Page 106 of 222 FirstFirst . 96 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 116 . LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ You drove from Mandeville? Why thats more than 30 minutes on the road! I've read somewhere on here that is an impossible burden to overcome!!!! _
    Not so much . However, it is a burden I undertake willingly and with great joy (usually)!

Default Re: the best thing about the kent state game

I did not get to go into the game because my husband and I were the designated "security guards" for the Krewe de Chew tailgating site. For me, the best part of the day was snapping this pic of a guy in the swimming pool(!) that the Kappa Alphas had at their tailgating site. Hilariously awesome!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Louisiana Re: Kent St. Synopsis

I stayed until it was over and the team had left the field. I still was not ready to leave so I wandered around some of the hot spots while the traffic cleared.

p.s. waiting for traffic to clear has not been a problem for over 10 years.

4. Default Re: My Thoughts.

Yea I know--but it is a struggle---the little kboard and my addddd!!!-Gift from my daughter--so don't complain!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Not sure K State realizes they have a game this weekend

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173

Maybe stop in and say hey. I got one guy to respond to my post. The other guy just kind of responded with, "we(Kansas State) ought to win by 20+" not sure if they are very neighborly???

Z

6. Alumni Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ I still get the frissons, also, when hearing the alma mater, and that is with 77 years of age, and a long spell from Cajun land while in the military. Nothing can erode the memories!!

The band sounded great last night. Loved the half time show. Band seems to be about the same size as last year, but with more brass. Is that just my imagination?
    _
    Thanks! I'm not real sure about the size and the ratio from last year, I had to sit out. We of course got rained out of the Ragin' March, and while gathered in the Moncla Pratice Facility, we were discussing different options of what to do. We all got soaked, we didn't have a chance to get into our ponchos or get into the building before we got drenched. So we weren't really in the best of moods. We almost didn't go at all. Then we were thinking about going and not marching (this is at least what I wanted to do. Football games without bands in the stands suck), but we eventually decided to go all out 100%. If we looked good Sat night, then we should look really good next time. I doubt many people brought their "A game" because of the situation.

Hopefully we'll keep getting better now that Dr. Gerald Waguespack is there. BT more or less handles our marching and our shows and how we look, and he can focus more on that now. Dr. Wag pretty much takes care of teaching us the music, and he can focus on that and make us sound better. I think we have the possibility of becoming an even better band now that we don't have one director stretched out doing everything. I'm glad Doc came to the PoA, I think anybody that went to Acadiana and played under him remembers how he is and I'm glad I got a second chance to learn from him. I think he can be a real asset to the PoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    you don't know how glad it makes someone of my age (55) to hear someone of your young age express your love for this university. it makes me feel very positive about its future. thank you!!
    I think you'd be surprised. I'm not necessarily the exception to the rule on this. A lot of my friends, and other current students have really started to take deep pride in the university. I think that the trials and tribulations that we have to go through with LSU A&M has strengthened our ties and love of UL.

I think that this subject of "oppression" if you will from LSU A&M is starting to reach a boiling point. There's a growing contingent of students that are taking a deep pride in UL and what our University stands for. More people are learning about how the system in Louisiana not only keeps down UL, but every other school thats not LSU in the state. People are starting to realize that UL is THE BEST school in the STATE of Louisiana academically. No, we may not have a great football team. We do however, have a pretty damn good baseball team, our softball team went to the college world series last year, our basketball team is pretty decent, and on and on. We also know that we have a brand new president that is listening to students, hearing what WE have to say about what WE want with OUR school.

This is the University of Louisiana! This isn't the University of Louisiana at Lafayette if LSU is Cool With That. We have a president that is saying yes, we're a damn good school, and its time to put ourselves out there as a damn good school. I love how we're cleaning our buildings, replacing sidewalks and making our campus look good again. When visitors step into Cajun Field, they'll now say, "Yeah, this is a college football stadium." instead of, "This looks like a really nice high school football field." We look like we know what were doing. Our football team had that fire and passion, the true Ragin' Cajun spirit Saturday night at the game and I hope we carry that throughout the rest of our season and kick ass!

After I graduate (whenever that may be), i'll go into a job interview with a degree in Criminal Justice from The University of Louisiana! And I will be damn proud of it.

Whew, now I have to pass out for a couple of hours before I go to class at 8!

7. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns' Attitude a Winner

The change first caught Rickey Bustle's attention during spring football practice.

UL's coach noticed the new mindset again in preseason camp - the best he's seen in more than 30 years of coaching.

Frustration followed when turnovers and missed tackles resulted in a 51-21 loss at Southern Miss to open the season. But the Ragin' Cajuns responded with an inspired effort to nearly upset then-No. 24 Illinois, 20-17, on the road.

UL carried over that momentum and avoided any letdown with Saturday's 44-27 win over Kent State in the Herbert Heymann Football Classic at Cajun Field.

Three games into this season, Bustle points to one thing as the biggest difference from last year, when the Cajuns went 3-9 with the nation's sixth-youngest team. And he's seen the new approach through all the ups and the downs in '08.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 22, 2008

8. UL Football Opponent View: Wiff

LaFAYETTE, La. -- In a year already filled with dropped passes, blocked punts, fumbles and special teams disasters, Kent State discovered a whole new malfunction to worry about Saturday night at Cajun Field in an ugly 44-27 loss at Louisiana-Lafayette.

Now the Golden Flashes' once-dependable defense can't tackle.

And Jim Lovell, John Swigert and Fred Haise thought they had a few mishaps on their Apollo 13 mission.

Kent State, we have a problem.

"We got overwhelmed defensively," said KSU head coach Doug Martin.

The rest of the story

By David Carducci

9. UL Football Tyrell Fenroy - A Louisiana Success Story

In 2003, as a junior at St Charles Catholic High School in LaPlace, Tyrell Fenroy rushed for 1,590 yards and 32 touchdowns. He was selected as the Clarion Herald's "Player of the Year." He was the District 10-3A MVP, and he was selected to the 3A All-State team.

For more pictures of the UL - Kent State game in Lafayette please follow this link.

In 2003, as a junior at St Charles Catholic High School in LaPlace, Tyrell Fenroy rushed for 1,590 yards and 32 touchdowns. He was selected as the Clarion Herald's "Player of the Year." He was the District 10-3A MVP, and he was selected to the 3A All-State team.
    Pretty Impressive.

As a senior in 2004, Fenroy rushed for 2,100 yards, scored 44 touchdowns, and did not fumble once. Again, he was selected as the Clarion Herald's "Player of the Year." Again, he was the District 10-3A MVP, and, again, he was selected to the 3A All-State team.

Despite getting weekly calls from football programs like Florida, Texas, and Tennessee his two offers at the end of his senior season were from Louisiana and Mississippi. The Ragin' Cajuns sent linebacker coach Tim Rebowe, a Norco native to recruit Fenroy.

The rest of the story

by Paul Angelle

10. UL Football Opponent View: Flashes Get Swamped

LAFAYETTE, La. - The Kent State football team traveled 1,159.94 miles - passing through the entire American South - looking to leave behind the turnovers and sloppy play that have plagued the team thus far.

But even traveling to the swampy city of Lafayette, La., to play Louisiana-Lafayette at Cajun Field on Saturday couldn't stop the Flashes from losing 44-27.

The offense, which was one point shy of tying a season-high for points, turned the ball over just once, but the defense had arguably its worst game in nearly three years.

The defense allowed 667 yards of total offense to Lafayette, a new school record for the Ragin' Cajuns. Senior running back Tyrell Fenroy, who entered the game as the nation's second active leading rusher with 3,347 career yards, became his school's all-time leader in total yards gained. Fenroy had 196 rushing yards and 65 yards of receiving.

"We had a hard time running them down," Kent State coach Doug Martin said. "The better team beat us tonight. We (have) to tip our hats to them and move on."

The rest of the story

Brock Harrington

11. Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

_ Yeah, but it would have been nice to see McGuire keep it and go around the right end to walk it infor his first TD as a Cajun. I'm sure Gbbaseball would have like that. _
    Hammer you are sooooo right. It would not have been the right thing to do. Game was won, no reason to put up points just for the points. He had his first TD pass at USM. He's going to have to wait for that first rushing TD.

12. Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

_ I wasn't quite ready to pull the starters at 7 minutes as we were still backed up in our territory and didn't want to give them the ball back with that much time even though we had what appeared to be a comfortable lead. But I would have put McGuire in a little sooner than they did.

BTW, I need to correct my earlier post. McGuire scored his first TD as a Cajun in week 1. _
    Missed you on Saturday. Was planning on getting to the oak tree but the rain kinda changed my plans. Next Home game

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7 View Post
    _ Missed you on Saturday. Was planning on getting to the oak tree but the rain kinda changed my plans. Next Home game _
    Look forward to seeing you. KP's Mom and little sister made it by just before the rains came down.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Kent St. Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I want to correct you because Chery scored on an option pitch from Desmo.and for the people that have been calling for it, it was a triple option play with Chery motioning into the backfield. _
    That was an awesome run, he ran like a pro, causing mistackles and with speed added, he was determined to make a score. I was please with the second quarter on.
    Good Night and a well deserved WIN by the Cajuns.
    Congrats

Geaux Cajuns

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7 View Post
    _ Hammer you are sooooo right. It would not have been the right thing to do. Game was won, no reason to put up points just for the points. He had his first TD pass at USM. He's going to have to wait for that first rushing TD. _
    Wrong Pop McGuire! Your youngster and all the rest of the second and 3rd teamers work extremely hard during the week.

They deserve some glory as well!

If you have a 20 pt lead and you're trying to punch it in with your #1 guys at the end thats one thing.you got the reserves in, let em share in the glory.

See you in Monroe? Denton?

Z

Thread Information