Thread: UL Students Scramble to Secure Scarce Parking Spaces

1. Default UL Students Scramble to Secure Scarce Parking Spaces

It's barely 6 a.m. on Thursday, and Maria Chiriboga is eating a bowl of Cheerios in her car. She is parked on the shoulder of the one-way portion of Girard Park Drive, just feet from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette campus.

Advertiser (sub)
    The rest of the story
    desktop

2. Default Re: UL Students Scramble to Secure Scarce Parking Spaces

Sheesh, this isn't a new problem. Parking on campus has never been easy. Too many students feel they should be entitled to park right at the doorstep of the building where they have class.

Default Re: UL Students Scramble to Secure Scarce Parking Spaces

Anybody else on here remember those Saturday mornings in Blackham, hungover, waiting for your name to be called at the parking pass lottery.

Good Times.

I remember they would bring in John Morgan to MC and call the first 20 or 30 names.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Anybody else on here remember those Saturday mornings in Blackham, hungover, waiting for your name to be called at the parking pass lottery.

Good Times.

I remember they would bring in John Morgan to MC and call the first 20 or 30 names.
    Back in the 1970's, they were sold on a first-come/first-serve basis. We would get in line the day before with lawn chairs, blankets, ice chests, battery TV's etc U.P. would give out numbered tickets at random times during the night, and the next morning @ 8am when they would start issuing parking permits, you had to have ALL of the tickests and the numbers HAD TO MATCH to prove you didn't leave your place in line!! Actually got a permit to park at Angelle Hall two years in a row. When I didn't have one, I would park in the neighborhood across from Band practice field. There were spots if you got there before 7am!

"Anybody else on here remember those Saturday mornings in Blackham, hungover, waiting for your name to be called at the parking pass lottery.

Good Times.

I remember they would bring in John Morgan to MC and call the first 20 or 30 names."

Oooooh yeah, I remember having that exact experience! Going up into the stands where it was less crowded, but you could still hear if your name was called, so that I could lay out, LOL. And being upset that I agreed to do it, but then being REALLY happy for the rest of the year, when I actually one a slot. It was heaven being able to park on campus, legally!

There was a lot in the oil center that wasn't really connected to any building around it. I used it the entire time I was at UL for absolutely free and I never even had to worry about showing up early.

And before you ask, yes it's still there and no I'm still not telling anyone where it is!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    There was a lot in the oil center that wasn't really connected to any building around it. I used it the entire time I was at UL for absolutely free and I never even had to worry about showing up early.

And before you ask, yes it's still there and no I'm still not telling anyone where it is!
    Park Place?

Administration wants to build another parking garage around Fletcher.

Traffic in Girard Park is gonna be a nightmare.

Nice almost alliteration in the headline.

Does the Day to Day Drudgery of Desk-jockeys at the Daily Demand this Dedication in its Descriptions?

Surely the Story Scribes have Superior Stuff in their Stores

Titling such Tomes is Tiresome

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Park Place?
    Close but no cigar. And it's not the lot across from there either if you were wondering. It's better and closer.

I'll never tell. You'll never get my precious!

Easy Fixit's called parking meters. Students win, Campus wins and Guys Towing gets the biggest win of all. LOL

Thread Information