Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Bowl

Default New Orleans Bowl

Did we accept our invitation yet? LOL!!!!

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

I'm making my reservations today.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm making my reservations today.
    Made mine last week!

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

If we win out and possibly, but more unlikely, make the top 25, do you think the administration holds for an invite from another bowl or do you think they will accept the NO Bowl when invited. Obviously, we don't want the University to pull a "tech", but what if there was interest from another bowl?

NO NO NO, enough with another bowl. It is not going to happen. Make your reservation for New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    If we win out and possibly, but more unlikely, make the top 25, do you think the administration holds for an invite from another bowl or do you think they will accept the NO Bowl when invited. Obviously, we don't want the University to pull a "tech", but what if there was interest from another bowl?
    Nope. In order for us to get a better bowl, lots of dominos have to fall in place first due to other conference tie ins and we cannot afford to take those chances. As soon as the NOLA Bowl offers, we will take it.

7. UL Football Re: New Orleans Bowl

It won't happen, and it is not the top 25 that gets that fifth BCS bowl, it is being champion in your conference, being rated no. 16 in the BCS and be ahead of others similar to you. We can win out our BCS will not be 16, will not be 25.

Again all the bowls you dream of have AQ TIE INS. They will get filled.

The wife is making our reservations this morning!!!!!!!!!

These days with all of the bowl games and the extended bowl season, other than a BCS bowl, aren't all bowl games viewed similarly? If you don't get a BCS bowl bid, then you go to the bowl that gives you the best chance to either break even or make a little money. That is the NO bowl for us.

I think many people still fail to realize that other than the BCS bowls, bowls don't just hand you a check for a payout. You make the bowl money from your own ticket sales to said bowl. I know most of us on the board have discussed this over and over again, but some still fail to realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    It won't happen, and it is not the top 25 that gets that fifth BCS bowl, it is being champion in your conference, being rated no. 16 in the BCS and be ahead of others similar to you. We can win out our BCS will not be 16, will not be 25.

Again all the bowls you dream of have AQ TIE INS. They will get filled.
    +1 !!
    People need to realize what would REALLY be a"better" bowl for UL. Jay's been fielding questions for the last week about this on his show. His point was that it would have to be one of the "major" bowls to make sense financially for us. New Orleans gives us the BEST chance to sell the MOST tickets and come out on the plus side, AND IT'S NEW ORLEANS!!! You are spot on with the other point as well, the bowls with guaranteed payouts WILL have enough teams that qualify, so it's basically a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    The wife is making our reservations this morning!!!!!!!!!
    Gave up on staying at the team hotel, Marriott. Just NOW booked the big Sheraton across the street for Thur-Sun.

Made my reservations as the game clock hit zeros last night!

I keep trying to talk myself out of the Hyatt . but three years in a row, I keep losing out to myself!

What is it that you people don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The New Orleans Bowl is the BEST BOWL game for this University!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until we get good enough for a BCS type Bowl game, there are NO BIGGER BOWL GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEEEESHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

15. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl

There is a reason the Sugar and Super pick New Orleans.

No better bowl city.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information