Thread: Robert Lee Radio Show Tonight

Default Robert Lee Radio Show Tonight

Coach Lee said that we had good shots last night, just could not make them. Gradnigo especially had good looks but could not get them to fall. I sense he thinks it is a lack of confidence causing that. Note we had 20 offensive rebounds but missed a lot of the put backs. We also did not score as much as we could because of bad decisions after steals. He has said that after almost every game. Defensively he was happy with the play of Brandon Dison on the perimeter and Tyren Johnson inside

Looking ahead to McNeese, this is their best team in years led by point guard John Ford. Dison will guard him. ULM lost to Nicholls because they suspended their two big guys. They will be back for us of course and they almost never lose at home due to their good perimeter shooters. As far as the Hawaii tournament goes, he does not know what to expect as the only team we know we will play is Hawaii. We may play Tulane and it would be strange playing a team 130 miles from here 5000 miles away.

As far as next year's schedule goes, we have lined up 5 non conference games. At home they are Oral Roberts, LA Tech, and McNeese (yes they come back here next year). On the road we play Utah Valley State and UAB. That means we have six left to schedule. I would not be surprised if we go to Tulane as they keep giving excuses as to why they can't come here first. Going there may allow the series to get started. If that happens we would have five left to schedule. Coach really wants to try to get three of those at home. He really wants 15 home games. Problem is getting people to come here. He pointed out that the best way for the school to help the program is to allow us to "buy" home games. UCF is doing that this year. In fact Connecticut
    is going there this year. If you pay someone 50 grand to come, you have to get 5000 folks at 10 bucks each to pay for that and we have been reluctant to take that risk. Playing more at home is critical to develop confidence in a young team. Look at this year, we have played four road games and only two at home. After tomorrow night that continues with the game Sunday at ULM and the Hawaii trip next week. I agree with the point of needing more home games. We seem to have been on the road for several years. The 100 grand to buy two home games is funding the basketball program desperately needs. I was hoping the removal of the state funding cap would allow that. Sorry to be so long, but this is an important point that needs to be raised.

Default Re: Robert Lee Radio Show Tonight

I forgot to mention one other interesting point. Jay asked Coach Lee how was the team chemistry. Answer was the team chemistry off the court was very good. On the court, it is something that is still developing. That indicates to me that guys are still trying to find their roles, which is typical for a young team. For example, Tyren Johnson and LaRyan Gary should not take three pointers and they occasionally do. This is also indicative of a team without an on the court leader. I know David Dees is trying to be but his production on the court has not been at a high enough level for him to be an effective leader. I am not questioning his effort, just stating the results have not been up to par as of now.

Thread Information