding a football. Next to Fenroy, listed as an All-America candidate, is a sign that says

"Caution, alligator habitat. Keep pets out of the lake. Watch children. Do not feed alligators. Please feed Fenroy the ball. Thank you."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • July 22, 2008

Page 10 of 222 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information