Thread: TRIP TO ARK STATE

1. Default TRIP TO ARK STATE

How many in the cajun nation are making the trip? We are heading there in the morning!!!

Default Re: TRIP TO ARK STATE

I wish.....couldn't use up all my vaca right now. I only have about 6 days left....

Day 1-2: Thanksgiving
    Day 3-4: Christmas
    Day 5-6: NOLA BOWL!!!!!

Looks like I'm working on New Year's Eve and possibly Day....oh well.

Boy it's nice to be retired and not having to worry about taking a vacation..........

4. Default Re: TRIP TO ARK STATE

haha No I work shift work, happen to be off

5. Default Re: TRIP TO ARK STATE

Getting vacations ready for the bowl game

I actually was in Arkansas this past weekend visiting a lady-friend of mine. Got to go to Jonesboro a few times (she lives nearby) and see some of the campus. From what I saw, I liked it. The football stadium was nice too. I like the pressbox/athletic building thingamajiggy in one of the endzones. The home side looks really nice, and I thought their pressbox/luxury suite area, while a bit smaller than ours, looks really new/nice/professional. Liked the seating in the other endzone, kinda gave me an idea of what some of our seating upgrades will look like.

I was NOT super impressed with the visitor's side seating. The metal bleachers just seem to have a cheaper feel/look than concrete. Also, the backside, being just the metal support structure/skeleton/frame, looked kinda cheap too. Oddly enough, one of the corner gates was open when we got there roughly mid-day on Friday, and we were able to walk down onto the field. No supervision, didn't get warned or anything. Only people around were the occassional athletes coming out of that building thingy in the endzone area. The field itself is really sharp lookin. Like it alot.

I was also very impressed with the amount of support I seemed to see around Jonesboro for ASU. Lots of stuff painted in storefront windows. Lots of decals, license plates, etc... around town. Relatively little UA stuff (in comparison with the amount of LSU stuff you see around the Laffy area).

p.s.- John Daly (famous pro golfer with bleached hair and crazy pants) was on my flight from Little Rock to Houston.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    p.s.- John Daly (famous pro golfer with bleached hair and crazy pants) was on my flight from Little Rock to Houston.
    He has always had cotton blonde hair. It probably isn't bleached. He just looks so haggard from his rough life that his face doesn't match his blonde locks. He was probably wearing the Loudmouth golf apparel that he's in partnership with. It's loud colorful designs.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Getting vacations ready for the bowl game
    Dude, have a safe trip..

Z

2 of us are leaving in the AM headed up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    He has always had cotton blonde hair. It probably isn't bleached. He just looks so haggard from his rough life that his face doesn't match his blonde locks. He was probably wearing the Loudmouth golf apparel that he's in partnership with. It's loud colorful designs.
    You say haggard rough life, I say epic journey that I can only imagine in my wet dreams.

For those coming up, let me know if y'all would like to meet somewhere before the game.

Thread Information