Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot Club

Default Re: Red Dots

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Living large in White subdivision. And new homeowner of a house in the Saint streets.

I think Danny may have the article.
    If anyone can scan the article and send it to me it would be appreciated. I have it somewhere, well I think I do, but it is packed away.

Thanks

Try going here http://www.si.com/vault

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Thanks, I found some articles but not the one I wanted yet. I still have a lot of searching to go through. The funny part is you can find more articles with "southwest" than "southwestern.

Thanks again!

Still not able to find it on their website, but I will keep looking. In the mean time if someone wants to let me know the issue number or year, it would be easier.

Thanks again everyone

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Hey anyone have the article from Sports Illustrated that featured the Red Dots at basketball games in Blackham Coliseum?
    What year?

OT: Pretty amazing the IceGators made Sports Illustrated http://www.si.com/vault/1996/04/01/2.ans-like-crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    What year?
    I am not sure, I think it was late 70's early 80's.

UL Basketball Re: Red Dots

Here is a quick blurb about them from November 29, 1982, but I am all most sure they had a story on them and not just mentioning them.

Southwestern Louisiana has six of the top seven players back from a team that opened the season by beating Georgetown, Washington State and Marquette to win the Great Alaska Shootout. Junior forwards Graylin Warner and Dion Brown return, with averages of 15.8 points and 8.5 rebounds, respectively. The Ragin' Cajuns, whose fans wear T shirts with big red dots on them, will play a spotty schedule in their first season as an independent, so they probably must win at least 22 games to earn their berth.

Here is a quick blurb about them from November 29, 1982, but I am all most sure they had a story on them and not just mentioning them.
    There was an editorial in the Milwaukee newspaper after we played Marquette one year.
    Chastising Marquette fans for sitting on their hands while applauding Cajun fans.( mentioned the Red Dots)

There was an editorial in the Milwaukee newspaper after we played Marquette one year.
    Chastising Marquette fans for sitting on their hands while applauding Cajun fans.( mentioned the Red Dots)
    Ok, I will go online and try to find that one as well.

Thanks

11. Default Re: Red Dot Club

Bump

12. Default Re: Red Dots

Bump

I am not sure, I think it was late 70's early 80's.
    I would check Spring 1983we defeated Marquette that Season and there was actually a picture of us with the article.extra special night that one.

This may be the article I am thinking of instead of Sports Illustrated. Hey Cliff. Remember that Hank Raymond was the Head Coach of Marquette the night the Cajuns beat them in Blackham and after the game an Assistant Coach came over to talk to us named Rick Majerus

Also trying to find my "Bo" tape. It has about 20 minutes of game action.
    It was copied onto VHS from TV10 footage. One of the dots worked at 10
    Rex Moore.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information