Page 109 of 222 FirstFirst . 99 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 119 . LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: QB Club, KSU & KSU

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRash View Post
    Is it Andre' or Undre'?

Also, nice interviews. Bonus: no preachiness!
    You're right, you're right, you're right. And I knew that, I just forgot.

The Internet is great. It's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRash View Post
    Is it Andre' or Undre'?

Also, nice interviews. Bonus: no preachiness!
    PS No preachiness?

I hope people who feel so comfortable bashing the team and the coaches read the comments about our people, their work ethic, their heart, their stoicism.

.and take a long look at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    Gotta go with coach on this one. He must have read my posts.

""We have to quit turning ball over, stop doing things that hurt momentum. We have to stop the personal fouls, getting a 5 yard penalty when we're at the 1. Those are the two that I was most dissatisfied with, the penalties and turnovers. I don't want to take away from the players' aggressiveness, but we have to be smarter."

Head Coach Rickey Bustle
    6 typewritten pages of notes from the meeting, almost all of it extremely up-beat, and that's all you're interested in?

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Here we go.

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Sorry my friend, but that's not the Band's name. I understand why you would want to change the Band's name, but we really ought to keep some semblence of tradition somewhere!!! _

But not at the expense of creating more confusion about who we are. We are LOUISIANA. Let's reflect that in all things about the university.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

nmind

7. UL Football Bustle impressed with Cajuns

LAFAYETTE — Over the last two weeks, one thing has become clear to UL football coach Rickey Bustle — these aren’t your typical Ragin’ Cajuns.

Bustle sees a swagger and confidence in his team, one he did not last year, when UL lost five straight games to open the season and then finished 3-9 overall and 3-4 in Sun Belt Conference play.

“We’re not doing what we did last year or the year before or the year before … it’s not in the vocabulary,” an optimistic Bustle said Monday at his weekly press conference.

Bustle said he first noticed a change in his team during spring practice and that sense of change was reinforced during fall drills in August.

The rest of the story

By GLENN QUEBEDEAUX
    Special to The Advocate

Default Re: Bustle impressed with Cajuns

“In the preseason, when we did a lot of team building activities as I like to call them, Tyrell stood up and said some things to the team,” Bustle said. “You could have heard a pin drop in there.”

I LOVE hearing stuff like that! Geaux Cajuns!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ You're right, you're right, you're right. And I knew that, I just forgot.

The Internet is great. It's changed. _
    Also, does he not have an 'a' at the end of his name? I seem to remember Parrot spelling his name as Undrea.

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ But not at the expense of creating more confusion about who we are. We are LOUISIANA. Let's reflect that in all things about the university. _
    Give it up. You sound like a crazy person when you harp on one issue.

signed,

A former member of THE PRIDE OF ACADIANA

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ PS No preachiness?

I hope people who feel so comfortable bashing the team and the coaches read the comments about our people, their work ethic, their heart, their stoicism.

.and take a long look at themselves. _

ahhhhhhhh, you blew it!!

13. UL Football Sails' eligibility could alter backfield depth

Depending on when running back Undrea Sails becomes eligible, UL might see some shuffling on the depth chart behind starter Tyrell Fenroy.

The Cajuns are still waiting for Sails' final course from College of the Desert to be processed.

The junior from Alabama arrived on campus during the first week of preseason camp.

"I think we're close," said UL coach Rickey Bustle, whose Cajuns play at 2:35 p.m. Saturday at Kansas State. "We were hoping to maybe get it done today, but it didn't get done."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 24, 2008

14. UL Football "---- ----" Defense gets a tribute

UL defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier got a phone call the other day from Mark Smith, the defensive coordinator at Ball State.

Smith had just watched film of last week's 44-27 win for the Ragin' Cajuns over Kent State, which opens Mid-American Conference play on Saturday against Ball State.

It was then that Fouquier received the biggest compliment he's heard all season about his defense.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 24, 2008

15. Default Re: Sails' eligibility could alter backfield depth

I sure hope Sails becomes eligible soon. I love Tyrell and I think Walker is going to be a stud, but with the loss of Wallace from last year and it seems Shankle is in and out of the lineup with injuries we are lacking at backup RB. I would rather not take the redshirt tag off of Walker and save him for next year, but I think there is huge hole behind Fenroy.

Sails and Shankle can be successfull behind him, but one is still waiting for the NCAA clearinghouse and the other can't stay on the field long enough.

We need to spell Fenroy periodically, that what was so nice about Wallace last year. There is just a huge dropoff right now down to Matt Dupre, I think the coaches would perfer to keep the redshirts on Walker and Booker and Roberts.

Thread Information