Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: New Mexico State@Louisiana Attendance Predictions

Default Re: New Mexico State@Louisiana Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The media guide banned me from the sidelines because RP has members that don't use their real names.

I didn't ask again.
    Bankruptcyman is my real name.

2. Default Re: New Mexico State@Louisiana Attendance Predictions

Yea and his job is riding people around on one of those Chinese "RICKS" in downtown lafayette!!!!

3. Default Re: New Mexico State@Louisiana Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Thanks CDD---anybody know why??? There has got to obviously be a very good reason as this is like the heart of our program guys---CDD do you know why or T-Bine??? I will call and ask if you want me to!!!
    It was implemented (I think) in the second (or 3rd) year of David Walker's tenure as UL Athletic Director.

From my perspective the irony of ironies is the very next year UL started Twitter pages, the Advertiser started promoting comments under their articles, even Facebook has anonymous users.

And of course here in Acadiana, radio stations have taken anonymous message board style callers going back to 1999.

Crazy rule, but I abide.

It probably has just been left in over the years and pasted into the new media guide. I would try again.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Crazy rule, but I abide.
    When you are ready to get back on the sidelines, let us know.

6. Louisiana Re: New Mexico State@Louisiana Attendance Predictions

This rule is about protecting the administration and has nothing to do with promoting UL athletics. The Ragin Pagin should never be forced to divulge it's members identification. UL does more harm to itself than any anonymous poster with evan an evil agenda could ever do.

Does Farmer believe maintaining this policy make him look like the bigger man? It makes him look like exactly what he is, a small man. Some people need to protect their identity. Surely nobody believes that some critics are not going to be punished in some way by their criticisms of Farmer, Savoie, or RCAF board members. That is just plain stupid.

This will never be discussed with Farmer in an open forum. BUT I plan on confronting him about such reactive policies.

Will the adverTIGER give out the identification of it's posters to the UL administration or RCAF board members. I doubt it, they should publicly state their policy on this.

So anyone else think that attendance number was bs?

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

i dont think the number itself is bs, i think the people counting for the numbers are bs, who knows how many people come in on the student side after kick off

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    This rule is about protecting the administration and has nothing to do with promoting UL athletics. The Ragin Pagin should never be forced to divulge it's members identification. UL does more harm to itself than any anonymous poster with evan an evil agenda could ever do.

Does Farmer believe maintaining this policy make him look like the bigger man? It makes him look like exactly what he is, a small man. Some people need to protect their identity. Surely nobody believes that some critics are not going to be punished in some way by their criticisms of Farmer, Savoie, or RCAF board members. That is just plain stupid.

This will never be discussed with Farmer in an open forum. BUT I plan on confronting him about such reactive policies.

Will the adverTIGER give out the identification of it's posters to the UL administration or RCAF board members. I doubt it, they should publicly state their policy on this.
    Playing Devil's Notary (don't care enough to advocate) my guess is that Farmer never gave the policy a single thought.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information