Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Latest Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    Friday arrival last 2 years.moved it to Thursday this year
    Good, you can come 2nd line down bourbon with us!!!

Default Re: Latest Bowl Projections

You betch'aThey offer.We accept!.NOLA here we come again!.not even a second thought

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Good, you can come 2nd line down bourbon with us!!!
    Sounds like an excellent plan

Someone educate me. The nola bowl could offer us without a conference championship secured? One of these years they'll be obligated to take the champion, no?

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    Someone educate me. The nola bowl could offer us without a conference championship secured? One of these years they'll be obligated to take the champion, no?
    Not any more, that rule was put in place when the New Orleans bowl was the SBC only tie in. They can now take whoever they want.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'd call that the Cajun clause

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    The last rule was that NO was required to take the champ 2 out of every 4 years. Under that rule they would have been forced to take the champ this year. But they changed the rule this year. I'm not exactly sure how the new rule works but it removes that restriction and makes it easier for all the bowls to work with eachother to get the right teams in the right locations.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The last rule was that NO was required to take the champ 2 out of every 4 years. Under that rule they would have been forced to take the champ this year. But they changed the rule this year. I'm not exactly sure how the new rule works but it removes that restriction and makes it easier for all the bowls to work with eachother to get the right teams in the right locations.
    There is no new rule. The new rule is take who you want and stuff as much money in your pockets as you can

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    There is no new rule. The new rule is take who you want and stuff as much money in your pockets as you can
    I believe they have to make sure the conference champ is placed in a bowl somewhere else if the NOLA wants another SBC team. With guaranteed multiple Bowl tie-ins that is no longer a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I believe they have to make sure the conference champ is placed in a bowl somewhere else if the NOLA wants another SBC team. With guaranteed multiple Bowl tie-ins that is no longer a problem.
    that wont be a problem, the conference champ will be playting in the new orleans bowl this year

11. Default Re: Latest Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    I'd call that the Cajun clause
    ---And the game's being held so close to Christmas ----the gift to the NO Bowl was like our being the Cajun "SANTA CLAUSE" to them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The NO Bowl told us after the game that we would get the invitation once we became bowl eligible.
    Thought we had to win conference this year to be accepted to NO Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    please read 3 posts ago.

14. Default Re: Latest Bowl Projections

STOP IT---STOP IT---WE DO NOT HAVE TO WIN THE CONFERENCE TO GO TO THE N O BOWL----STOP ASKING!!!!!!!!!! Looks like we play Tulane who is a lot better than anybody thought --they have added some great pics to play in their secondary and have some quality players by recruits and transfers obtained----They beat ECU and that is a good team as we know from last year---they beat N TEX who beat Ball State and last year the Cajuns----They also beat LTUR and LAMON who thought that they would kill Tulane---They lost to USA who is looking more and more like a very good football team!!! Again we have 6 more games left that we should easily get to the magic # of 6 wins---We have this biggest game ever tonight and BB says I can only concentrate on it ---Geaux Cajuns and bring home a huge win!!!

15. Default Re: Latest Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    At the end of last year that was true going forward, but then things changed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information