Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Red Dot Club

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Red Dots.

A group of us had a serious talk about bring back the Red Dots or starting some sort of club for students at the basketball games. I don't think we can be known as the Red Dots because it would hard to live up to the expectations of being a Red Dot. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Red Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Judo Maniac.I wasnt a Red Dot, but i say right next to them in the early 80's at Blackham.

Legend has it the white T-shirts with the big red dot in the middle were purchased at a sporting goods store on the discount rackI am sure the "red dots" will correct me if I am wrong on this.

Those guys bought em up, and turned it into a really fun deal

Trust me young dude.The Cajundome is much more comfortable than Blackham, but it will never, ever, be as wild, as loud, as crazy as Blackham.

u were born 20 years too late my friend!!!

Z.
    Actually, what happened was a company was printing t-shirts that had been ordered and they messed em up (misspelled or something.) So, they covered their mistake in a red circle and gave the shirts away.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Actually, what happened was a company was printing t-shirts that had been ordered and they messed em up (misspelled or something.) So, they covered their mistake in a red circle and gave the shirts away.
    Thank you!! Thats it.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise

and I still have mine!!! along with the Budweiser "USL basketball is Big Stuff"
    T-Shirt. ALso have a couple of "UL/You can kiss my "S" goodbye" T shirts that
    we in the SGA had printed up in 1984.

Also have a "homemade" USL Jersey #10 signed by Bo Lamar. Made it myself when I was 10 out of a T-shirt, stencil and red marks-a-lot and had Bo sign it!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort
    and I still have mine!!! along with the Budweiser "USL basketball is Big Stuff"
    T-Shirt. ALso have a couple of "UL/You can kiss my "S" goodbye" T shirts that
    we in the SGA had printed up in 1984.

Also have a "homemade" USL Jersey #10 signed by Bo Lamar. Made it myself when I was 10 out of a T-shirt, stencil and red marks-a-lot and had Bo sign it!
    Holy ||||, Cypwe are the same age??

Why did I think you were closer to Chad than myself?

Z.

6. Default Re: Red Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO
    I noticed at the scrimmage Thursday that a couple fans were wearing Red Dot T-shirts. I remember hearing something about how all the students would wear these Red Dot shirts to the games several years ago.
    The real thing. RedBug58 next to RedDot84
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I saw Joey wearing his red dot at lunch that da. We were both amped up for the game. When I was younger, I always had to listen to my dad talk about how much better it was at the "Black" "back in his day", now as a student I get to experience the "same" thing. I know all you older guys will say that us young bucks can't bring it back to the way it was. And your probably right. But this whole situation is a dream come true.

8. Default Re: Red Dots.

Does everyone in the world get their ideas from UL ?

Geaux . . . The Swamp . . . 7ULp

Attached Images Attached Images  

Holy ||||, Cypwe are the same age??

Why did I think you were closer to Chad than myself?

Z.
    Hey, it's always better to run with the "young" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort
    Hey, it's always better to run with the "young" crowd.
    If you were a Red Dot, then we must know each other. I know Cliff, Marty, and some of those other knuckleheads.

Z.

Whoever wants to do it again, just call them the "Red Spots" or make it a line across the front of the shirt and call them the "Red Line."

How's that work for you?

I have never been a "Red Dot". But the posting is reminiscent of many years ago at Acadiana High School. On football Fridays, there was always a Mass to start the day. We had pretty good attendance considering the wide spectrum of players. Most players attended with the numbered jerseys and then went on to school.

With those two items in mind, the promotion & marketing (let me say it louder) PROMOTION & MARKETING, (I still cannot hear you), PROMOTION & MARKETING OF THE RED DOTS INDICATING THAT THERE IS A GAME TODAY/TONIGHT.

WHO WOULD ASK "WHY ARE YOU WEARING THAT RED DOT SHIRT AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?"

I wore my red dot shirt to work that day. Out of about 10 people who commented on it, about seven thought it was a Japanese flag. The rest thought it was the 7-up dot. Now they know.

By the way, it's not an original red dot shirt.it's from a promotion (by SGA perhaps) from about 8-10 years ago. And yes, that is me in Turbine's picture.

UL Basketball Re: Red Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    A group of us had a serious talk about bring back the Red Dots or starting some sort of club for students at the basketball games. I don't think we can be known as the Red Dots because it would hard to live up to the expectations of being a Red Dot. Any suggestions?

Several years ago a few sponsors bought some of these shirts, like a 1000 or so and would shoot them into the crowd, I still have mine will wear them at the next home game!!!

DaddyCajun

If you were a Red Dot, then we must know each other. I know Cliff, Marty, and some of those other knuckleheads.

Z.
    Z,
    Knucklehead! I resemble that statement. The t-shirts were bought at Good
    Hope printing for 50 cents. We first wore them to a road game at UNO.
    The game was broadcast back to Lafayette from the Chamber of Horrors.
    We got a good bit of airtime that nite(plus they sold beer there in a side
    classroom).
    So I guess you could say:
    Red dot shirt 50 cents
    Cold Beer. 1 buck
    Pulling for the Cajuns with your best buds. Priceless

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information