Thread: Hawkins Named Preseason All-American

1. UL Baseball Hawkins Named Preseason All-American

LINCOLN, Neb. - Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns junior designated hitter Scott Hawkins (Collierville, Tenn.) was named to the 2008 National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association Preseason All-America team Wednesday. Hawkins, one of three Sun Belt Conference players represented on the squad, was a third team honoree.

Hawkins, a second team American Baseball Coaches Association/Rawlings All-America selection in 2007, hit .344 as a sophomore with 16 home runs and 49 RBI, earning first team All-Sun Belt Conference accolades. He also was named to the ABCA/Rawlings All-South Central Region first team. His 16 home runs in 2007 are tied for fourth in school history with Justin Hemme (1998) and Papo Ramos (1992).

Hawkins finished the regular season ranked in the top five on the team in batting average, slugging percentage, on-base percentage, runs scored, hits, RBI, doubles, home runs, total bases, walks, sacrifice flies and stolen bases.

He led the team with a .376 batting average and 12 home runs in conference-only contests. Hawkins paced the team with a .792 slugging percentage and a .472 on-base percentage in SBC games.

Nineteen conferences and 39 schools were represented on the three units, which form the base for the 2008 Pro-Line Athletic All-America squad and the 22nd Annual Dick Howser Trophy, presented by the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Area Chamber of Commerce and voted upon by the NCBWA membership. The Howser Trophy will be awared on Saturday morning prior to game one of the 2008 NCAA College World Series on June 14, 2008, at the Omaha Press Club.

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: Hawkins Named Preseason All-American

I'll have to congratulate Scott when I get back to my apartment complex.

I'll congratulate him when he is accepting the award just before the Cajuns take the field for the opening game of the CWS

4. Default Re: Hawkins Named Preseason All-American

Wow, this is huge! Remember Jonathan Lucroy made 3rd team All-American last year? And he got drafted pretty early in the rounds, think of what this means for Hawkins' future. Can't wait till baseball, CWS here we come. we're gonna GIG you Aggies!

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    Wow, this is huge! Remember Jonathan Lucroy made 3rd team All-American last year? And he got drafted pretty early in the rounds, think of what this means for Hawkins' future. Can't wait till baseball, CWS here we come. we're gonna GIG you Aggies!
    angelle did you happen to take Technical Writing with Donna Baker at UL?

6. Default Re: Hawkins Named Preseason All-American

Yes why?

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    Yes why?
    I was in your class. Adrian, I work at the rehab.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Man, I hope that Luc & Hawk aren't the same. Then that's one less year we'll have Hawk. Hopefully he'll pupu the draft.

If you guys had Tech Writing with anyone other than Jane "Pontiac" Fiero, then you haven't lived.

Thread Information