Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008-09 UL Lady Cajuns Volleyball

1. Default Re: Lady Cajuns Finish Season on a High Note

Much improved.

That is all you can ask for from one seaon to the next so I say mission accomplished.

Congratulations.

UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajuns Finish Season on a High Note

I am writing this with tears in my eyes. I cannot believe that Elizabeth's college volleyball career is over. As a parent I couldn't have asked for a better environment for my child then what we have experienced at UL and the wonderful town of Lafayette.

I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single minute of this journey. We had some challenges along the way but these girls never gave up. This was more than a team; this is a family and I know my daughter has friends for life among these young ladies. Coach Mazeitis and her staff are fabulous and I will miss them dearly.

The future for this program is so promising; we have some awesome student-athletes coming on board next year (yes, one is from the North Texas area) and you can sense the anticipation for next season among the returning athletes.

I truly mean it when I say UL Volleyball will ALWAYS have a fan in Fort Worth, Texas. Heck, I'm even thinking about getting personlized plates that read CJNVBFAN.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Finish Season on a High Note

Quote Originally Posted by cajunvbmom View Post
    _ I am writing this with tears in my eyes. I cannot believe that Elizabeth's college volleyball career is over. As a parent I couldn't have asked for a better environment for my child then what we have experienced at UL and the wonderful town of Lafayette.

I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single minute of this journey. We had some challenges along the way but these girls never gave up. This was more than a team; this is a family and I know my daughter has friends for life among these young ladies. Coach Mazeitis and her staff are fabulous and I will miss them dearly.

The future for this program is so promising; we have some awesome student-athletes coming on board next year (yes, one is from the North Texas area) and you can sense the anticipation for next season among the returning athletes.

I truly mean it when I say UL Volleyball will ALWAYS have a fan in Fort Worth, Texas. Heck, I'm even thinking about getting personlized plates that read CJNVBFAN.

GEAUX CAJUNS! _
    Congrats to you and your daughter on an outstanding college experience! We're glad to have more quality people at our university, and y'all definitely qualify! Best of luck to Elizabeth in the future and know that she (and you!) are always a member of the Ragin' Cajun family! BTW, my mom lives up in the FW area in Bedford and we'll be up there for Christmas. Glad to see we are getting more students (and student-athletes) from the DFW metroplex! Hey, go for those personalized plates! That sounds pretty cool!

Default Heather Mazeitis - Volleyball coach

Had the chance to meet her last night and she seems like a class act. She was asking with the way we talk trash to the opposing team why we don't attend some volleyball games so next year I told her I would be at as many as I could attend. GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Default Re: Heather Mazeitis - Volleyball coach

You are all invited! The team had great attendance this year and the crowds hopefully will be better next year too. "Win and they will come!" Coach is doing great things. The incoming recruiting class she signed is very talented. Looking forward to this team making the conferance tourney next year.

Default Re: Heather Mazeitis - Volleyball coach

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincajun View Post
    _ You are all invited! The team had great attendance this year and the crowds hopefully will be better next year too. "Win and they will come!" Coach is doing great things. The incoming recruiting class she signed is very talented. Looking forward to this team making the conferance tourney next year. _
    Great things to come!

7. UL Volleyball Surprise: LAdy Cajuns Volleyball Held 2008 Banquet

UL - The 2008 Lady Cajuns volleyball team recently held its first awards banquet of the Mazeitis era on Friday, Dec. 5, in the Cafe de Lafayette in the Student Union.

Head coach Heather Mazeitis hosted the team and special guests for dinner, followed by an awards presentation and a look back at the 2008 season in photos. The awards presentation recognized each student-athlete for their contributions to the squad, gave out special honors to the team's seniors, and concluded with six team awards.

The team's Academic Excellence Award went to senior outside hitter Carly Payan, who earned the team's highest GPA in 2008. On the court, Payan made significant contributions to the Cajuns' offense with 85 kills, at a clip of 1.39 per set, and also tallied 12 total blocks.

Freshman outside hitter Katie Kennedy earned the Hold the Rope Award, whose name was taken from a popular motivational story told in locker rooms across the country. The award is designed to recognize student-athletes who give of themselves for the good of the team. Kennedy finished the season as the team's third-leading digger, with 163 digs off the bench.

Newcomer of the Year honors went to freshman middle blocker Lesley Mirarchi. Starting in 26 of the team's 28 matches in 2008, Mirarchi made her rookie campaign count, leading the team with 69 total blocks including 11 solos. As a hitter, Mirarchi tied for the team's second-best mark at 160 kills.

Senior middle blocker Elizabeth Inman received Offensive Player of the Year honors following her team leading 2008 performance. With a team-best 174 kills, she also notchd 67 total blocks to take second in the category. Her career ended with 927 total kills and 245 total blocks.

Sophomore libero Lindsay Brown garnered special recognition when she was named both Defensive Player of the Year and Player of the Year. As the primary defensive resource for the Cajuns, Brown had a team-high 405 digs for 4.05 per set. She posted double-digit digs in 22 of 28 matches, including six 20-plus performances, leading the team to second place in digs against Sun Belt Conference opponents that included three NCAA tournament participants. Individually, she was first in the conference in digs against league opponents at 4.28 per set, and third in all matches. Brown maintained her status as UL's "Iron-Woman," playing in all of the season's 100 sets, a year after playing in 119 of 120 games as a freshman.

RaginCajuns.com

UL Volleyball Lady Cajuns Volleyball Around the Corner

In case you guys need a "breather". The first spring volleyball tourney is Feb. 28th. at home. We will be there cheering them on. Looking forward to the start of a new year for Ragin Cajun' volleyball. This next year is going to be good. Coach Mazeitis has been recruiting hard and this program is heading up.

9. Default Re: Lady Cajuns Volleyball Around the Corner

Thanks I really think Coach Mazeitis is on the right track.

Her openess with the media last season was a breath of fresh air.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Volleyball Around the Corner

I may have to go "check out" the ladies lol. I havent been to a volleyball match in about 9 years.

igeaux.mobi

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ In case you guys need a "breather". The first spring volleyball tourney is Feb. 28th. at home. We will be there cheering them on. Looking forward to the start of a new year for Ragin Cajun' volleyball. This next year is going to be good. Coach Mazeitis has been recruiting hard and this program is heading up. _
    LOL!! What makes you think we need a breather??

Awesome, the vb team showed much promise last year. Look forward to a much improved team.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Thanks I really think Coach Mazeitis is on the right track.

Her openess with the media last season was a breath of fresh air. _
    Believe me, Coach Heather is not afraid to be "open" in her quest to make this program better. That is what convinced our daughter to play for the Cajuns'. She is a go getter and tireless in her efforts. With last years group and the incoming class as we know so far,this team is heading in the right direction. I can't wait to see who Coach signs in the late period. We've been involved with high level v-ball for 6 years and can see that this team is going to make some noise in the tourney down the road. Hopefully we can get to meet some of you "locals" soon at a v-ball match or football in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ I may have to go "check out" the ladies lol. I havent been to a volleyball match in about 9 years.

igeaux.mobi _
    Well, who can resist beautiful athletic girls in spandex?? Just don't be looking at my daughter! lol

_ Well, who can resist beautiful athletic girls in spandex?? Just don't be looking at my daughter! lol _

GOOD POINT! And I would never "admit" to you that I was looking at your daughter. My schedule is open on the 28th so I plan on being there. (Might as well start watching another UL sport since thats the only thing that keeps me out of trouble)

_ In case you guys need a "breather". The first spring volleyball tourney is Feb. 28th. at home. We will be there cheering them on. Looking forward to the start of a new year for Ragin Cajun' volleyball. This next year is going to be good. Coach Mazeitis has been recruiting hard and this program is heading up. _
    The lady's have another home tourney this saturday before heading to the Houston next weekend at the Texas Tornados facilty where they will compete against some of the top teams in the country last year. They looked very good last month when we were down there. They played 8 or 9 games and only lost one. They could use the support. Geaux Cajuns'

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information